Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Making 150 VPP's each month

Old
Making 150 VPP's each month - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
I was wondering what are some of your strategies to earn the 150 VPP we need each month to have access to the top prizes? Preferably some of the fastest ways and with the least amount of money necessary. I mean are there some tourneys you prefer or you just play cash games and if so what stakes, and how much time do you think you have to invest to get to 150?
Honestly, I'm playing with money for only two months at pokerstars and haven't made too much VPP's in total yet, but I am willing to give it a try and see if I can make the number...
Thanks for the advice in advance.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonelG56 View Post
I was wondering what are some of your strategies to earn the 150 VPP we need each month to have access to the top prizes? Preferably some of the fastest ways and with the least amount of money necessary. I mean are there some tourneys you prefer or you just play cash games and if so what stakes, and how much time do you think you have to invest to get to 150?
Honestly, I'm playing with money for only two months at pokerstars and haven't made too much VPP's in total yet, but I am willing to give it a try and see if I can make the number...
Thanks for the advice in advance.

Obviously the higher the limit, the quicker you will accumulate vpps. However, if you have any skill in plo / plo 8 the penny tables are an insanely easy way to get your vpps. You only need approx 5 vpp per day to reach the goal, which is like 2 tables for 15-20 mins of 1c/2c plo (approx).

Keep in mind you only need to be dealt in a hand to receive the vpps, you don't need to go nuts and win them or juice up the pot yourself. If you're going for a cheap run at it, play the micros, play tight, and more than likely you'll pull off a nice little profit while you farm them too.

Also, if you are grinding the vpps on cash tables, they usually do not update until you leave the table. Just in case you're staring at your vpp count and wondering why it isn't going up ... hehehe

Best of Luck !

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 08:22 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:30 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thanks for the advice, it's very good. Currently I'm playing micro tables 1c/2c but it's going really slow: I only made something like 2VPP for 1 hour of play at 2 tables. Maybe I should choose better tables?

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Notice that sens fan suggests to play pot limit omaha. I'm not familiar with the rate in plo, but you definitely get better points there. One thing you can do, when looking at tables in the lobby, pick the ones with the highest average pot. Bigger pot = more vpps.
Also, if you can, think about multi-tabling just a bit. I never thought I'd like it, but when I tried 2, then 3..I found 4 at once had a nice feel to it, and I was able to win money on at least 3 of the 4 tables I had up most of the time. So experiment just a little, and see what suits you best.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:48 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonelG56 View Post
Thanks for the advice, it's very good. Currently I'm playing micro tables 1c/2c but it's going really slow: I only made something like 2VPP for 1 hour of play at 2 tables. Maybe I should choose better tables?
Yes, as Dan pointed out I was using the Pot Limit Omaha game as an example. Not everybody is comfortable with this game but if you can pull it off it is excellent for the Vpp's. Holdem will definitely take you longer.

As an example from pokerstars vpp page for silverstar access: http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/silver/

To achieve:

750 Vpp's @ No Limit Holdem 1c/2c it would take you 31k hands per month approximately.
Considering we only need 150, that would be 6,200 per month.

750 Vpp's @ Pot Limit Omaha 1c/2c it would take you 23k hands per month approximately.
Considering we only need 150, that would be 4,600 per month.
- With 31 days this month that averages out to about 148 PLO hands a day - Piece of cake!

Dan is bang on to stress the importance of finding juicy games with high avrg pots / vpp too.

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 08:53 AM..

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:53 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Thanks Dan and Da Sens, I saw now he was refering to pot limit Omaha. Unfortunately my Omaha game is not so good... I will increase the number of tables I play with time, and I will also try to improve my Omaha game.

Last edited by IonelG56; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 08:57 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com