Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

is this a glitch?

Old
is this a glitch? - Thu Jun 23, 2011, 11:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
after the recent update for pokerstars i see a club in the home games tab before i log on and it is one that i don't belong to

i was told this by another member who sees it also so went to look for myself

Club ID--381105
Club Name--nothing to see here
Members--2
Status--Observer

does anyone know more about this or see it in their lobby before they log on also?

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Yeah, I've been getting that too. I e-mailed PS support. First reply I got was asking for a screenshot, so naturally I obliged them. The reply to that read:

Hello Paul,

Greetings from PokerStars.

We appreciate your concern in this case. The issue has been
reported and we can assure you it is being handled accurately.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Regards,

Ana C
PokerStars Support Team

So how long it will take to fix remains to be seen, the cause still to be guessed.

Old
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 11:11 PM
(#3)
Well it seems that your response from stars is a load of hot smelly crap

PS staff and admin have been in here all week answering questions and replying to the threads about one league for all and full tilt's troubles but nothing here

well i found out the answer on my own

The name is Lee Jones and he has been making deals with players to get their home clubs promoted in the lobby before you log on and he has been handing out extra limits on members

i clicked the club then logged on to get to the lobby then pulled up a table
as luck would have it the clubs manager was there bragging about how Lee Jones has done this for her and how she has a 500 player max now

I am truly getting sick from the lack of check and balances here at stars
this is not fair upon the rest of the managers here
why do these selected few get special privileges

I would really like some one from stars to get their arse here and try to explain this crap

Old
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 11:32 PM
(#4)
Lee Jones is the author of Winning Low-Limit Hold 'em.[1] He also contributes a monthly column to Bluff Magazine.[2]
Jones earned his B.S. in Computer Science from Duke University in North Carolina in 1978, and his M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Maryland in 1983.
From October 2003 to April 2007, Jones worked as the cardroom manager of the PokerStars online poker cardroom.[3] As the poker room manager, Jones decided which poker tournaments and games to offer the players. In April 2007, Jones retired as the poker room manager of PokerStars and began work with the European Poker Tour.[4] Jones said that he is making the change "to expand [his] horizons and stretch some new muscles." Jones organized, hosted, and provided television commentary for EPT events, while also still serving as a consultant for PokerStars.[5]
In April 2008 Jones announced he was leaving EPT to become COO of CardRunners, a poker instructional website.[6] He left Cardrunners in 2009.
In May 2009 Jones signed on with the Cake Poker Network's flagship member Cake Poker as the Card Room Manager.[7] He was also acting as a player advocate at Cake Poker.[8] He resigned from Cake Poker in December 2010 citing "strategic decisions with which I'm not comfortable" [9]
In 2006 Jones and a math professor named James Kittock developed a system for playing heads-up that they called the Sit and Go Endgame System (SAGE). This drew a mention in the New York Times poker column

seems as he has found some new projects now

Old
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 11:39 PM
(#5)
you didn't need that

Last edited by joker41673; Wed Jun 29, 2011 at 11:50 PM..

Old
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 11:52 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
I am truly getting sick from the lack of check and balances here at stars
this is not fair upon the rest of the managers here
why do these selected few get special privileges

I would really like some one from stars to get their arse here and try to explain this crap

Hey Joker, this is PSO not PokerStar
Nobody from PokerStar will come over here for you
If you want answers, contact support

You should know better and differentiate the 2

Old
Thu Jun 30, 2011, 12:01 AM
(#7)
Sand if you have read this then you should know that someone has already contacted support and had a bunch of smoke blown up their arse

if you have something constructive to add or would like to state your opinion on this you're more than welcome to but you don't need to remind me of how useless this place has become

Old
Thu Jun 30, 2011, 12:14 AM
(#8)
Yes I did read all of it and yes I know you contacted support, all I'm saying is that complaining about PSO staff, is the wrong thing
This is a PSO site, a PSO forum and what you're talking about is a PokerStar issue

You could go at 2 + 2 and post there, I know there is a PokerStar person that does answer questions
You could get others to contact support and complain, maybe the more the merryer

As far as I know, this place is not useless, what you're expecting, you won't find here, because it has nothing to do with PSO

Old
Thu Jun 30, 2011, 12:52 AM
(#9)
well then read again

i didn't contact support

this is a home game issue

and no thanks i will not be joining 2+2

do you honestly believe all that crap about one hand not knowing what the other is doing?
PSO staff, Admin., and even joe and brian know damn well who Lee Jones is and someone can easily of answered this awhile ago but have chosen not to because they know that giving privileges to other members is wrong

Old
Thu Jun 30, 2011, 01:16 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
well then read again
i didn't contact support
this is a home game issue
and no thanks i will not be joining 2+2

do you honestly believe all that crap about one hand not knowing what the other is doing?
PSO staff, Admin., and even joe and brian know damn well who Lee Jones is and someone can easily of answered this awhile ago but have chosen not to because they know that giving privileges to other members is wrong

Geeeeeee
Yes they are related, but your problem is not PSO problem
You even mentioned it "HOMEGAME ISSUE"
That doesn't sound like PSO

You're just like Monkeyskunk, it's no use
If you insist, keep on arguing at the wrong place
Good luck

PS. I just send support an email also

Old
Thu Jun 30, 2011, 07:40 AM
(#11)
Sand don't take me wrong i really do appreciate your concern but your failing to realize that i am quite aware of what i'm doing here

no matter how you interpret this thread you have lead yourself astray from this fact

if you have sent an e-mail to support then thank you i have started to accomplish what i wanted with this which is to get other peoples attention as to why i haven't received an answer to this and what is really happening behind their backs

this is another example of how someone who pays out a lot of rake can obtain special privileges at stars and then have it swept under the rug as others question it

i'm out of time and need to go for now
take care and good luck on the felt

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com