Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

drunk guys thoughts

Old
drunk guys thoughts - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 09:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
ok,

This is just my opinion,

PSO is a marketing tool for stars, a pretty good one l think, the $17.500 they give away every month, there most likely getting back one way or the other, this is a business, there out to make money, 1st and foremost, now that being said.

Lets look at all the positives,
$17.500 in prise money, the forum, where we can voice are opinions, the league, where we can play against each other and better our games for free, and win free money, also l love the competitive nature of the league. then theres all the friends l have made here, without the pso, l would have never made a friend in online poker, if it was not for the pso.

Now the negatives
So far it seems the staff at the pso, so they tell us have very little power to make changes, or to act on the cheating that seems to be ongoing here, well if this is the case and true, thats pretty sad.

There are many members here that take this league very seriously, for one reason or another.
l for one don't really, l try to make my $50 and run, l use it for give aways in the drunk tank, l don't play to win it, but still want the pso to be fair and fun for all.

ok let me pick on the staff of the pso 1st....lol

the real only failure l see so far is that, where are you, negative or positive comments or suggestions from your members go unheard, you guys are the pr peeps of the pso, we want feed back, good or bad, at least we would feel like your listening, the same issues arise every month, even if nothing can be done, address it, and maybe we will move on,

now members,

at times our suggestions and comments are not very constructive, so l can see why we do not get any feed back, maybe we can try to put our feeling and concerns in a more pro-active way,

l would hope that we ( pso staff/pso members ) can start working together on the issues, and communicate in a constructive and positive manner, just maybe then the issues may get resolved, butting heads like we do now, is getting us nowhere.

just my 2 cents

flame away,

cheers all

Last edited by effsea; Fri Jun 24, 2011 at 11:53 AM..

Old
?? - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 09:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
PSO is a marketing tool for stars, a pretty good one l think, the $17.500 they give away every month, there most likely getting back one way or the other, this is a business, there out to make money, 1st and foremost, now that being said.

Read more: drunk guys thoughts - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1QCXfKQm7

Active members in PSO pre BF-- 10,000 +/-
5.5 vpp awarded for evry $1.00 in rake = average player spends say $ 4.00 in rake to be active-X 10,000 = $ 40,000

Active members in PSO now -- 5000 +/- = $20,000 , they still makin money-- and is a great place to start---- ty again PSO and Pstars--

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 10:17 AM
(#3)
Monk, your numbers are way off
Most active players are active without PSO
If you want to put up numbers, look at all the inactive players of May and out of those players, how many are active in June?
How many of the May winners only spend their winnings (which is only $3)

Look at June $93 will be given to non active players, those players will probably spend only that money. All the rest is distributed to active players and I'd say that 80% of those spend with or without PSO

Those are the numbers, not $20,000

Old
?? - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 10:32 AM
(#4)
I believe they are right- rake collected by stars - is rake collected by stars- what i am saying is- they are not losing money- go pick a fight elsewhere please- i not in the mood- why cant u see that my post was demonstating that fact-- geez--

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:33 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
$17,500 free ? Hmmmmmm I think not
Stars make this prize pool and then some each month from rake
Laughing all the way to the bank springs to mind
Its profit pure and simple in a business that makes money

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:37 PM
(#6)
Monk I'm not trying to pick a fight with you
When someone puts up false information, I like to correct them

You are absolutely right about what's going on and it's very frustrating, but the blame is on PokerStar, not PSO. YOU like others say, that PSO is part of PokerStar, therefore all the rules and decisions are based on PokerStar rules. I'm sure PSO are just muppets following what PokerStar dictates.

Everything that goes on here at PSO happens everywhere else. I was going to say "especially in freerolls" but no, it happens at every level. PokerStar should first and foremost, do a check up on every player, maybe write a program that prohibits players from the same country to sit at the same table (don't think so).

You got to understand that PokerStar can't police every table (20,000 at times). When I was a mod at PokerStar, when on duty, I had non stop calls, those were 4 hour shifts. Those were players calling mods. There was about 30 of us at one time. So we were swamped, maybe you should apply...lol (I know I wouldn't return). Hats of to the PokerStar mods, it's a very non validating job.

Mods will only deal with language and abuse, all other items are forwarded to support. And again, it's a very small team. So again, there is no way they can monitor every table and every player

All the problems you bring up, have to be taken care of by support at PokerStar, but you need to go through a mod first. I think that what's frustrating is the hierarchy process. Rules and how to process them have been written and are pass on to mods, supports and PSO staff (since PSO is run by PokerStar)

What you've been doing Monk is extraordinary, you've been the Colombo of PSO, but unfortunately, the decision makers are going with what's written black on white. Just to show you what I mean, I speak French, so I do get a jiff of some Spanish, Italian, so when I was a mod and was called at a table because of some swearing going on, the fact that it wasn't in English, there's nothing I could do (as per the rules). I knew what was said because I was able to translate, but nooooooooooo. I couldn't even say English only because that's not what the call was all about.

In conclusion, I don't want to fight with you Monk, but bringing this up over and over will not make a dent in PSO nor PokerStar

Now what frustrates me, is the absence of the staff, their lack of response to suggestions, basically their invisibility. Continuous problems with the leaderboard, forum problems, promotions not fully though out. This as been brought to their attention and they never seem to understand the word COMMUNICATION. I think that those are the items we should be complaining about to PSO. As for the all the items you are mentioning (cheating, collusion, multi accounts etc) should be forwarded to PokerStar.

Again, nothing against you Monk

PS. Another thing that frustrates me, 2-3 players per table have no clue about this league, aren't aware of the monthly prizes and especially don't give a shitz about it. Also 6-7 players per table have no clue about this forum, nor do they give a rats azz about it

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Fri Jun 24, 2011 at 12:55 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:47 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
The real reason why l started this thread, was to try to get both sides ( the pso staff and pso members ) to start discussing issues in a constructive way.

The thread that was started the other day by eric, about, how to play AA, was the best thread ever, no fighting, nothing but great debating,

this is how all issues should be handled, in a civil manner,

l know l try explain things in a different way, l think it's the hippie in me..

hiccup

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 12:49 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2007
For some reason I can hear John Lennon singing Imagine in my head LOL

TC

Old
?? - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 01:00 PM
(#9)
Its all good sand- im just a lil perma tilted - not gonna play til Monday i think- 1st game this day- not 1 but 2 clowns announcing hands- had to report them- thats 12 or 13 since last sunday-- gl all- imma goin fishing-- cheers---

Old
Fri Jun 24, 2011, 01:27 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2010
Why dont u donks just get on with playing poker gl all

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com