Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

The Ten Commandments of Poker

Old
The Ten Commandments of Poker - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 08:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2007
I just came up with this idea after reading the article Monkeyskunk posted. If no one else is going to publish the rules, maybe we should do it ourselves. So I will start with the moral imperatives of poker, add as you see fit until we get "The Ten Commandments of Poker".

1. Thou shalt not announce your hand (or any hand) or intended action during play.....

TC

Old
?? - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 09:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
2. Thou shall not chip dump to- or soft play a "friend" in the Big Blind-- or any other position---

hey top - did you find it interesting in that article- that study found- that people were less inclined to cheat- when faced with eternal damnation- rather than jail or monetary loss? i sure did.

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Fri Jun 24, 2011 at 09:02 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 09:03 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
3. Thou shalt not ask other players at the table to stall, to time out every street of every hand they are involved in, bleed time bank dry near ITM etc etc.

And I say that despite my own PSO motto, which is similar to a famous quote in sports....

"If you arent stalling in PSO, then you arent trying hard enough"

Last edited by mcgameboy; Fri Jun 24, 2011 at 09:30 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 10:01 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
4. Thou shalt have one account only and use that one account only, no matter how many friends thou has.

In a PSO tourney a couple of weeks ago, Player 3 was ranting at player 9's play. Couple of hands later Player 3 gets knocked out and Player 10 (from the same country) is seated in 3's position. A few minutes later chat from Player 10 is "Hi player 9. It's me Player 3 back to get you" . When questioned he said he uses lots of his friends accounts.

I reported him and both accounts are user not found, but everytime I play someone from that country I want to ask if it's him.

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 10:05 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawni View Post
4. Thou shalt have one account only and use that one account only, no matter how many friends thou has.
+1 Scumbags

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 11:02 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Thou shalt not discuss a hand AT ALL while it is being played whether or not u are involved (plenty of time after if you so desire) good topic TC.

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:00 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
hmmm this is tough i cant think of ten... one that i can think of is

thou shall not bluff someone off a hand when another player is all in.

I hate when somebody goes all in and theres 2 callers and then the other guy bluffs at the pot and the all in guy wins.

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#8)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
how about thou shall not put a bounty on another player's head?

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2010
5 Thou shall NOT steal my big blind

6 Thou shall covert thy neighbours chips

7 Thou shall kill/murder the short stack in the big blind if you have them chip dominated

8 Thou shall play fairly in the rules of the game

9 Thou shall check it down when more than 2 in the hand and one player is all in , ie best hand wins

10 Thou shall try to win

Last edited by spike8998; Fri Jun 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:11 PM
(#10)
5. Thou shalt not ask other players to fold to you in any position in order to pass the bubble.

6. Thou shalt not discuss in chat how to take the sitters blinds.

Old
?? - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:12 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLBoY452 View Post
hmmm this is tough i cant think of ten... one that i can think of is

thou shall not bluff someone off a hand when another player is all in.

I hate when somebody goes all in and theres 2 callers and then the other guy bluffs at the pot and the all in guy wins.
yes- bluffing at a dry side pot is ridiculous- yet well within the rules-- whats worse- try to eplain the logic behind it to the player that does it-- wow----tiltx100-------

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#12)
Thou shalt donk effsea at every opportunity.

Okay seriously---

Thou shalt not follow peeps that you are competing with for a top spot to their tables and encourage (from the rail) players at said table to make a run at the player. Or tell players at the table that said player is a top ranker and if you push at them they'll lay it down. Just really cheap,classless behavior IMO.

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 02:22 AM
(#13)
Since: Apr 2010
11 Thou shall not take the name of POKERSTARS in vain

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com