Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Played right?

Old
Played right? - Tue Jun 28, 2011, 04:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
ChromeStar
early in the tourney,good players at table,was priced in to call,and hit,was the hand plyed correctly?PokerStars Game #63888975778: Tournament #397948294, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2011/06/29 5:16:07 NZT [2011/06/28 13:16:07 ET]
Table '397948294 5' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: rimdash (3530 in chips)
Seat 2: CJDeuce (1540 in chips)
Seat 3: Juno_Junoson (1450 in chips)
Seat 4: varaviper (1425 in chips)
Seat 5: anniestacks (1460 in chips)
Seat 6: trashkan66 (3040 in chips)
Seat 7: BARRYDOGG378 (1060 in chips)
Seat 8: Jean-Pierrre (1470 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: razorcro (1430 in chips)
anniestacks: posts small blind 15
trashkan66: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BARRYDOGG378 [3c 3d]
BARRYDOGG378: calls 30
Jean-Pierrre: folds
razorcro: calls 30
rimdash: raises 30 to 60
CJDeuce: folds
Juno_Junoson: folds
varaviper: folds
anniestacks: folds
trashkan66: calls 30
BARRYDOGG378: calls 30
razorcro: calls 30
*** FLOP *** [Kd 3s Qh]
trashkan66: checks
BARRYDOGG378: bets 120
razorcro: folds
rimdash: calls 120
trashkan66: folds
*** TURN *** [Kd 3s Qh] [Th]
BARRYDOGG378: bets 880 and is all-in
rimdash: calls 880
*** RIVER *** [Kd 3s Qh Th] [7s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BARRYDOGG378: shows [3c 3d] (three of a kind, Threes)
rimdash: shows [Jc Jd] (a pair of Jacks)
BARRYDOGG378 collected 2255 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2255 | Rake 0
Board [Kd 3s Qh Th 7s]
Seat 1: rimdash showed [Jc Jd] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 2: CJDeuce folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Juno_Junoson folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: varaviper (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: anniestacks (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: trashkan66 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 7: BARRYDOGG378 showed [3c 3d] and won (2255) with three of a kind, Threes
Seat 8: Jean-Pierrre folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: razorcro folded on the Flop

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 04:52 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
I despise open limping UTG. Raise or fold, depending on blinds and table dynamic.

You played it well after that though.

Old
Yeah - Tue Jun 28, 2011, 05:01 PM
(#3)
ChromeStar
My email address didnt appear,cool mightnt be kicked out now,DOGG GONE IT,DOGG GONE

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
That dude's minraise is super retarded.

Anyhow, limping with 33 is okay, though I'd prefer a raise. Raising is very deceptive as it usually means big cards, and if you hit your set no one will know what hit them. Also being out of position in a big multiway pot can be pretty annoying. Whether limping is a good idea here compared to raising or even folding depends on the nature of the players at your table.

Flop: You hit your set and the pot is 4-way. AND it has some cards likely to hit the other callers' ranges, but never as hard as your own. The minraiser could possibly have KK here, but no one else will. You must bet for value as this is the kind of flop that will likely get checked around, but someone HAS to have a piece of. 120 is a little on the small end, but it may be enough to induce a raise from two pair or an overpair. I'd probably aim for a 150 value bet.

Turn: Hmm. Well, AJ got there and KJ hearts has a heck of a draw. Honestly there aren't too many flush draws you need to worry about here. This is an excellent card! I love the shove! You can get called super wide by people who won't believe your 2 x pot shove is for real. They'll put you on a flush draw a lot or a hand like JT. Plus, even if you get called by AJ you have boat outs. At this level a lot of people will play AA or two pair like it's the nuts. His call with JJ is not horrible. Much better than calling with AA as he's open ended at least.

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I don't mind the limp with 33 preflop, but since it's early I'd prefer to raise to 90 since it won't cost much more and may get some marginal hands to fold. What I'd have done was to bet more on the flop. There are 2 cards to a broadway straight on the board and this early in a tourney, there are lots of people playing that will try to chase it. Make them pay for it on the flop with a pot-sized bet.
Then, on the turn, that 10 would actually be a big scare card for me, as that hits a broadway straight for AJ (which one of them could easily have). If you were going to push, I'd have done it on the flop and not the turn. When you pushed, there could have very easily been hands out there that are already way ahead of you (AJ or 89).. plus the flush draw.

Yes, you won the hand, but I think there are better ways to play it than pushing where you could easily be beat.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com