Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

KJs resteal shove.

Old
KJs resteal shove. - Tue Jun 28, 2011, 08:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 08:12 PM
(#2)
I'm at the final table of a 27 player, 7$ tournament. xkokokcx is a LAG type player who raises first in 30% of hands. He just keeps stealing my blind, which I find really irritating. The blinds just increased to 150/300 ante 25, I have about 15BB. I figured that this was a good re-steal hand, so I just shoved it all in. How do you generally defend your blinds against an opponent who keeps stealing your blinds and you have about a 20bb stack? I'll post his hand after I receive your reply's.

Old
Tue Jun 28, 2011, 08:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Looks good to me. Can also add a lot of small pairs and suited connectors and gappers 67 or larger as well as suited aces, offsuit aces and suited kings since they will usually at least have an overcard even if you get called by a big pair. With a really good read you could have ATC though.

Old
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 02:37 AM
(#4)
If he loos and agressive why wouldnt you think that he would call? Anyways If I was in your spot and your on the final table Id either call to see the flop or fold. You could always wait for a bigger hand then kj suited to shove on him because its not a guarentee that your ahead.

Old
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 02:40 AM
(#5)
If he keeps stealing your blinds and you want to defend them just have patience eventually you will catch him with a big hand or someone else will and you wont have to worry about him stealing your blinds. Anyways you still have a good enough stack to wait for a while.

Old
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 02:10 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstar671 View Post
If he keeps stealing your blinds and you want to defend them just have patience eventually you will catch him with a big hand or someone else will and you wont have to worry about him stealing your blinds. Anyways you still have a good enough stack to wait for a while.
I agree. The way to deal with that sort of player is to let him have them... until you get a good hand, then he'll double you. do that a time or two and he'll either be out of chips or stop doing it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com