Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Folding the BB on the Flop

Old
Folding the BB on the Flop - Fri Jun 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
ok here it is,

I often find myself in the BB and whether there is 1 limper or 4 limpers is irrelevant the fact that I get to check and see the flop is what Iam on about, ok so then, how am I supposed to fold the flop when I get a pretty flop? IE nut flush draw, nut straight draw, straight flush draw, open ended straight draw HOW do you fold that?!?!!?! but everytime I smooth call the bets it never makes my hand and Iam down a bunch of chips I mean yes I understand the PSO and the points but how do you get away from that?!?!?!? it seems so hard to me! Same as I have read a bunch of posts where people are saying fold AA preflop in early stages if met with resistance well I say NEVER lmao I cant do it lol and to be quite honest my AA hardly every fall I would feel it safe to say they hold up 8/9 times out of 10 and yes I have had an early exit with my AA but my attitude is well the loss is out of the way nxt time I win :-D and sure enough oh btw my AA actually hold up 9 out of 10 times, but thats neither here nor there my point is how do you fold on the bb when you have limpers and then the flop comes and its a very nice flop for you and sure enough someone bets big 5xBB or more or all in and you are like OH MY GOD!! REALLY?!?!?!?! because you know you have to let it go for the points but and here is the kicker when I fold said hand it would of won had I stayed in if I call the bets or call all in it loses SWEAR to god, every single time

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 11:39 AM
(#2)
18 views and noone can enlighten me?

Old
?? - Sat Jun 25, 2011, 11:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
hay bonesy- imma here-- give me a minute- a

Old
?? - Sat Jun 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
(#4)
search me and come say hi at a table--

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 12:18 PM
(#5)
Iam there but BIG lineup on both tables lol

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 12:19 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones31271 View Post
18 views and noone can enlighten me?
Allow me then. To get away is not as hard as it seems, there is a big red button that has "FOLD" written on it.

I mean even if you're playing a regular tournament or a ring game, you have to consider your outs and the pot odds. In the PSO League even more, because of the points system and the large number of weak loose players.

Any draw you have on the flop (except you having an open ended straight + flush draw) is weaker than bottom pair which in a 4 handed pot is the least someone will have most of the time. The power of the draws comes by adding to your outs fold equity value, which I wouldn't take into consideration too often because of the level of play in this league, you know ...

So either you're the one betting and getting called by the loose player or you're the one calling his bet, you'll be the underdog and lose more than you make on the long run. Unless the bet is small enough compared to the pot size and you have the stack to afford it, but let's be honest, when was the last time this happened to you ?

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 12:19 PM
(#7)
geeeeez i cant even talk as an observer lmao I dont have enough to even sit down apparently

Old
?? - Sat Jun 25, 2011, 12:19 PM
(#8)
i dont wanna play cash with you- just wanted you to say hi-- get u off ure tilt man

Old
answer - Sat Jun 25, 2011, 12:20 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
ChromeStar
aye very hard one to answer,threw qq yesterday, pre flop,after i raised 3bbs,got aye caller ,followed by aye shove,folded,my Qs would of held,others had,k9 os,and j6 os,both missed,my Qs would of held,tho,aye mistake?i dont think so,others have told me,made the right move,didnt feel like it at the time,but then again,didnt get pushed out in first 5%,so i was still alive,very hard at times to make the right move,pos ,action ahead,other players rankings,and stack size it factors you must bring into your play,gl my friend,aint no pro here,so take what i say or leave it,all good either way,best of skill and luck to you my friend,DOGG GONE

Old
Monsters cracked - Sat Jun 25, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
ChromeStar
in the last 4 days i have had 18 monster holds cracked,aa kk qq,whats can i do?throw them early i feel?DOGG GONE

Old
?? - Sat Jun 25, 2011, 12:27 PM
(#11)
DUDE- barry- listen to me- UNTIL U LEARN TO POST HAND HISTORIES- -- STOP POSTING--BAD BEATS ---------MANY PEEPS CAN HELP- yet ure failure to make an effort- in your own endeavor- well.............................

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
i dont wanna play cash with you- just wanted you to say hi-- get u off ure tilt man
oooooooooooh ok lol, I was just reading the suggestion box, I have to aggree i think it would be AWESOME to have a chat where we can all go too chat with others whether it be to vent and get suggestions on how to play the hand better or just to sit down and have a coffee and a smoke for some people and chat

Old
?? - Sat Jun 25, 2011, 12:57 PM
(#13)
bonesy- ure issue is easily tilt -- me not stupid man- and seeing how u recognize this also- welll.............................. there is no shame in folding man-- gl--

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com