Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PSO in distress

Old
PSO in distress - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 01:46 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
What we have here is a failure to communicate!

Mods whatever it is that has your nose bent out of shape,you could explain it or you will see me posting this over and over.

We have a problem in the PSO that needs to be addressed.
Shutting down people that have been active in the community is,well it leaves me with a lose for words and I will leave it at that.

Back to the issue.

What is the best way we can make this community better and eliminate the cheating?

Would be nice if PSO added some thoughts,but not expected and wont hold my breathe.

So we have asked for a easy test to be added to the system but this is asking to much.
What can we do?
Support is just as helpful but I guess I am not allowed to be critical of Pokerstars.
Do we take this to another forum that allows free speech?
Would love for it to be dealt with here and its such a easy thing to fix.

Like I told support it makes me very weary of putting money on my account when I see this happening so openly.Mods closing these threads scares me even more!

So we need to do some thing here and maybe a post that has people supporting a change could be linked in a email and show them how many people are concerned about the infestation in the PSO.

Sucks that I am being seen as some one that causes trouble in this forum now.
Its ashame but I think I am fighting the good fight and if the mods want to ban me for speaking out so be it.

Thoughts on how we can get PSO or Pokerstars to listen?

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 02:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
The only way to get them to listen is to keep on speaking up. Eventually someone will notice something is not right and look into the issue.

Report every issue. Follow up with support. Keep PSO support in the loop.

Don't get discouraged; eventually the hard work will pay off.

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 02:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Remember when the League started and how many of us were dissing the structure and how there was little by way of response from Admin?

Well, 8 or 10 months later they actually stated within their lessons that one should play the PSO differently than most other tourneys. Took em that long to acknowledge and iterate what we'd been saying.

ssuglia's correct. Keep posting.

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 07:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
Up the revolution

Keep up the fight

Old
?? - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 07:41 AM
(#5)
Hay Dirty- i got an infraction - yes another- for proffering my opinion that Eric nancy should be removed from his position, so i imagine supermod and brian are going to ban me today- Joe has actually sent me mail in the past appreciative of my comments and participation in this forum, cept for one occasion, so i gonna PM you my email addy, so i can 4ward to any reports from stars on the cheats i run into- keep up the good work-- Monk...

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 08:28 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2007
I agree with you Cookies that the integrity of the game is a major issue in the PSO League and needs to be addressed in some way.

I come across the issue of people announcing their hands or how they intend to play the hand at least once in every tournament. What surprises me most is the number of experienced players (who play the league month in, month out) that are guilty of this. They know the house rules and blatantly disregard them. I reported one individual earlier this week and I got a mail acknowledging the violation of tournament rules with the caveat that
Quote:
many of our players are not aware of all proper poker rules and etiquette, this player has now been informed of the applicable rules. It may be that the player are aware of this rule already but if the player continues with this we will take further action.Any future contraventions of the rules by this player will result in their receiving a chat revocation or even a tournament disqualification.
OK I thought to myself, that's cool; that was until I came across the same player yet again announcing his hands, later in the week. It appeared making him aware of the rules had no impact on this "player" at all.

In fairness though, I have spoken to other less experienced people who were announcing hands, and when I told them that what they were doing was against poker rules, they apologized and admitted they did not know that this was the case. Not only that, (although supposedly they must have taken the core course), they had no clue about the League or that PSO even existed.

So there is a real failure to communicate here and some really big questions need to be answered and addressed by PSO and Pokerstars:

1. How do people play in PSO tournies and yet know nothing about PSO? How is this possible if they have taken the core quiz?

2. Why is the role of PSO (as a poker school) not one of making their players aware of proper poker rules and etiquette?

3. I acknowledge that PSO does not police individual PSO League games and that Pokerstars Support are responsible for that role. However, is it unreasonable to ask that the guidelines and admonishments applicable for rule violations are published on PSO, so that everyone knows the standard principles of behaviour and the punishment applicable for any contravention of the rules? Would that not improve conformity and conduct from all players?

4. PSO may not be responsible for individual tournaments but surely they are responsible for the League itself? Is there no communication between PSO and Pokerstars support in this regard?

