Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Women's Sunday

Old
Women's Sunday - Thu Jun 23, 2011, 12:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
WhiteStar
What do you want to know about Women's Sunday? Rebekah Mercer wrote a piece on it this week for the PokerStars Blog.

A small portion of the article:

An added benefit to this tournament and one that many of the women enjoy is the fact that this is one of the friendliest games they have ever played in and they love having the opportunity to meet new people and learn from other players around the world. Oksana (the June 5 winner from Russia) commented, "Most of all, I like the atmosphere of the game in the Women's Sunday, which is absent in other tournaments." Andrea, a winner from Venezuela, remarked that "there is absolutely no hostility involved as sometimes happens at other tournaments." She goes on to say that she thinks "women might be slightly ahead in this matter."

To read the entire piece, click this link.

Old
women's tourney sundays - Sun Jun 26, 2011, 11:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
Sounds a great idea Jen..........could someone send me details please and do we have an events calendar here?

regards

tixy

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the forum. If you go to the article Jen mentioned, there's a link to the Pokerstars Women page, all the info is there. Hope this helps.

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 08:35 PM
(#4)
Welcome tixy!
Let us know if you have any questions on the league.

Hey Joy...just wanted to say that I've enjoyed your contributions here. We don't have enough women participating imo...at least not like it used to be. Probably why the testosterone levels have shot through the roof lately.
You have quite a bit to offer and you come across well so...good on ya'.
Best o' luck!

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 01:56 AM
(#5)
Thanks, Dan!! Always nice to hear some kind words, I'm just trying to pay forward some of the help I've received in the past. There's a lot of info available, I know I found it a little confusing when I first started.

Most of the peeps here are really helpful if you can overlook the occasional flame wars!!

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 09:45 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey I resemble that remark anyways I agree with Dan, we need more women being active here might help calm things lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com