Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

My first royal flush :)

Old
My first royal flush :) - Wed Jun 22, 2011, 03:21 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
I just have to share this, my first royal flush and against an opponent who has AA and hits a full house.....how nice

Old
Wed Jun 22, 2011, 03:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2009
BronzeStar
I don't like the way you played it on basically any street... but nice hand

Old
Wed Jun 22, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf70 View Post
Sorry but if you're so smart, why don't you explain how you would of played it. Such a comment without a valid explanation is worthless

So do explain

Old
Wed Jun 22, 2011, 04:08 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I liked the check on the flop. It gives you a free card to try and hit a flush. I understand his check too... as he wants to keep you in when he had the best hand. He's hoping you hit a flush..... but wasn't expecting the royal.

You were able to get him to stack off in the end with the worst hand. Good job!

Old
Wed Jun 22, 2011, 04:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Checking the flop is fine as it allows the preflop raiser to continue his aggression. You can checkraise or check-call here as you generally have so much equity in the hand.

Turn card is gin obviously. Don't like the check-call here at all. I'd mash the bet pot button. His bet of 10 cents into a $1 pot should tell you something....HE THINKS HE HAS THE NUTS. You could probably ship it here and get called. On the river I would definitely just shove. No reason to try to get in 3 separate bets and narrow anyone's range. You risk serious value against a lot hands that will just call by doing that.

Nice hand.

Last edited by oriholic; Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 08:55 PM..

Old
Wed Jun 22, 2011, 08:49 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf70 View Post
Turn and River were well played. But those are the easiest streets in this hand.

Hard to see without reads on the opponent's 3Bet range to say whether the pre-flop call was good or not. The Flop check was fine in most spots (nut flush), but in THIS spot you were drawing dead to 1 out; that makes the check great. Good thing you didn't bet it...

Personally, I do not like putting a ton in with a flush draw on a paired board, but then he (the villain) made it very cheap (infinately so) for you to hit the royal flush. You spiked the 1 outer that killed his boat...

Good for you. Those are rare, but so sweet when they happen.

Last edited by JDean; Wed Jun 22, 2011 at 08:53 PM..

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 12:30 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Classic example of slow playing what looks like the nuts - till the turn hits.

Nice hand - congrats!!

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 11:45 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Fun hand unha - congrats!!!

Thx for sharing!

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 02:28 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
On that board, obviously aces aren't the nuts. Pocket jacks are. And for him to check that flop was a sweet deal for you! I agre that on the river you prob dont want to raise small and give him a chance to just call. there's a ton of hands possible that will be willing to stack off here so just get the chips in. and congrats on ur first one! Stack em high! MT

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com