Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Every1s a donk but me!

Old
Every1s a donk but me! - Wed Jun 22, 2011, 08:41 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Any1 ever get tired of the same old trend of people complaining how everybody else is a donk, yet refusing to admit their own faults?

We're in a freeroll league and yet 95% of the players consider themselves at least above-average players, some even pro status! I think we are all in denial, so I'm doing a mid-year resolution on a few things I have to personally work on. *Drum Roll*

#1 Too conservative with BR management. Most people are on the opposite end of this one, playing out of their Bankroll limitations. I have a solid BR and stubbornly stay at levels I know I can beat.

#2 Must not let my PSO play Style merge with my normal. I nitt it up massively in PSO tournies (tyvm crappy point system) and sometimes carry it over to my other games *tsk Tsk*

#3 I do too much crap while I play online, instead of concentrating on my tables <--- Brutal !!

So this is me saying out loud ,,,,,

"Hi My name is Da Sens Fan, and I am a Donkaholic ! Ty for listening *whew* That feels better

Old
?? - Wed Jun 22, 2011, 09:10 AM
(#2)
This reminds me ALOT of that Tom Cruise, Cuba Godding jr. move-- was it called "Show me the money" or that was the catch phrase anyway, whereby poor old Toms' character, after an extremely enlightening epiphany pulled an all nighter, authoiring a 'Mission Statement' which he then delivered to his entire office-- and then was promptly shytcanned and shunned- hope you not suffer the same fate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have been alot of thunderstorms about lately- get a lil to close to a lightening bolt sens--??

In all honesty--- this post has been approved by the campaign to re elect Desensfan- as the #1 poster in this forum----------

Old
Wed Jun 22, 2011, 09:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Lol Monk...not a bad analogy in a short time! Movie was Jerry McGuire.

We're all behind you Shaun! ...see Monk's analogy...

Old
Wed Jun 22, 2011, 10:30 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
donk,

Old
Wed Jun 22, 2011, 03:18 PM
(#5)
well atleast your honest:tongue...Nah but we all know the Real donk here, his Name was posted on a Thread BTW

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 03:50 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
Any1 ever get tired of the same old trend of people complaining how everybody else is a donk, yet refusing to admit their own faults?

We're in a freeroll league and yet 95% of the players consider themselves at least above-average players, some even pro status! I think we are all in denial, so I'm doing a mid-year resolution on a few things I have to personally work on. *Drum Roll*

#1 Too conservative with BR management. Most people are on the opposite end of this one, playing out of their Bankroll limitations. I have a solid BR and stubbornly stay at levels I know I can beat.

#2 Must not let my PSO play Style merge with my normal. I nitt it up massively in PSO tournies (tyvm crappy point system) and sometimes carry it over to my other games *tsk Tsk*

#3 I do too much crap while I play online, instead of concentrating on my tables <--- Brutal !!

So this is me saying out loud ,,,,,

"Hi My name is Da Sens Fan, and I am a Donkaholic ! Ty for listening *whew* That feels better

+2 Sens.

One thing that Dave said in a post or Training session once is that even the very worst of players can play a hand perfectly every now and then,yet whenever someone loses a hand they felt they shouldn't have it's always "You donk this" and "You donk that". I agree,it's tiresome and is the ONE thing I don't miss in our forced exodus from the site.

My resolution should we ever get back on here is a modest one....

First month I'm OSM'ing every Maple-syrup sucking Canuckster I come across on the tables just for ghits and shiggles.

BTW if monk sends you a PM saying that you "complete" him I would put in for a used-ID change immediately if I were you.

Old
?? - Thu Jun 23, 2011, 07:41 AM
(#7)
Moxie---- with ure +2 and solidarity showed in the above- guess that makes you Renee Zellwegger - not me - and as far as OSMing us Canucks-- what would be the difference from how it was b4

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 12:46 PM
(#8)
All it take is for you to play suited connectors and flop a straight or flush and they'll call you a donk.

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 03:24 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IroncladMerc View Post
All it take is for you to play suited connectors and flop a straight or flush and they'll call you a donk.

I won't say who,but I had a player who has put up decent results in the League (not so much away from it...) call me a donk once when I called his jam from MP1 for 2/3's of my stack with QQ. He turned over A6o,no Ace came and I'm a donk. Because I faded his 3 outer.

At first I thought said player was just kidding and wished him well,but he stayed on the rail for a good 5 minutes saying I was an idiot donk for not respecting his raise,blah,blah,blah...

I ended up changing him from solid player to donk in my notes afterwards...

Old
?? - Thu Jun 23, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#10)
if 30 peeps ask- will you tell us who????

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 07:42 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
This reminds me ALOT of that Tom Cruise, Cuba Godding jr. move-- was it called "Show me the money" or that was the catch phrase anyway, whereby poor old Toms' character, after an extremely enlightening epiphany pulled an all nighter, authoiring a 'Mission Statement' which he then delivered to his entire office-- and then was promptly shytcanned and shunned- hope you not suffer the same fate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol monk , I guess I did have one of those special epiphany nights Makes ya a little nervous when you start having Tom Cruise moments. Hopefully pokerstars does show me the money when I fix some of my problems!

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 09:45 AM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey S..meant to ask, what's the new pic of? Anything special, or just cool lightning?

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 09:55 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Hey S..meant to ask, what's the new pic of? Anything special, or just cool lightning?
Just lightning, tried using the following but apparently it is too "offensive"

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com