Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

new PSO Skill League

Old
Angry
new PSO Skill League - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:08 AM
(#1)
purpursky's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 15
Hello everybody.

Am I the only one who thinks new league is ? :

Recieved warning, edited.

Last edited by purpursky; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Recieved warning for this post
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:16 AM
(#2)
mizog1357's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
I believe this league rocks now, someone raised me with J4, I called with A 10 and I hit an Ace on the flop, he went all in with nothing, I called and he made 2 pairs.
This makes it more interesting... LOL
Anyway, I guess there will be no pros in this month who will win something from the leaderboard league.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:17 AM
(#3)
FarrahnsMom's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpursky View Post
Hello everybody.

Am I the only one who thinks new league is f**ked up?
no i dont like it lol im in the 2nd one 7100 entrants 90 places paid lmao i think maybe its time to quit and wait for a canadian league
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:26 AM
(#4)
purpursky's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizog1357 View Post
I believe this league rocks now, someone raised me with J4, I called with A 10 and I hit an Ace on the flop, he went all in with nothing, I called and he made 2 pairs.
This makes it more interesting... LOL
Anyway, I guess there will be no pros in this month who will win something from the leaderboard league.
Not interesting , people go all-in with nothing and getting lucky
Old times were good and more interesting.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:29 AM
(#5)
purpursky's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
no i dont like it lol im in the 2nd one 7100 entrants 90 places paid lmao i think maybe its time to quit and wait for a canadian league
lol yeah, itm structure sux.. but I didn't get it, why in the tourney around 4000 ppl pays 135 place, this one 90 ?
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:34 AM
(#6)
mizog1357's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpursky View Post
lol yeah, itm structure sux.. but I didn't get it, why in the tourney around 4000 ppl pays 135 place, this one 90 ?
LOL, I thought about the same thing.
I wonder how the league prizes structure will be.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 06:39 AM
(#7)
Alfranco's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 38
Tourney I entered had 7,126 entries, although only top 90 cashed it was "hand for hand" when 1,080 players were left in......cant wait to see how many points I get for finishing 623rd
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 06:50 AM
(#8)
IonelG56's Avatar
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 52
BronzeStar
I think the important thing now is that we finish in the top1500 to qualify for the good league next month and then we won't see so many donks and bad plays winners.
 
Old
Default
.... - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:08 AM
(#9)
ChiltonMafia's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 164
+1

Comedy League's i do not play.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:13 AM
(#10)
purpursky's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonelG56 View Post
I think the important thing now is that we finish in the top1500 to qualify for the good league next month and then we won't see so many donks and bad plays winners.
+1

Completely agree.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:19 AM
(#11)
yappay's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
i think there is a programing issue that must be resolved, then things will be sorted out.
2nd tourney 7126 players, 1080 make money. must be programing, I hope lol
 
Old
Default
in the - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:23 AM
(#12)
ronh1967's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 376
still the new league is free to enter,regardless off how many spots pay in the new league people should still look at the fact its free,as for the premier division being better poker i think it will be the same as what you see right now because alot off these bad players are gonna get in the premier division because they will play in 3tournaments or more per day on average and get more pints at the end off the month then lots off players more talented who will play in less,to end this post the new global league sounds like some micro limit mtts to me,lots off people with small payouts the only difference is the league is free!
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:30 AM
(#13)
Bones31271's Avatar
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh1967 View Post
still the new league is free to enter,regardless off how many spots pay in the new league people should still look at the fact its free,as for the premier division being better poker i think it will be the same as what you see right now because alot off these bad players are gonna get in the premier division because they will play in 3tournaments or more per day on average and get more pints at the end off the month then lots off players more talented who will play in less,to end this post the new global league sounds like some micro limit mtts to me,lots off people with small payouts the only difference is the league is free!
you're forgetting that only registered PSOers get points in these games
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:31 AM
(#14)
ChiltonMafia's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh1967 View Post
still the new league is free to enter,regardless off how many spots pay in the new league people should still look at the fact its free,as for the premier division being better poker i think it will be the same as what you see right now because alot off these bad players are gonna get in the premier division because they will play in 3tournaments or more per day on average and get more pints at the end off the month then lots off players more talented who will play in less,to end this post the new global league sounds like some micro limit mtts to me,lots off people with small payouts the only difference is the league is free!
I wish it wasnt free i wish it was $20 a month this way all you players who play simply because *ITS FREE* would keep away.

Mafia
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:37 AM
(#15)
ronh1967's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones31271 View Post
you're forgetting that only registered PSOers get points in these games
i was talking about the global league but mabe i mis understood some thing thanks for the info bones
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:47 AM
(#16)
mizog1357's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yappay View Post
i think there is a programing issue that must be resolved, then things will be sorted out.
2nd tourney 7126 players, 1080 make money. must be programing, I hope lol
well, if 1080 players get pay that means that a 10$ prizepool will split no equaly, think about it, there will be less than one cent to give to each player out of these 1080 players who get pay.

I really hope that PSO starts the premier league this month and not ruin this month with this ammount of players in each tourney.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:50 AM
(#17)
mphnascar's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 49
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiltonMafia View Post
I wish it wasnt free i wish it was $20 a month this way all you players who play simply because *ITS FREE* would keep away.

Mafia
Yeah, what he said.

I'm just imagining what the computer screens of all the BINGO players look like. Covered with a bunch of blue dauber ink? LOL.... omg I'm probably right and that's what's scary.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:58 AM
(#18)
mphnascar's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 49
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizog1357 View Post
well, if 1080 players get pay that means that a 10$ prizepool will split no equaly, think about it, there will be less than one cent to give to each player out of these 1080 players who get pay.

I really hope that PSO starts the premier league this month and not ruin this month with this ammount of players in each tourney.
LMAO!!! Yeah the $10 prize pool doesn't mean much...and you still are going to have the huge field of players going cut-throat for that meager amount. Since the league games are now posted under the Freeroll Tab, I think it's going to get worse...max number of players is 10,000...and I think it will fill to capacity just like the Hubble.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:12 AM
(#19)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Hey gang, just want to throw a possibility out there. The pso will likely be increasing the itm places and the prize pool. All records will be kept and changes will be made if and when they make this decision. My recommendation is to play your best.
I know it is tough not knowing where the bubble is, but just try to do your best and place the highest that you can. This type of thing came up before with not having enough places itm and it was resolved. There is no doubt it will take a little time to get things smoothed out, so I write this without any more knowledge than any of you, just to encourage you to give it time and to do your best.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:29 AM
(#20)
bruski44's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 16
It really should really shouldn`t be named poker school skill league. Im thinking glorified hubble shovefest would be better.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com