Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

No discussion of ROI or any other stats at tables.

Old
No discussion of ROI or any other stats at tables. - Mon Jun 27, 2011, 04:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I am writing this post for 1 reason, I was banned from chat for this same thing.

I was in 8pm tournament today, when I saw 2 players who were attacking another players stats.
I can't post the hands, as it came up without observer chat in the hand history(not sure why).

As I can not find the chat in question as of yet, the 2 players will remain nameless, however be forewarned as this is also a no no, and you can lose your chat privledges, and even be suspended.

If I get a hand history of the complete chat, I will be posting it.

Anyone feel like fessing up, before I find the chat in question? If no, I severly hope I find the chat, because it will be posted.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 09:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2009
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
I am writing this post for 1 reason, I was banned from chat for this same thing.

I was in 8pm tournament today, when I saw 2 players who were attacking another players stats.
I can't post the hands, as it came up without observer chat in the hand history(not sure why).

As I can not find the chat in question as of yet, the 2 players will remain nameless, however be forewarned as this is also a no no, and you can lose your chat privledges, and even be suspended.

If I get a hand history of the complete chat, I will be posting it.

Anyone feel like fessing up, before I find the chat in question? If no, I severly hope I find the chat, because it will be posted.
Insane, what is the justification behind this?

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 10:31 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Discussing player stats is illegal because it may give someone an unfair advantage... I think that having OPR, Sharkscope etc open during play is also a violation of the TOS but ask Monk he knows all the rules that I dont

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 11:22 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Discussing player stats is illegal because it may give someone an unfair advantage... I think that having OPR, Sharkscope etc open during play is also a violation of the TOS but ask Monk he knows all the rules that I dont
PTR was added to the no-no list a little while back, but I don't remember OPR or sharkscope there.

I think PTR was added because they sell hand histories, which can give people an unfair advantage. I didn't care much for the site anyway, it only showed like half the hands I had played.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 11:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Yes it is against the rules
I for one have done it a few times, but only because the other player brags and brags about being better than all, that he's the best and as made so much money. But when checked, he's just an annoying little idiot donkey with terrible stats. I'll just take so much bull, then I'll prove them wrong. For your info, I think I've done it 3 times in the past 3 months

For your info stakehorse, you first get a chat warning, but you can get chat banned for a day, week, month depending on your ban history, you'll never get suspended from game.

If players don't like it, they can call a mod on the spot

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 12:06 PM
(#6)
Stake you are right. It was me.

When players shoot there mouths about how good they are I will check stats and call them on their BS .

Last edited by brkn80; Mon Jun 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM..

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 12:07 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
I for one have done it a few times, but only because the other player brags and brags about being better than all, that he's the best and as made so much money. But when checked, he's just an annoying little idiot donkey with terrible stats. I'll just take so much bull, then I'll prove them wrong. For your info, I think I've done it 3 times in the past 3 months

For your info stakehorse, you first get a chat warning, but you can get chat banned for a day, week, month depending on your ban history, you'll never get suspended from game.

They can't call a mod when their chat is banned, like I was last night when you were there Sand.

A little food for thought, seeings how you have oh so long ago had your stats blocked, I think the sites would be interested that you are using the siite for exactly the same reason you block them for.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post

OPR is allowed any time Room Sharkscope only if PS client isn't running.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf70 View Post
Insane, what is the justification behind this?
jf70 the justification is in the only 2 players that came in to say they do it, as well as try to justify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
Stake you are right.

When players shoot there mouths about how good they are I will check stats and call them on their BS .
Doesn't make it right, and also, OPR actually has a usage agreement and in that usage agreement, you are not allowed to use any of their stats on their site to make anyone look bad, disprove them, or any other reason.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
For your info stakeazz, sorry stakehorse, brkn80, NEVER mentioned stats, I'm the only one, he just concurred. So get your story straight. If the player was upset (which he wasn't), he should of called the mods, not you. Unless you want to be the police patrol.

I know what I did was wrong, it falls under PokerStar harassment guide lines, but hey, if I was an angel, I wouldn't be playing poker.......LOL

Sorry brkn80 for dragging you into that chat last night

PS. For your info stakeazzz, sorry again, I mean stakehorse, what you are doing here in this forum is also harassment.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 01:37 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
personally I don't have a problem with it.. I have done the same as sand in the past too, some idiot monkey saying he is playing the game cause he needs some fun away from his normal routine of $100 tourneys lol and you look him up and he has lost 35000 and never played above a $1 game lol.. I think its more of a protect the fish from the sharks rule... look at the highstakes games the regs wont play each other.. they sit and wait and "bum hunt"

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com