Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Advice

Old
Advice - Sat Jun 25, 2011, 10:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
I was having some computer problems a couple days ago so what I did was do a restore/backup to about 2 weeks ago. That solved my issues I was having, but now here is my problem. In between that time frame I had to do a upgrade according to POKERSTARS. Since Black Friday I didn't delete Stars from my comp so nothing to worry. I still came back here to play with friends in some home games. Now since I did my restore/backup I no longer can access Stars. I am hit with this message saying that stuff from Black Friday. That FBI junk.

Is this now permanent? Is this the true end for me on Stars other than here in the forums? any advice would be helpful. I was able to stomach not being able to play in the PSO and my tournaments, but I had a hefty amount of play chips and friends I enjoyed playing with.

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 11:01 PM
(#2)
Well drywall...take a look at this. I'm not the most savvy myself, but take a look specifically at the last post. He has some info there that may help. Sorry man.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...erstars-client

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 11:25 PM
(#3)
Thanks Dan, I see and it is unfortunate I had computer problems which caused me to restore to a previous point and voided my upgrade I did. So hope others see this and understand if they have to back up and restore then this also is a price that comes with it.

Thank you all for the good times and letting me be a part of your home games. I really enjoyed this site during my 4 years here. Hope some day we all meet again.

I will still come and enjoy the forums as it is very entertaining. Take care every one and good luck on the virtual felt!

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 11:30 PM
(#4)
Well wait a minute, I'm a bit confused...are we not able to see home games on the .net version?
Before the update, I just played a play money game in eff's home game..are you saying that is no longer available?
George is gettin' upset!!! ~~Seindeld

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 11:37 PM
(#5)
I had to do a system restore yesterday. I also did a home game in eff's a couple days ago. I can't say the .net version won't work. I know I was able to do the upgrade the 23rd and was able to play here.

My other problem is 2 years ago I downloaded the .com version from the .net I had. I didn't have a problem with it until I asked support a question about it and bang my account was frozen. They told me I was breaching contract by having 2 accounts. They considered .net and .com 2 accounts. after long e-mails back and forth they closed my .net account and transferred everything to my .com account. So I am flagged from trying to open a .net account now.

Let me know if you find anything out on this. Thanks Dan!

Old
Sat Jun 25, 2011, 11:40 PM
(#6)
We'll do...I'm gonna correspond with support before I even try to see what I can expect. phht..not that it matters. We'll see..thanks dry!

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 01:42 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
You should try 2p2,some of those guys are awesome with PCs I would help you but I am all Mac here.

Here is a link to that section of the forum.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/48...echnical-help/

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 01:54 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Dano you can play ANY play money games on .net,including play money Home Games in clubs in which you're a member. I've been in the Tank 3 nights running and I'm on .net now.

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 08:36 AM
(#9)
Thanks mox.

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 12:41 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Well wait a minute, I'm a bit confused...are we not able to see home games on the .net version?
Before the update, I just played a play money game in eff's home game..are you saying that is no longer available?

I WAS IN THE POOL!!!!!!

Women know this don't they?

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 02:16 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshot View Post
I WAS IN THE POOL!!!!!!

You don't have to worry about me.

I won a contest.

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 07:38 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshot View Post
I WAS IN THE POOL!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
You don't have to worry about me.

I won a contest.
Should I not have done that?
Was that wrong?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com