Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

poker pros

Old
poker pros - Sun Jun 26, 2011, 08:53 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
heres a question for a fun thread instead of those other threads that are all arguments...

Anybody play live poker against a poker pro? Like a big named poker pro...

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 12:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Many times, depending on how big named you want. lol

Here's some off the top of my head (many from my limit hold'em days in Vegas):

Roy Cooke
Barry Tanenbaum
David Sklanksy (once)
Mason Malmuth
Erik Lindgren
Tom McEvoy
Greg Raymer
Gavin Smith
Matt Matros
Jim Brier
Lou Krieger
Linda Johnson
Susie Issacs

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 07:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Annette Obrestadt.
Neil Channing
Nik Persaud

Possibly more, but I wouldn't be aware unless somebody pointed them out. I don't really recognise "poker stars" as such, as I believe that many of them are no better than a lot of us nobodies.They just hit the right cards at the right time in the right tournament and ended up with large enough bankrolls or sponsership deals that then allowed them to continue to practice their craft in high profile events.

For every "name" out there, there are a thousand equally good players going about their work in total anonimity.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 09:27 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLBoY452 View Post
heres a question for a fun thread instead of those other threads that are all arguments...

Anybody play live poker against a poker pro? Like a big named poker pro...
I havn't played against many, but did have an epic road-trip with a few!

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 09:30 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
lol nice one sens

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 09:48 AM
(#6)
Since: May 2011
BronzeStar
i was hoping for somebody to say they played against negraneau or hellmuth or ivey...

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 09:52 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLBoY452 View Post
i was hoping for somebody to say they played against negraneau or hellmuth or ivey...
only played negranue online, would Love a shot live fun times

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 09:56 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
...that is a great pic sens....NOW we know what you look like...you're driving right?

Just online here too...D. Phillips chatted just a bit in the Turbo Takedown.

ps..in response to devil's last comment...The Langolier has got some huge names there..particularly Slansky.
Very nice list Dave.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Mon Jun 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: post script

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 10:34 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Havent played with anyone... have not played live but just found out that Josh Brikis lives around the corner from me

http://www.joshbrikis.com/

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 11:33 AM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
I've played with Helmuth on line, as well as Annette Obrestad, Adam Levy, a bunch of others.

From the live list I'm probably missing a few that would be considered "known". Darkman is right, for every "known" player there are quite a few others that are excellent cash game players who are happy being under the radar and just making their living.

Sklanksy just once live when he was "slumming" lol. I was playing $30-$60 limit HE at Bellagio and he took a seat for a couple hours while waiting for a seat to open in the $200-$400 limit HE game.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 11:59 AM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Played online in Sunday Storms, the same tables as Anders "Donald" Berg, and Andre "acoimbra" Coimbra.

Anders had a few railers, asking him for money. He played 2 hands out of 8 that he was on my table for, and busted out with QJ suited to an AQ.

When I played same table as Andre, he outfinished me, and that was my best finish, ITM for $30. he still had a good solid stack, sitting I believe around 165,000 when I was ousted.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com