Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

xflixx' Training: Feedback, FAQ & Hand History Thread

Old
xflixx' Training: Feedback, FAQ & Hand History Thread - Thu Jun 23, 2011, 12:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi guys!

This is xflixx on a special PSO account to be able to post here in the PSO forums.

I'm excited to be taking on the regular wednesday spot at 15:00 E.T. with my 6-max NL cashgame live trainings. Here's a link to my already recorded sessions and bio.

Please feel free to use this thread to post feedback, ideas or suggestions for upcoming sessions as well as any questions you may have for me.

Also, please post any 6-max NL cashgame hand histories that I may use for review in upcoming sessions (I will need the original PokerStars hand history format).

Looking forward to seeing you in my future PSO sessions!

Greetings from Germany,
Felix

Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Mar 22, 2014 at 06:14 PM..

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey Felix, welcome to our forum.

I'm sure the players are very glad to have your experience here. Good luck with everything!

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I caught the replay of your session and was very impressed Thank you Felix and welcome to the forum

Old
Thu Jun 23, 2011, 04:12 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Felix,

I'm very glad to have you aboard for a regular Wednesday session on 6 max cash games. I watched 2 of your trainings and liked them both a lot.

Looking forward to many more to come.

Dave

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 03:12 AM
(#5)
(Live Trainer)
Thanks a lot for the kind words guys Much appreciated!

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 06:22 PM
(#6)
I really like the 6 max training

Old
Thu Jun 30, 2011, 12:39 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Saw a couple of the classes and really enjoyed them. However, I did miss the other two...any plan to upload all the sessions?

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 12:59 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots Levi View Post
Saw a couple of the classes and really enjoyed them. However, I did miss the other two...any plan to upload all the sessions?
Felix's 1st and 3rd sessions were recorded successfully, the 2nd and 4th were not successfully recorded so those won't be video archived. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will schedule a recorder to be present at all of Felix's sessions, and while a batting average of .500 may be great in baseball, I realize it's not so much in live training recordings. The technical problems we had on the 2nd and 4th sessions were flukes. Suffice it to say we've run pretty bad recording Felix but will do our best for some run-good on his future sessions.

Dave

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 11:11 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Ah, I see. What a shame.
Thanks for the effort Dave.
Hopefully all is well this Wednesday.

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 11:17 AM
(#10)
(Live Trainer)
Hey all,

FYI I will be starting out with a new training series this wednesday on how to get you all started in 6-max NL cashgames.

I have done a similar series for the german community before and I thought it might be helpful for both beginner and advanced grinders as I will be playing a different limit each week (from 2NL to 50NL consecutively).

Hope to see you on wednesday, when I will be playing 2NL live and talking about all aspects of getting started in 6-max!

Felix

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 12:53 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Sounds awesome will be in on this for sure.
You going to give us a answer to the blog question,its been eating at me!

Old
Welcome to the PSO training team - Mon Jul 04, 2011, 02:42 PM
(#12)
Looking forward to your 6 max class, all your sessions have been top notch! The hand you posted in your blog has gotten plenty of discussion around my house. I can't wait for the outcome, and for more of these hands in the future.

Thanks for your extra effort,
Keith

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 02:32 AM
(#13)
(Live Trainer)
I will be doing another blog update at the end of the week and I will be solving the hand then

And thx again for the positive feedback, appreciate it!

Felix

Old
;) - Wed Jul 06, 2011, 04:49 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar

***** Hand History for Game 64227576778 ***** (Poker Stars)
$2.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, July 06, 03:56:00 ET 2011
Table Halley III (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Seat 1: MassaMucho ( $1.74 USD )
Seat 2: jjpaukova ( $2.68 USD )
Seat 3: KolkaKiller ( $2.28 USD )
Seat 4: MEVpaul ( $3.27 USD )
Seat 5: shon sprite ( $0.89 USD )
Seat 6: xflixx ( $5.36 USD )
MassaMucho posts small blind [$0.01 USD].
jjpaukova posts big blind [$0.02 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to MEVpaul [ 2c 7d ]
KolkaKiller folds
MEVpaul raises [$0.06 USD]
shon sprite calls [$0.06 USD]
xflixx raises [$0.24 USD]
MassaMucho folds
jjpaukova folds
MEVpaul raises [$0.94 USD]
shon sprite folds
xflixx raises [$5.08 USD]
MEVpaul calls [$2.27 USD]
xflixx wins $2.05 USD
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3c, 9d, Qs ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
MEVpaul shows [2c, 7d ]
MEVpaul wins $6.30 USD from main pot
xflixx doesn't show [Ac, Kh ]

