Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

What did canadians do wrong

Old
What did canadians do wrong - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 09:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
i was looking forward to the new league format.change is good,well thanks ,but i guess pokerstars doesnt realy want candians involved in the new league,like a lot of folks,i work 5 days a week,8 till 5 ,and i get home just on time for the 17:30 ,if i get held up i miss it ,but it did not happen often,and then i would play the last two 20:00 and 22:00 ,and i would be going to bed between 12 and 1.now i cannt get home for 5 and there is no more games,we can what stay up all night on weekends and play a few ,or get what 2 touneys,i spent 20 years dealing with depresion and a sleep disorder,i have agood routine now and im sleeping ,but i came to enjoy poker, and to understand the deal and have come to understand the game much better,andnow we are slapped in the face and told we are not welcome

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 09:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
We have to face facts, pokerstars is a business and right now they have to cater better towards the European majority in terms of time zones. Just another reason why we need our American buddies back online!! This isn't favouring any1 in general, more evenly spread out

Either that or we all need to start making more babies here in Canada, getting them hooked to degenerate gambling at any early age..... Who's with me !?

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 12:42 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 10:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
i cannt get home for 5 and there is no more games,
There is 1 game that starts at 21:00 EDT I know its only 1 game for you.this is the 1st month lets hope it gets better

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 10:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
i was looking forward to the new league format.change is good,well thanks ,but i guess pokerstars doesnt realy want candians involved in the new league,like a lot of folks,i work 5 days a week,8 till 5 ,and i get home just on time for the 17:30 ,if i get held up i miss it ,but it did not happen often,and then i would play the last two 20:00 and 22:00 ,and i would be going to bed between 12 and 1.now i cannt get home for 5 and there is no more games,we can what stay up all night on weekends and play a few ,or get what 2 touneys,i spent 20 years dealing with depresion and a sleep disorder,i have agood routine now and im sleeping ,but i came to enjoy poker, and to understand the deal and have come to understand the game much better,andnow we are slapped in the face and told we are not welcome
we canadians are welcome here because if we werent they know theres alot of other poker sites that welcome canadians

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 12:40 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
If we put 6 events in a 24 hour period evenly spread each 4 hours there is no advantage or disadvantage to anyone on the planet is there?

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 12:40 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:

And though you may complain about the new times, the old times weren't that good for all Canadians.....17:30 is 14:30 on the west coast, and 20:00 is 16:00 on the west coast which leaves 22:00 which is 19:00 on the west coast......although people in EST tend to forget about the rest of Canada..........

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 01:16 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgg4 View Post
And though you may complain about the new times, the old times weren't that good for all Canadians.....17:30 is 14:30 on the west coast, and 20:00 is 16:00 on the west coast which leaves 22:00 which is 19:00 on the west coast......although people in EST tend to forget about the rest of Canada..........

so very true dgg but lets not forget I hate to say this as iam canadian and I rarely complain about anything, lets face it Canada is the biggest bunch of whiners in the world Iam SO embarrassed right now, also I might add you have 4 games on saturday, 4 games on Sunday, 5 games a week so thats roughly 52 games a month times say 15 points a game works out to a 2280 point finish!

Last edited by Bones31271; Sat Jul 02, 2011 at 01:20 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 01:32 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones31271 View Post
so very true dgg but lets not forget I hate to say this as iam canadian and I rarely complain about anything, lets face it Canada is the biggest bunch of whiners in the world Iam SO embarrassed right now, also I might add you have 4 games on saturday, 4 games on Sunday, 5 games a week so thats roughly 52 games a month times say 15 points a game works out to a 2280 point finish!
Where did you get to that point?
Remember that Canadians are a big chunk of the League before we merged.
Pretty harsh to call Canadians whiners,have some pride man!

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 01:41 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Where did you get to that point?
Remember that Canadians are a big chunk of the League before we merged.
Pretty harsh to call Canadians whiners,have some pride man!
where did I come to what point? and sorry I dont like whiners

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 01:48 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
To throw out a statment that all Canadians are whiners is distasteful and I think you know exactly what I am talking about.Your whole post is making a generalization about a Country that you obviously have no pride in.Simple answer to your problem,move!

