Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

What did i do wrong

Old
What did i do wrong - Sun Jun 26, 2011, 12:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
ChromeStar
WHAT DID I DO WRONG HERE PLEASE?
Transcript for your last 1 games requested by BARRYDOGG378 (barryjulian18@yahoo.co.nz)

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #63791854918: Tournament #397948389, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2011/06/26 12:52:19 NZT [2011/06/25 20:52:19 ET]
Table '397948389 36' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: canrockx (4980 in chips)
Seat 2: Legend1710 (3012 in chips)
Seat 3: Mikey_hba (9655 in chips)
Seat 4: Dem!an jikl* (2050 in chips)
Seat 5: JustMePokeer (1010 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: 3D ICEMAN (958 in chips)
Seat 7: slimpavlova (3052 in chips)
Seat 8: BARRYDOGG378 (3660 in chips)
Seat 9: D@V3NUTTZ (1769 in chips)
canrockx: posts small blind 100
Legend1710: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BARRYDOGG378 [Ad Ah]
Mikey_hba: folds
Dem!an jikl*: folds
JustMePokeer: folds
Mikey_hba said, "i have 50 VPP;s this month lol"
3D ICEMAN: folds
slimpavlova: folds
BARRYDOGG378: raises 600 to 800
D@V3NUTTZ: folds
canrockx: calls 700
Legend1710: folds
*** FLOP *** [7c 4c Ac]
3D ICEMAN said, "so?"
canrockx: checks
BARRYDOGG378: bets 1000
canrockx: raises 2200 to 3200
Mikey_hba said, "so i am active next"
BARRYDOGG378: calls 1860 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (340) returned to canrockx
*** TURN *** [7c 4c Ac] [4s]
Dem!an jikl* said, "nh"
*** RIVER *** [7c 4c Ac 4s] [Qs]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
canrockx: shows [4h 4d] (four of a kind, Fours)
BARRYDOGG378: shows [Ad Ah] (a full house, Aces full of Fours)
canrockx collected 7520 from pot
BARRYDOGG378 finished the tournament in 242nd place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7520 | Rake 0
Board [7c 4c Ac 4s Qs]
Seat 1: canrockx (small blind) showed [4h 4d] and won (7520) with four of a kind, Fours
Seat 2: Legend1710 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: Mikey_hba folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Dem!an jikl* folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: JustMePokeer folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: 3D ICEMAN folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: slimpavlova folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: BARRYDOGG378 showed [Ad Ah] and lost with a full house, Aces full of Fours
Seat 9: D@V3NUTTZ (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

If you have any questions, please contact us at "PokerStars Support" <support@pokerstars.com>

Old
My bad - Sun Jun 26, 2011, 12:34 AM
(#2)
ChromeStar
Should i have shoved pre flop,in hindsite yes i feel,but my first raise was aye monster raise,i feel,would he have called pre if i had shoved?DOGG GONE

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 01:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
You played this hand well, sometimes you get 1 outed, think they call that poker. Do not be results oriented, if your making the correct decisions things will work out in the long run.

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 01:15 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Its a bad beat.
Preflop is fine but I would think about putting it allin on the flop.
When the pot has more than 30% of your stack in it you should always jam if you got a good piece.

The other factor is he called your preflop so he is going to call off the remaining chips most of the time.

Old
Help please - Sun Jun 26, 2011, 01:43 AM
(#5)
ChromeStar
Ive got it in my hand replayer,but dont know how to get it here,can you help please?

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 01:46 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
I have yet to try the hand replayer to be honest.
Prefer to look at hands like this anyways,but I know PSO wants people to use the replayer.
Hopefully some one steps in and helps.

Old
Cheers - Sun Jun 26, 2011, 02:06 AM
(#7)
ChromeStar
Cheers my friend,not aye problem,thanks anyway,sure someone will be able to help me,good luck and skill to you my friend,DOGG GONE

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 02:20 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Barry try not to post the same hand in 2 different threads dude,just leads to cluttering up the place.

Also you may want to clip your e-mail address off the hands before you post them....

PS,
I responded to this hand in the Bad Beats thread if you want to check that out.

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 02:36 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
oh yeah,good eye Moxie I missed that.

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 08:35 AM
(#10)
Here's how to use the replayer. It can be found in the live training videos by the Langolier.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...dds-Calculator

Barry...you can cut that email out like Mox said. Just go up to that post, hit edit...and remove it.

Old
Sorry my friend - Sun Jun 26, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#11)
ChromeStar
Still learning here,dont know where have my post go,to impaient i feel,sorry again about that,done mean to do it,just showed how to post HH,Dan the man showed,hopefully i got it worked out now,bare with tho if i get it wrong,sorry once again,DOGG GONE

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 02:36 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRYDOGG378 View Post
Still learning here,dont know where have my post go,to impaient i feel,sorry again about that,done mean to do it,just showed how to post HH,Dan the man showed,hopefully i got it worked out now,bare with tho if i get it wrong,sorry once again,DOGG GONE

If I can make a suggestion if you're going to post the hands like this,the HH route,instead of the replayer then maybe lean a little more to the Bad Beat section as the prevailing trend for the Hand Analysis section seems to be going for the Hand Replayer posts.The main thing is just refrain from posting the same hand in 2 different sections. Trust me if you post it in one it will be found and you will get feedback.

Personally I'm like cookies here,I still prefer the HH route myself as I seem to drink the action in a little better looking at it that way.

And no need to apologize for working through things,you'll have to make a real effort to supplant ME as the biggest computer donk on here anyways.

(Ssugs should be along any minute to say poker donk to...)

Old
Sun Jun 26, 2011, 06:19 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRYDOGG378 View Post
Still learning here,dont know where have my post go,...,DOGG GONE
Hey Barry...in your pm. The only thing I can ask is to click on that red link in my post just above here. I haven't used the replayer, and that is a video that will walk you through it...but like mox said..it's ok to use the HH from email...as a matter of fact, I think others can take what you paste and put it in themselves, so don't worry too much,,,take your time in learning how to use it.

As for finding your posts...do this. Click the gray Go To tab , then click Subscriptions. Now you will see all the threads that you either posted in, or subscribed to.

Your doing good at getting this much done. I fully understand when someone isn't totally computer literate, how difficult some stuff seems...so relax and enjoy.

one more thing...hit the gray Last Posts tab to see all posts from all forums that you haven't read yet since your last visit. It's very convenient.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Sun Jun 26, 2011 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: one more thing

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 06:56 PM
(#14)
Since: Apr 2011
hey barrydogg good to see your posts ,so you can put the hand player link heres what to do ,

go to the hand replayer and find the hand you can hightlight the hand you want and play the hand make sure its the right one and the player plays the full hand ,if you dont copy the hand corectly somtimes you dont get the full hand,then with the hand still highlighted,click on the link builder,a box will appear with a text in it,copy the whole contents of the box ,and then go to the forum and open a thread or go to one of your own threads to try it and paste what you just copied from the box,move your cursor away from the text enter or space bar,i like enter it gives you a full line clearence from the text and if you wish write a storey ,

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com