As Cookies says it should be fairly easy and practical to set up a system to root out the cheaters and this really needs to be done. Someone surely must be accountable and responsible for the integrity and honesty of the game on Pokerstars and the PSO League. It is high time that both PSO and Pokerstars sorted this out between them, or will cheating just be allowed to be the accepted norm???

TC

Old
?? - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 08:38 AM
(#7)
It is high time that both PSO and Pokerstars sorted this out between them, or will cheating just be allowed to be the accepted norm???

Read more: PSO in distress - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1QCEwEmMC

+1 TC- further- there are basically 2 'levellers' in poker- 1. variance (Luck of the deal) and 2. Skill-

If contravention of the rules becomes the most prevelant leveller- in a game of poker-- well its not poker- is it??

Old
Honesty and Integrity. - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 09:32 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
TC, honesty and integrity,? are you kidding me? in online poker? Where pro's are well known to have multi-accounts? Where bluffing, stealing, and idiot players get rewarded. I'm starting to believe that PSO+PS have this league for their entertainment, and are sitting back, laughing at the bad beats, cheering for runner runner in favor of the donkeys, filling their gutshot draws, straights around 1 card, and flushes when we have nut straights.

I had a blog up, must not have met with their standards, but basically wasn't very nice. It said that Poker Stars, and PSO do nothing to police the tournies, or the league, only policing it gets is from us players, the few that actually care about the school, and the skill league.Granted they put up a nice chunk of change and everything, but they need to do something in regards to 3 areas in this league.

1. Chip Dumping/collusion/chat agreements between players.

2. Multi-Accounters.

3. PSO cut off.-> This league needs to be taken seriously by more players. If players can't keep their score over what they start with every month(1500) maybe they need a month off to read some of the lessons, look at some of the training videos, and take the test again the next month. There would be a grace period for those just joining, of 3 months, after 3 months, they need to be over 1500 per month to keep their tickets for following month.
I'm sure someone will argue over some point I have mentioned, won't be the first, won't be the last

I Gotta Be Me

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Fri Jun 24, 2011 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: :) Italics

Old
?? - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#9)
first 20 minutes of first game 2 day-- no theres no problem !!!!!!!!!!!

PokerStars Game #63735048524: Tournament #397948257, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2011/06/24 10:30:14 ET
Table '397948257 14' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: monkeyskunk4 (5264 in chips)
Seat 2: warox1 (443 in chips)
Seat 3: MirOmidKashi (1365 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 4: bokyaw (4535 in chips)
Seat 5: camerin844 (1920 in chips)
Seat 6: MisterCD (1456 in chips)
Seat 7: Pharlap99 (1863 in chips)
Seat 8: shorty3006 (867 in chips)
Seat 9: pokerbhoy74 (277 in chips)
pokerbhoy74: posts small blind 50
monkeyskunk4: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to monkeyskunk4 [2c As]
warox1: folds
MirOmidKashi: folds
warox1 said, "tough call"
bokyaw said, "hes going for d win"
bokyaw: calls 100
camerin844: folds
MisterCD: folds
Pharlap99: raises 100 to 200
shorty3006: calls 200
pokerbhoy74: folds
bokyaw said, "anever give up is good"
monkeyskunk4: folds
bokyaw: calls 100
*** FLOP *** [Tc Kd 4h]
bokyaw: checks
Pharlap99: bets 637
shorty3006: folds
bokyaw said, "42?"
Pharlap99 said, "qq"
bokyaw: folds
Uncalled bet (637) returned to Pharlap99
Pharlap99 collected 750 from pot
Pharlap99: shows [Qc Qd] (a pair of Queens)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 750 | Rake 0
Board [Tc Kd 4h]
Seat 1: monkeyskunk4 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: warox1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: MirOmidKashi folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: bokyaw folded on the Flop
Seat 5: camerin844 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: MisterCD folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Pharlap99 collected (750)
Seat 8: shorty3006 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: pokerbhoy74 (small blind) folded before Flop