My family has fought for this Country and I am tired of seeing people piss on it like it means nothing.
Sorry but your comment doesnt fly and think you will quickly find out I am not the only person that feels this way!

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#11)
Quote:
To throw out a statment that all Canadians are whiners is distasteful and I think you know exactly what I am talking about.Your whole post is making a generalization about a Country that you obviously have no pride in.Simple answer to your problem,move!

My family has fought for this Country and I am tired of seeing people piss on it like it means nothing.
Sorry but your comment doesnt fly and think you will quickly find out I am not the only person that feels this way!
ok fine, not all canadians are whiners but the majority are and my family also fought in the war but it doesnt change the fact that "most" canadians are whiners, and I do have pride in my country but its pretty lame when someone is gonna whine over a game "IT IS WHAT IT IS" deal with it and make the best of it!

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 01:55 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

+10
AND I'M NOT CANADIAN

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 02:03 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I agree, as a Canadian living in the states STFU stop with the lack of pride in country. My parents came to Canada because it was Canadian soldiers who fought and died to liberate their village in WW2.Even though I am in the USA I am and always will be a Canadian, and will always show pride and respect for my country

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 02:04 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:

Believe me i understand, the times are just the beginning of this ridiculous setup. You think they would of asked us a bit about how they were setting it up since we are the ones playing in it.

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 02:07 PM
(#15)
its got nothing to do with the country its SOME people IN the country!!!! MAN UP stop being a baby and that is to the whiners not to ISee or Roomik Iam just saying to the whiners man up, it seems they had NO problem whatsover with the times when they were allowed to play and other country time zones werent allowed to play and now all of a sudden its "WHAT DID CANADIANS DO WRONG?!?!!?!?" that is the title of this post which imho is PATHETIC go ahead ban me for my opinion but it doesnt change the title of this thread nor that someone is whining because they cant play all the games they want but had no problem when others couldnt!!!!

Last edited by Bones31271; Sat Jul 02, 2011 at 02:09 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 02:13 PM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Well for 1 I cant ban you lol. and I wouldnt anyways Thanks for the clarification.. and yes the title is stupid

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#17)
Since: Feb 2011
Reading this thread two things for me spring to mind:

1) I like Canadians

2) I too am a bit iffy with the new times (and a couple of other things, but I'll digress into them another time...).

To give you an idea, heres a list of the times (here in the UK) and why:

2AM- Short of really, really bad insomnia, I'm in bed
6AM- Same again
10AM- Believe it or not, still in bed, except when I have work, in which case I have better things to do than play poker.
2PM- Can play unless I am at work, but still early to start spending hours playing poker
6PM- Actually a good time for me to start playing poker, unless I'm at work, in which case I am literally just leaving work.
10PM- Sweet spot for me, usually have nothing better to do, short of a film on TV that I really want to watch.

I realise no matter what times PSO has the games your going to get up the nose of at least one time zone, but what I will say this: What was wrong with the old schedule? Never heard anyone complain about it. Personally, anyway.

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 04:12 PM
(#18)
Since: Mar 2009
BronzeStar
Quote:

Thank you for your reply IseeCookies

please close this post because IseeCookies just did

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2010
Wah Wah I'm a Canadian Wah Wah and proud of it!

For those complaining about the new tourney start times.
This may be good for you.
No longer will you be rushing home from work to play poker until you go to bed pissing your wife
off that you never spend time with her or do anything about the house and possibly saving your
marriage.

For others it may be bad.
Having too much time to spend with your wife causing divorce. ( Go out and clean the gutters instead.)

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 10:13 PM
(#20)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshot View Post
Wah Wah I'm a Canadian Wah Wah and proud of it!

For those complaining about the new tourney start times.
This may be good for you.
No longer will you be rushing home from work to play poker until you go to bed pissing your wife
off that you never spend time with her or do anything about the house and possibly saving your
marriage.

For others it may be bad.
Having too much time to spend with your wife causing divorce. ( Go out and clean the gutters instead.)

Well said I 'm on the verge of a divorce because of my online poker play....FML But I just have to say that " I AM A CANADIAN" n luv playn here at all times. I havent played the real late ones yet but IMO it seems pretty fair.

TANDY

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com