Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Full Tilt Poker Licence Suspended... what Next ?

Old
Full Tilt Poker Licence Suspended... what Next ? - Wed Jun 29, 2011, 12:53 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
So earlier today Full Tilt Poker had there licence suspended.

Is this the end ?

It seems so after all the articles i have read, the radio show i have been listening too for the past 3 hours and the other chat on the grapevine.

Phil Ivey filing a lawsuit against Full Tilt immediately and calling them thieves..

It also seems that Full Tilt have no funds, this is basically what they are saying but everyone is saying this is clearly untrue and they simply dare not admit where there funds are held... That is the true fact of the matter...

They were given permission too pay out US Players and did not do it ??

Why we ask, simply because there money is tied up somewhere else, i believe this is a huge fraud case and we probably wont get the full facts for months, but i think as well as every person i have heard today speak about the situation that nobody is getting any money back. period.

And this is definately the end of Full Tilt Poker there is no doubts it seems now.

Maybe there software will get re skinned and re-branded and there database will most likely be sold for millions but one thing is sure this has left a bitter taste in my mouth and millions of others regarding the big names of online poker.

Me personally am gonna simply put my funds into 888.com as it is uk based and i know there a great company and run legitimately plus there making great strides with everything there doing.

If any other people here have money tied up within full tilt poker what is your verdict on things ?

thanks

mafia

Old
Full Tilt License Suspended - Wed Jun 29, 2011, 01:15 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
PokerStars' online gaming license is unchanged, and player funds are
completely safe and unaffected by today's news.

STATEMENT FROM POKERSTARS

DOUGLAS, ISLE OF MAN – JUNE 29 – In light of today’s news that Alderney Gambling Control Commission has suspended Full Tilt Poker’s license, PokerStars wishes to assure our customers that their funds are completely safe and that our operations are completely unaffected. The Isle of Man Gaming Commission today re-affirmed that PokerStars' worldwide licensing is intact and that our operations are in full compliance with all of its requirements. PokerStars' online operations continue as normal and all funds in players’ accounts are safe and available for withdrawal as usual with no delays.

PokerStars also remains in full compliance with our licenses in other jurisdictions where we are regulated, including France, Italy and Estonia.

As provided under our licensing, PokerStars has always maintained the integrity and security of our players’ funds, by keeping all such funds in segregated bank accounts, always available for immediate withdrawal.

Since the actions of US Department of Justice in April, we have returned more than $120 million to US players and continue to act upon requests as they are received. Players outside the US have not been affected and all cash-outs have been processed without delays. Further, PokerStars entered into an agreement with the Department of Justice which expressly confirmed the company’s ability to operate outside the US.

We will continue to operate as a responsible corporate citizen and are committed to serving the needs of our customers in complete compliance with our regulatory requirements.

For further information please contact press@pokerstars.com.

Regards

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Old
Full Tilt Shut License suspended. - Wed Jun 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
There is already an existing thread on this subject so if our members can just use the one thread it will make it easier for us to monitor.

Full Tilt License Suspended

Also there is a latest news item where you can read the PokerStars Statement

Regards

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Last edited by PSO Admin; Wed Jun 29, 2011 at 02:01 PM..

Old
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 02:25 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO Admin View Post
There is already an existing thread on this subject so if our members can just use the one thread it will make it easier for us to monitor.

Full Tilt License Suspended

Also there is a latest news item where you can read the PokerStars Statement

Regards
This is a seperate thread with my personal views, and things i have heard, with all the best regards i'll use my thread, and have no interest in the pokerstars announcement i personally find it very arrogant of pokerstars too post such an article so quickly.

Old
Wed Jun 29, 2011, 04:45 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
** closed **

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com