Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Grats & Etiquette

Old
Grats & Etiquette - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 07:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2009
Firstly many congratulations to the league winner aktyvus and to those who placed in the money for June; job well done.

And for those, and all others competing in the league over the next couple of months good luck with the games and the enevitable adjustments. (I see there are already a few threads on the first couple of games )

Secondly on a point of etiquette, common sense and an apology...why berate players at the tables?

I'll apologise to all and sundry for losing my patience a few times this month for responding to those calling me a donk etc. However, I do not see why people do this, or what benefit they hope to achieve.

If a player is weak, note it and exploit it, similarily if they are loose-aggressive - certainly do not encourage them to amend their play to improve...these are the people that eventually feed stacks during the game. It might not be yours this game, but thank you for "taking one for the team", it will come around eventually.

Yes, it is terribly frustrating for your big pairs to lose to rags with the action all preflop but you have to want to be called with rags...don't you? Similarly if somone has drawn down repeatedly against the odds and hit slim, you wanted them to pay...hence your betting.

End of rant; again, grats to all in the money for June and good luck to those who just missed out.

z

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com