Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

husbands and wives

Old
husbands and wives - Mon Jun 27, 2011, 03:40 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Can a husband and wife share an account??

Can a husband and wife have seperate accounts at the same home addy??

Thanks,

Dale

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 03:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
no they cant share one account but they both can have there own accounts so long as the rules arent being broken IE sharing what each other is holding, soft playing you know the drill

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Sharing an account is a definite no-no, but you can each have your own account. Just to be proactive, I would contact Pokerstars before you do this to verify that you are not multi-accounting.

There are also some restrictions about playing in the same events, you should find the answers you need in the new Poker Room tab at the top right of the page.

Hope that helps.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 04:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
What a slime ball Dale, I was teaching my wife how to play while I sat beside her and your complaint is she clicked the mouse a couple of times. Well sue me for showing her how to play. Its an attemp to stop her complaining about the time I spend playing poker... What a snake to try make more of it.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 04:18 PM
(#5)
Slime ball ????? For very politely pointing something out????

Geez, chat off I guess?

I did NO flaming at the table, and no flaming here as well. Tried to help, only to get shat on??

You should be saying thank you!!

Man...there was no complaint there. Just pointed it out to help you

Dale

yep, changed my mind

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 04:28 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatehouse999 View Post
What a slime ball Dale, I was teaching my wife how to play while I sat beside her and your complaint is she clicked the mouse a couple of times. Well sue me for showing her how to play. Its an attemp to stop her complaining about the time I spend playing poker... What a snake to try make more of it.

with that said I dont think there is anything wrong with what gatehouse did, its not like she was a shark and making sure he itm'd he was simply teaching her how to play now Iam not sure but I think the rules are set that way so that a shark doesnt take over a fish's account to get them itm yes I know that sharing an account is wrong but as gatehouse said he was sitting right there and just letting here get the feel of the game hoping to spike an interest in it so she will create her own account, with that said yes it is against the rules but it was innocent I dont know if it is a reason to ban gatehouses account or not but I dont think it is warranted under the circumstances, let the flaming begin

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#7)
His wife unknowingly announced that she was playing for her husband. I nicely pointed out that it may be against the rules, as I wasn't sure. Told them it was a dead issue at the table. Just wanted to point it out.
Posted here ONLY to find out if I was correct.

Notice how no screen name was mentioned, nothing.Didn't mentioned it had happened, again nothing.

I said that I "personally" had no problems with it but some might. Repeated the "dead issue" comment again.

And the flamming began.....sigh

Dale

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 04:50 PM
(#8)
Some of us saw it Dale.

Gate, just a suggestion..Dale did only come and ask to find an answer to his legitimate question. I'm not thinking that your actions with your wife were so bad...but they are against the rules. Many people do what you did in attempting to show others how much they enjoy playing here. I understand that. But know that it is a violation.
You outed yourself with your response, and as a bystander, I personally don't see the need to attack him with name calling. I understand your frustration, I just think you may have let it go a bit too far.

Sometimes when we read something, we should prepare a response, and then save it for a while until we're sure that the emotions of the issue have settled down for us before posting it.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#9)
dale just so you know, my "let the flaming begin" comment wasnt directed towards you, I figured I would get flamed for my 2 cents lol

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 05:06 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
Make sure you inform pokerstars support first if your wife is going to make an account this way they can block you from playing at the same table or the same sit and go.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 05:09 PM
(#11)
Dan your right I should have waited a while but hindsight and all that. I outed myself as i am open and honest I was trying to teach my wife how to play poker badly. Dale I appologise for my namecalling and perhaps you were not being as sneaky as I first thought.Anyway if enough of you feel I have commited an almighty sin then \i accept what ever draconian punnishment thats coming my way. Bones as always you are a true gent. Good luck at the tables and that includes you Dale.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 05:11 PM
(#12)
You can't play on each others accounts. And there are some other rules also. Just be fair dont do anything you wouldnt do in a live game.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 05:20 PM
(#13)
Gate if you both want to play from the same address make sure you contact support and let them know of your intention. They may inform you right then as to the restrictions against any games in which the two of you would be disallowed from participating in at the same time. If you need to be further directed they'll do so at that point. They may want picture screenshots of picture ID's of both you and the missus as well (pretty sure that was a requirement in straightening out the whole sharkatak-datzang situation).

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 05:24 PM
(#14)
Quote:
I was trying to teach my wife how to play poker badly..
I know what yer trying to say but this is funny .^^^^^^^^

Dale asked a legit question.More than 1 player per account is against the TOS of PS.
Multiple accounts in the same household is allowed,there are guidelines that are required of those accounts to follow.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 05:33 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Dan your right I should have waited a while but hindsight and all that. I outed myself as i am open and honest I was trying to teach my wife how to play poker badly. Dale I appologise for my namecalling and perhaps you were not being as sneaky as I first thought.Anyway if enough of you feel I have commited an almighty sin then \i accept what ever draconian punnishment thats coming my way. Bones as always you are a true gent. Good luck at the tables and that includes you Dale.
"Perhaps" not being sneaky???

No name mentioned. No event mentioned. No report to Stars sent....ect????

As I clearly said at the table...I had no problem with what you were doing. I did say "Personally" had no issue, but some might.

Outing yourself was your choice. I had no intention of it going anywhere. You chose to do so.

If I am the prack you think, it would have been put up clearly for all to see.

Can you now see how I was only trying to help???

Dale

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 05:35 PM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2010
I taught my son how to play whilst I was playing
Never let him near the mouse or keyboard
Asked him what he would do when my cards came over
But his opinion was dead in the water because I had already decided what I was gonna do before he answered
Then I explained my actions after the hand had been played using universal replayer
Didn't think he caught the poker bug because he never created an account when he returned home
More interested in shoot em ups on XBOX lol

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 05:44 PM
(#17)
Safe to say her second time watching and learning has put her right off. Quote " If I do decide to learn I want to learn properly " , Says it all about my poker playing although I cant fault her logic.

Old
Mon Jun 27, 2011, 06:08 PM
(#18)
Since: Feb 2011
me and my wife both have accounts ... and no need to tell stars as they will know the sec u do it and u wont be able to log on to the same table/tourney because of your "close relation" to XXXXX (what ever her screenname might be) using the same router/ server and all. not to mention bank account... hope this helps.. not quite sure how it works on desktops as we both have laptops..but still the same router/server stack em high! MT

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 03:34 AM
(#19)
Official Warning recieved, Gatehouse is over and out. Honestly I'm a nice guy who who owned up to what I thought was an easy way of teaching my better half the game. But the backstabbing and baiting has ruined this for me. Met some really nice people here especially Bones, dReam, Spike, Jcanuck, Pixie and several others.
Enjoy your games and have a team of Lawyers look over anything you do or say because make a small genuine mistake and they will round on you like a pack of angry dogs.
And lastly Bones I really hope it turns for you , you are a very good player who deserves a lot better. Be lucky.

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 05:18 AM
(#20)
Hey Gatehouse don't give in that easy, and don't let the anyone here put you off playing at PSO. Like you said in your post there are some decent players here, So just grow some thicker skin and don't let the minority spoil it for you. I'm sure you and your wife made an honest mistake, so my advice would be to give it a day or two, compose yourself then return to playing and enjoying your game and if what you read in the forum puts you off playing then stay clear of it and concentrate on playing poker. There are some decent Individuals and very good poker players here at PSO who you can learn a lot from so don' let this matter keep you away. Good luck and i hope you make the right decision.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com