Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

new open league sucks !!

Old
new open league sucks !! - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 02:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
and i thought i had everything figured out to win the league... haha.

anyway, my first game i busted out with QQ against J5s after i waited like 20 mins for the allin madness to stop and becoming a short stake at the table, in the old league you had to only deal with 4 or 5 "new" players at the table who donk their hands and flop the nuts when they should be screwed, now you have the whole table donking their hands and flopping the nuts..

PS folks really showed me either they are not able to come up with something smart and enjoyable in which you can "learn" something or they dont care about this thing they call "pokerschool" league that they turned into a donking frenzy league.

good luck for those who had hopes for this new league, and thank you PS for ruining it.

Last edited by curvyroads; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 02:12 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm not going to flip out after one tourny, but I will admit it did suck seeing 4-5 calls on my ak shove lol.

Let's give it a chance and see how it feels a week or two in. Only have to survive one "Special Month" before the leagues are tiered off to premier.

Prop bets on how many of us end up with grey hair by the end of this month ?

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:32 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
OMFG. Let me say that again. OMFG.

I stayed up (almost 8.30am and still in) for this as it was the first game of a new era. My main point of interest was whether I would witness a walk. Well, as it turns out after two and a half hours I can't remember a single hand where less than four players went to the flop. The craziest game I've ever witnessed.

It's poker Jim, but not as we know it

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:26 AM
(#4)
It should be renamed in "worse then facebook freeroll league"...
This format of league really suck!!

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:49 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvyroads View Post
good luck for those who had hopes for this new league, and thank you PS for ruining it.
+1000

Definitely sucks.

Old
hahaha - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:56 AM
(#6)
hahaha check out my second bust out

** Unallowed links deleted **

if i was deeper i would have folded the set, but since we were at the early stage (20 mins and already 4K players busted out) i thought if a miracle happened and my set holds i would win a juicy pot to start the grind ... but it wasnt the case as usual...

anyone having any success with this crap ?

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Tue Jul 05, 2011 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Removed links

Old
Red face
wich one - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 06:06 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
I'm not going to flip out after one tourny, but I will admit it did suck seeing 4-5 calls on my ak shove lol.

Let's give it a chance and see how it feels a week or two in. Only have to survive one "Special Month" before the leagues are tiered off to premier.

Prop bets on how many of us end up with grey hair by the end of this month ?

June was my first month in because the dutch PSO somehow didn't participated in the tours, i finaly found somthing i like and finished after a week of play in the league around place 400 so i earned 5 bucks so i think( didn't see it yet so can anybody tell me how long it takes??)

now i sucked out my first new tour with 99 because of a mistake, maybe caused by all the madness i witnessed in the first 30 minutes never the less it was my own mistake

but now i am curious wich month they take to let u go trough to the premier because i was a 1650+ but now we have over 3000 entrants and topcards can let u suckout before u see 2999

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 06:16 AM
(#8)
This current month is the 1st determining factor to premier league. Last month, the only thing that mattered was collecting the desired vpp for highest payouts ie 20/150 I believe.

This hand replay should give you an idea of what to expect in this new league

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=89FB34099C

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 06:23 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 06:19 AM
(#9)
Since: May 2011
so sick

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:37 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
This current month is the 1st determining factor to premier league. Last month, the only thing that mattered was collecting the desired vpp for highest payouts ie 20/150 I believe.

This hand replay should give you an idea of what to expect in this new league

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=89FB34099C

What the ??? I watched the hand replayer and couldn't believe my eyes, I had to watch it again. I still couldn't believe it. I found a "PokerSchool Skill League" game running, so I checked it out. Tourney 409 510 285:

7126 entrants, at 2nd break after 2 hours of play, 328 left. Only 90 places paid. This is nuts. NVTS nuts! I don't recall who said the league would be like the Hubble freeroll, but I think they are right. I'm going to have to check out a couple more games from the start, but if it is like I think it is going to be....I'm probably going to be baffled and bewildered....and not miss PSO so much after all.

