Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Any mistakes made here?

Old
Any mistakes made here? - Tue Jun 28, 2011, 11:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
ChromeStar
Transcript for your last 1 games requested by BARRYDOGG378 ** E-mail addy deleted - TJ **

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #63885438315: Tournament #397948261, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (200/400) - 2011/06/29 3:32:44 NZT [2011/06/28 11:32:44 ET]
Table '397948261 7' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: HessamRajabi (8260 in chips)
Seat 2: kinchy94 (11205 in chips)
Seat 3: kriss1220 (1560 in chips)
Seat 4: jayb1976 (3230 in chips)
Seat 5: dovirg (9684 in chips)
Seat 6: lol746 (1020 in chips)
Seat 7: tuckymariner (2012 in chips)
Seat 8: BARRYDOGG378 (663 in chips)
Seat 9: toronto_r_us (4205 in chips)
HessamRajabi: posts the ante 50
kinchy94: posts the ante 50
kriss1220: posts the ante 50
jayb1976: posts the ante 50
dovirg: posts the ante 50
lol746: posts the ante 50
tuckymariner: posts the ante 50
BARRYDOGG378: posts the ante 50
toronto_r_us: posts the ante 50
BARRYDOGG378: posts small blind 200
toronto_r_us: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BARRYDOGG378 [Qh Ac]
HessamRajabi: folds
kinchy94: folds
kriss1220: raises 800 to 1200
toronto_r_us said, "i tried to get u out, being last to call"
toronto_r_us said, "bad move lol"
HessamRajabi said, "i wanted to give your chips back"
jayb1976: folds
HessamRajabi said, "lol"
toronto_r_us said, "lol"
dovirg: raises 800 to 2000
lol746: folds
tuckymariner: folds
BARRYDOGG378: calls 413 and is all-in
toronto_r_us: folds
kriss1220: calls 310 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (490) returned to dovirg
*** FLOP *** [8c Ks 4s]
*** TURN *** [8c Ks 4s] [Ah]
*** RIVER *** [8c Ks 4s Ah] [Qs]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
kriss1220: shows [Qc Kd] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
dovirg: shows [4d 4h] (three of a kind, Fours)
dovirg collected 1794 from side pot
BARRYDOGG378: shows [Qh Ac] (two pair, Aces and Queens)
dovirg collected 2689 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4483 Main pot 2689. Side pot 1794. | Rake 0
Board [8c Ks 4s Ah Qs]
Seat 1: HessamRajabi folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: kinchy94 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: kriss1220 showed [Qc Kd] and lost with two pair, Kings and Queens
Seat 4: jayb1976 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: dovirg showed [4d 4h] and won (4483) with three of a kind, Fours
Seat 6: lol746 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: tuckymariner (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: BARRYDOGG378 (small blind) showed [Qh Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Queens
Seat 9: toronto_r_us (big blind) folded before Flop

If you have any questions, please contact us at "PokerStars Support" <support@pokerstars.com>

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Tue Jun 28, 2011 at 04:29 PM..

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
This is PSO. With a committing raise and a reraise to get all his chips in, chances are if you call you're in 3-way pot. Your hand has very little chance of winning this 3-way pot, so I would fold here.

Yes, it may be the best hand, but with your dead chip stack you should resign yourself to folding. This is a spot where folding and trying to outlast a few more players makes sense. I'd rather take a random hand heads up against a shove than AQ multiway like this.

Old
True staement - Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#3)
ChromeStar
Thanks for your comments,am i sending the right sort of hands to be anilized,my friend?

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:41 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
This is PSO. With a committing raise and a reraise to get all his chips in, chances are if you call you're in 3-way pot. Your hand has very little chance of winning this 3-way pot, so I would fold here.

Yes, it may be the best hand, but with your dead chip stack you should resign yourself to folding. This is a spot where folding and trying to outlast a few more players makes sense. I'd rather take a random hand heads up against a shove than AQ multiway like this.
Since it's level 9, we're probably getting close to (if not already at) the positive points bubble, depending on current rank.

If you're already at the point where you're not losing points, I don't see the problem with calling, even with ladder climbing being the name of the game.

If this is a normal MTT or SNG, I'm getting my chips in here. In fact, I would have probably already gotten them in sooner and not gotten so low in chips. It's a bit different in a PSO though.

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:43 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRYDOGG378 View Post
Thanks for your comments,am i sending the right sort of hands to be anilized,my friend?
Yes, and it's good that you're asking questions.

Your next step should be to pay close attention to your opponents, and identify any reads that could be valuable in analyzing the hand.

Also realize if anyone is being critical of your play, it's to help you improve, don't take anything said too personally.

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 12:52 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRYDOGG378 View Post
I think this is one of those spots where you are pretty much committed , at least with a decent hand and have to call the rest off. You obviously don't want to see all that heat but such is life.

As for posting hands, something that could help us in the future is adding stats like your opponents vpip / pfr / af . If you're unfamiliar with these terms, offer as much info on the opponents involved ie How many pots are they playing (loose/tight), how often they are preflop raising, and how aggressive are they. These are the very nitty gritty basics but can really help for hand analysing.

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 02:02 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
since you're not right at the bubble, won't get ITM within the next hand or two, I'd prefer to be in a heads-up pot.... but... with an M of less than 1, I'm going in with AQ in this situation. You've already got over 1/3 your chips in the pot from the sb and ante... with a big A, you need to try to get chips to get ITM and only have a very limited number of hands to do it.
Yes, in a 3-way pot, you're going to win it less than 50% of the time... but at least you've got a big A going in.... and you may not see a pair nor A again in the next couple of hands before you're blinded out.

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 02:38 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Oh we're in the blinds? I thought we were the button. I still think it's close but I think that makes it a call.

It's a sick spot, and I would absolutely go into the tank here. I call if it's suited. When someone makes a silly raise like 3x on a 5 BB stack it's usually a monster hand, like AA or KK. Could be AK or QQ as well, and our equity against that kind of range blows. Anyhow, you know he's never folding no matter who comes over the top. The big stack reraises to isolate. There's a lot of money in the pot, so I guess he has the equity he needs for his hand. And we're getting about 5 to 1 on a call. We are probably about 3 to 1 to win the pot, which argues for a call. At the same time, we will lose this one easily 70% of the time. It really does depend on these guys' ranges. That goofy raise usually represents a super strong range (like AK, QQ+) and unless I know that this player would play other hands that way my hand is so crushed here. I was very surprised to see how wide their ranges were here, and if you knew that going in, it's a call.

As for the hands you're posting I think you should post more different situations. Not just short-stacked. You seem to be getting short-stacked a lot so you're probably not playing enough hands. Or you are and you're playing them too passively/nittily.

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 03:27 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
Your mistake Barry is simple...you are not called vj4p. If he calls allin in this spot he wins.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com