PokerStars Game #63734864462: Tournament #397948257, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2011/06/24 10:23:02 ET
Table '397948257 14' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: monkeyskunk4 (5314 in chips)
Seat 2: warox1 (2874 in chips)
Seat 3: MirOmidKashi (1390 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 4: bokyaw (2292 in chips)
Seat 5: camerin844 (1270 in chips)
Seat 6: MisterCD (1706 in chips)
Seat 7: Pharlap99 (1938 in chips)
Seat 8: shorty3006 (1080 in chips)
Seat 9: pokerbhoy74 (126 in chips)
MirOmidKashi: posts small blind 25
bokyaw: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to monkeyskunk4 [Qc Ah]
camerin844: folds
MisterCD: folds
Pharlap99: folds
shorty3006: calls 50
pokerbhoy74: folds
monkeyskunk4: calls 50
warox1: folds
MirOmidKashi: folds
bokyaw said, "no nice gu on this table"
bokyaw: checks
*** FLOP *** [5c Jc 5h]
bokyaw: bets 100
shorty3006: calls 100
Pharlap99 said, "your a nice guy"
monkeyskunk4: folds
*** TURN *** [5c Jc 5h] [Ac]
bokyaw: bets 250
bokyaw said, "i have trip"
shorty3006: calls 250
*** RIVER *** [5c Jc 5h Ac] [7s]
bokyaw: bets 200
shorty3006: calls 200
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bokyaw: shows [2h Js] (two pair, Jacks and Fives)
shorty3006: shows [Jh 9h] (two pair, Jacks and Fives)
bokyaw collected 638 from pot
shorty3006 collected 637 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1275 | Rake 0
Board [5c Jc 5h Ac 7s]
Seat 1: monkeyskunk4 folded on the Flop
Seat 2: warox1 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: MirOmidKashi (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: bokyaw (big blind) showed [2h Js] and won (638) with two pair, Jacks and Fives
Seat 5: camerin844 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: MisterCD folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Pharlap99 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: shorty3006 showed [Jh 9h] and won (637) with two pair, Jacks and Fives
Seat 9: pokerbhoy74 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 04:12 PM
(#10)
Since: May 2011
While playing in Thursday's 8:00pm PSO game..Sorry again, but no had history.

I have QQ and have about a thousand chips. Raise to 3bb. Re-raised to 500. Now with 900 chips I raise all in. Only 400 chips to the re-raiser and he could afford it. He folds???WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT??? Sure looked like a chip dump....

About 20 mins later still short stacked with AK I shove UTG plus one. Folds to the same fella who reraises to 5k on the button, blinds fold.

Player had K 5 and loses........

Looked again like a chip dump to me. This fella was from Canada, as I.

To my point finally,

How can you possibly ban players from the same country playing at the same table???

That is just sooo dumb.

Never seen this fella before, wouldn't mind running into him again if he ~is~ that weak. It was a first for me.

Dale

Old
?? - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 04:29 PM
(#11)
hay Dale- top left corner of ure scrren- you will see the word--- previous#345683421--- or some such number- simply clic on that- after the hand has finished and the HH will pop up-- righ clic/select all copy-- open a notepad document- paste in and save as-- suchand such hand- when u have time- read the hand history over - do this if your ever suspicious of chip dumping -- or see someone calling out there hands-- gl- monk..

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 04:39 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post
While playing in Thursday's 8:00pm PSO game..Sorry again, but no had history.

I have QQ and have about a thousand chips. Raise to 3bb. Re-raised to 500. Now with 900 chips I raise all in. Only 400 chips to the re-raiser and he could afford it. He folds???WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT??? Sure looked like a chip dump....

About 20 mins later still short stacked with AK I shove UTG plus one. Folds to the same fella who reraises to 5k on the button, blinds fold.

Player had K 5 and loses........

Looked again like a chip dump to me. This fella was from Canada, as I.

To my point finally,

How can you possibly ban players from the same country playing at the same table???

That is just sooo dumb.

Never seen this fella before, wouldn't mind running into him again if he ~is~ that weak. It was a first for me.

Dale
It obvious when a player is just jamming every hand like a nutcase and when some one is folding on purpose.Patterns become very clear when a player lets say raises and fold preflop 3 times in a row to the same player that just happens to be in the hunt for top 10 and needs points.

People can see when a player is just a any two card jammer and so can support.
So any one sending a hand in like the one you describe would be thrown out.

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 04:39 PM
(#13)
Since: May 2011
Have to learn that.
Usually when I see something I am so screwed up by it it takes a bit to gather my thoughts.

I requested hand history once before when I had seen some brutal table talk. I recieved an email confirming but without any data to my hotmail account.

Thanks

Dale

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com