OK, I watched a little more of this game, and the positive side for those who don't like a lot of chat or stix & stones fests, I saw very little chat, only 7 tables...and of those, 2 were speaking in russian and 1 had english speaking players asking russians to use english at the table. Also saw a lot of multiple all ins with big stacked players.

I'm going to have to check out the scoring system again to see how much that has changed. I think after taking the new MTT course and quiz, specifically the different playing strategies between PSO tourneys and regular tourneys, all of that no longer applies and just got tossed out the window. I don't know, maybe it's just me, I'm tired, been up all night, couldn't sleep.

I'm just wondering, were these changes made to make up the difference in the number of entrants after Black Friday? With all the American players out, the field dropped from about 1500-1600 down to 300-500. How does the saying go? If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullchit....well, I'm feeling pretty baffled right now.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:53 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
in the second july tourney, 7126 entrys, should pay 1080, 1st place 15% is $1.50
not $5.22 as it shows, and not 90 players paid.
Fix the errors programmers.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:20 AM
(#12)
Hey gang, just want to throw a possibility out there. The pso will likely be increasing the itm places and the prize pool. All records will be kept and changes will be made if and when they make this decision. My recommendation is to play your best.
I know it is tough not knowing where the bubble is, but just try to do your best and place the highest that you can. This type of thing came up before with not having enough places itm and it was resolved. There is no doubt it will take a little time to get things smoothed out, so I write this without any more knowledge than any of you, just to encourage you to give it time and to do your best.
As for the level of play, we all had a feeling that things would change dramatically with it being a freeroll now. Again, play your best because you just don't know how points are going to accumulate for the leaders. I don't think the scores will be nearly as high as they were in previous months. Just my opinions here.

Old
new formatted league - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:59 AM
(#13)
Where have all these players come from ?

Just registered for my first game of the month and nearly 7000 in it ? whats all that about ?

from what ive read its been like a bingo frenzy

mikeboyH

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:59 AM
(#14)
hi,
the problem is not with the field size or the payout, its with the bad players winning the pots with trash hands that has drastically increased

Old
almost 10000 - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 09:09 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
it's like an east europe invasion in this tournament, damned hey this ain't fun i have to sit for hours watching idots play bingo.

not that i am the best player but this realy sucks

Old
Open Leauge - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 09:43 AM
(#16)
Wow almost 10,000 players, and it not the same as b4 so i'll have to adjust my game plan now because of it. Oh boy there is lot of FISHES playing like a dead zombies out there, I better get my fishing box out for the fishing season. Gonna catch lot of those fishes out there. PS this was my first tourney bust out around 4,200 something like that . Geeeeeeee not happy about that one being out already. I'm not to worry about it, and beside that i'll have to wait for a week or two b4 if i like it or not....Old schooler don't give up yet keep hanging in there !!

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 09:43 AM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2010
loooooool i started playing poker in--1955-- and i have never seen anything like this. it's the worst poker playing i have ever seen. all ins with 2or 3 callers biggest card in their hands a 9 other players going all in players CALLING with 10--2 or 7-3 or 10-5. 2-3 . but you never know it could get better OR WORSE.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 09:48 AM
(#18)
I guess it Just means there are more easy victims to pick off out there, good times ! I'm Actually looking forward to this month, I must be psycho.

Old
Angry
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 10:03 AM
(#19)
Flying out of the tourney like Bats out of a cave.

50% gone in 20 minutes and well took a few extra minutes for the next 25% to exit.

Swoosh Swoosh
Well, I see approximately 75% of the field gone within 45 minutes of this tourney.
Break time and and out of 9945 entries there is 2020 left, lol

I am kind of enjoying watching this and making notes, I have not seen anything
quite like this before, but I have not played many of the big Freerolls.

I think it is a hoot, and I am enjoying it also,
lol

Last edited by Razzys; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: Grammar in case Taz is watching :)

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 10:04 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
looks like it turned into a hubble, but with a much bigger prize at the end... good luck peeps, ot looks like you will need it lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com