Old
Wed Jul 06, 2011, 05:16 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
why are you shoving 2 7 off? lol

Old
Wed Jul 06, 2011, 05:24 PM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
I didnt shove i reraised and called his allin
No reason just like to mix it up every now and then
I must apologise also didnt realise he was actually doing a live training session on my table genuine mistake i left straight away.

Last edited by MEVpaul; Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 05:27 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 06, 2011, 08:54 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
Missed todays session,presumed it would be later in the day.

Are all your sessions going to be at this time?
No biggie,I barely talk when I join anyways,so I can watch the videos later.

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 12:14 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
After his 3 bet failed the pot was offering $4.03 for his $2.27 stack, which is 1.78 to 1. He needed 36 % equity to make this even EV. He got his money in with 33% equity. If he knew that he was only giving up 3% for this call, it might pay him back lots of money in future hands. This type of play is consider a set-up play. Would you play against him light? After this you may even call his 3 bets light. That's how LAG's make money, by playing this same line and getting paid with their big hands. However, it still was a bad call because villian may have had an over pair in his hand, which would have dropped the hero's equity down to 16%. The 3 bet may have worked if he had a read that the villian raises limpers in late position and folds to 3 bets and/or C bets. But his plan was thwarted by the shove.

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 02:24 AM
(#19)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Missed todays session,presumed it would be later in the day.

Are all your sessions going to be at this time?
No biggie,I barely talk when I join anyways,so I can watch the videos later.
Felix's sessions are planned for this time, yes. Wednesdays at 15:00 ET. Not saying that's written in stone, but I do believe he'll be on a consistent schedule with us and that is the plan.

Also, today's session was recorded so look for it in the video archive soon. Great presentation for the first episode of his new series "Grinding up through the Micros" He covered getting started in the micros, bankroll management, strategic advice for 2nl, and then did a live play segment.

Dave

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 02:39 AM
(#20)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_spadez1 View Post
After his 3 bet failed the pot was offering $4.03 for his $2.27 stack, which is 1.78 to 1. He needed 36 % equity to make this even EV. He got his money in with 33% equity. If he knew that he was only giving up 3% for this call, it might pay him back lots of money in future hands. This type of play is consider a set-up play. Would you play against him light? After this you may even call his 3 bets light. That's how LAG's make money, by playing this same line and getting paid with their big hands. However, it still was a bad call because villian may have had an over pair in his hand, which would have dropped the hero's equity down to 16%. The 3 bet may have worked if he had a read that the villian raises limpers in late position and folds to 3 bets and/or C bets. But his plan was thwarted by the shove.
This must be the post you asked me to comment on.

First of all, Paul's not 3 betting Felix, he's 4 betting him. He opened for a 3x raise, Felix 3 bet it to 1, and then Paul 4 bet it and called off to Felix's 5 bet shove. His equity vs. Felix's 5b shoving range is roughly 20%, so it's definitely not a good call.

It is also a terrible idea as a set up play, for several reasons. First of all, he's putting at risk 165 bb's with way the worst of it, which is not a great investment decision.... there are other spots to make "advertising" plays that cost way less EV. Second, set up plays like this are burning money in 2nl, in order for opponents to be set up they have to be 1) paying attention, 2) understand what they're seeing, and 3) know how to adjust to it. If they can do those 3 things, then they can be effectively "set up". Most random 2nl players can not. By far the best way to get the money at 2nl is to not do anything cute, fancy, or hugely -EV. Just play solid poker and make good decisions, and they will hand you their money over and over again.

It's not even a good idea in bigger stakes, while more of your opponents can do those 3 things, they often won't be easily duped. All in all, nothing really good about this play at all. It reminded me of a home game I play in sometimes, everyone would have had to pay him $1. lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com