Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Great Hand # 11 - EPT 2 Monte Carlo - Hussain vs Luske

Old
Great Hand # 11 - EPT 2 Monte Carlo - Hussain vs Luske - Tue Jun 21, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
Great Hand #11 - EPT 2 Monte Carlo - Hussain vs Luske

Watch video here.

Would you have acted the same way? What would you have done differently? Share your thoughts and feedback via this forum discussion about this hand.

Regards

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Old
Tue Jun 21, 2011, 05:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I wouldn't have folded A2 suited if I were that guy...

As far as Marcel vs. Hussain.... Fantastic move. I usually find myself unable to pull the trigger there, but if you sense weakness and know the guy is capable of folding, go for it. Marcel Luske may be a crazy aggressive player, but he knows how to fold.

Hussain's show is really cool for tilt factor, but now he has to have a real hand next time he tries a move like that.

Old
Wed Jun 22, 2011, 12:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree with Ori... I was shocked to see the A2 spades go into the muck. Obviously, Hussain sensed something with Luske that was out of character for him and took advantage of it. A great read and a great play.

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 11:34 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I checked out the final results for this tournament, and they were:

1. Jeff Williams - $1,084,037
2. Arshad Hussain - $592,607
3. Aleksander Strandli - $302,326
4. Marc Karam - $234,875
5. Thierry Cazals - $202,354
6. Ross Boatman - $168,628
7. Marcel Luske - $134,902
8-27 ...

And at the time this hand happened, I guess they were already down to 7 at the final table.

Did you all catch the announcers noting that "[Hussein] is fronting, he's almost fronting ... he's doing everything but wave his finger in front of him here." And then later he said, "Luske really doesn't look comfortable here ... [he] has been bruised twice, and he's not getting involved again..."

Maybe it was a conscious decision to fold and hope for a better spot that never came. But Hussein was so in his face ... maybe this hand might also be an example of the mental aspect of the game, you know like keeping your head in the game when you're on a cooler? Some of the bad beats can be so sick ... I guess it's natural to go a little on tilt after a bad run, even for pros! But I guess the faster one can walk it off, the better, eh?

So much to practice with this game ... although I sure seem to get my share of sick beats, so I guess I'll have my share of opportunities to practice avoiding tilt

Work in progress I guess

<--- I've always wanted to use these smilies ... what better day than today

Last edited by TrustySam; Thu Jun 23, 2011 at 11:37 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com