Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

.01/.02 nl 6 handed

Old
.01/.02 nl 6 handed - Tue Jun 21, 2011, 12:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
I need help im not sure about how im supposed to be betting when this happens. What would be the correct amounts to bet before the flop and after the flop? Is there a better way I could have played this to make more money?

Old
Tue Jun 21, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
only thing you maybe could have done was to raise to 24 cents preflop.... but they may fold then, if you do.

If you get a hand and your opp doesn't... not much else you can do.

Old
Tue Jun 21, 2011, 12:50 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
only thing you maybe could have done was to raise to 24 cents preflop.... but they may fold then, if you do.

If you get a hand and your opp doesn't... not much else you can do.
agreed...everything was standard

Old
Tue Jun 21, 2011, 01:41 PM
(#4)
The standard 3x reraise preflop is 24 cents, I usually go 3x the original raiser with a value hand like KK. But I make adjustments for what kind of player I'm up against, If he is a looser player who calls to much raise more to something like 30 cents, If he is tighter I might make a slightly smaller raise to 20 cents to encourage him to play.

Old
Tue Jun 21, 2011, 01:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Ok thank you guys so I also think I should have made it to .24c because the guy wasnt playing any hands and finally he raised. Im pretty sure he would have called. So if raised to .24c and he called what would be the normal bet after the flop?

Old
Tue Jun 21, 2011, 01:57 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
I agree with adjusting based on stats or reads, and the OP has given us nothing.

In a vacuum, 3b more in this spot. Standard is .24c (3x) but we should bet more here for value (maybe .30-.35 is good) because:

1) We're going to have to play post flop out of position if we get called, so charge the villain a premium to play the pot in position on you.

2) A random 2NL player will call too loosely, so we exploit that be extracting extra value with the larger raise sizing.

Old
Tue Jun 21, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstar671 View Post
Ok thank you guys so I also think I should have made it to .24c because the guy wasnt playing any hands and finally he raised. Im pretty sure he would have called. So if raised to .24c and he called what would be the normal bet after the flop?

My standard c-bet would be between half and 2/3rds of the pot, generally vs. an unknown this is a good range for value.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com