Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Pso staff

Old
Pso staff - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 12:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
With the times of the new league are you aware we vannot play,becuase the americans have been shut out are you now shutting us out,CANADIANS,usually when i sit at a table atleast half are canadian,why with a pokersite that runs 24 hours,do you take away our playing time,i understand adding more times for the different time zones,but how are we suposed to play,DO YOU EVEN CARE ,you send me reload specials but take away the learning fun side,want my reload atleast anwser my concerns

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 12:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
i should apologise i do see a couple of changes ,but the 1700 i cannt make home except weekends 17:30 could this not be changed to allow us candians to be able to play two a day,

i hope the americans change there position soon,guess then consideration may swing back

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 12:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
i should apologise i do see a couple of changes ,but the 1700 i cannt make home except weekends 17:30 could this not be changed to allow us candians to be able to play two a day,

i hope the americans change there position soon,guess then consideration may swing back
The tournaments are evenly spread over 24 hours. There should not be any advantage/disadvantage to anyone should there?

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:17 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
PLaws

With the loss of the US market PokerStars has lost a large chunk if not the majority of its active membership, this applies more so for PSO where without doubt the majority were US members.

For the PSO to remain viable it has to open itself to a wider "Global" market, Asia, Eastern Europe, etc. To attract this membership it has to advertise itself to those markets, by making the Open League "open" it is doing exactly that, these players may enter on the basis of it being simply a freeroll but it is hoped that they will see the potential to win additional prizes and thus join the PSO.

To spread thenet as wide as possible it is logical to space the tournaments evenly across 24 hours for maximum market penetration.

Whilst this may restrict the ability for individuals to enter the number of League tournaments they have previously been used to I would suggest that is not a bad thing, I for one would advocate a capping of the number of tournaments an individual could enter each day and also a maximum for the month, this would provide a level playing for all where results were gained by achieving quality not quantity.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
wow that guy ^^ has a pretty good idea, i like it, maybe make it so you can play a maximum of 2 a day and maybe 30 over the month

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
PLaws

With the loss of the US market PokerStars has lost a large chunk if not the majority of its active membership, this applies more so for PSO where without doubt the majority were US members.

For the PSO to remain viable it has to open itself to a wider "Global" market, Asia, Eastern Europe, etc. To attract this membership it has to advertise itself to those markets, by making the Open League "open" it is doing exactly that, these players may enter on the basis of it being simply a freeroll but it is hoped that they will see the potential to win additional prizes and thus join the PSO.

To spread thenet as wide as possible it is logical to space the tournaments evenly across 24 hours for maximum market penetration.

Whilst this may restrict the ability for individuals to enter the number of League tournaments they have previously been used to I would suggest that is not a bad thing, I for one would advocate a capping of the number of tournaments an individual could enter each day and also a maximum for the month, this would provide a level playing for all where results were gained by achieving quality not quantity.
Spot on

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:24 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
If the times were an hour later, it'd make a big difference to Canadians who could then play 2 games a day more easily.

It seems like such a small thing, but if that hour's difference makes such a difference to us Canadians, maybe it makes as much of a difference to people in other time zones (in the other direction)? Would that be the case?

I don't know ...

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:37 PM
(#8)
For me in UK there is 1 tourney per weekday that would be playable, under the old format I could occasionally get 2 in if I finished work early or was prepared to go to bed later than was sensible for my alarm clock.

Keep in mind that even in Canada, UK or anywhere there are players who due to lack of work commitments or shift work will still be able to enter more than 1, this has always been the case and there is no way of legislating fairly for every individual player in every time zone across the globe, hence the limit suggestion.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:44 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Oh, I just noticed - Europe's 6 hours ahead of Ontario's time zone, so even if Bogweed can only play one tourney a day, with the times set at 7pm and 11pm for Paris/London, a lot of Europe might be able to squeeze in 2. Whereas by moving it up to 8pm and 12pm, it might be more of a stretch?

What about moving it up a half-hour? Would that work?

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:46 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I think they should launch them every 5 minutes. That solves any time issue. Of course then you'll have people who don't multi-table complain that so and so plays 3000 tournies a month and it's not fair.

It would help with the donk-fest whining though. Due to budget constraints to launch every 5 minutes they would have to reduce the freeroll prize pool to .20c per tourney. That should cut down on the freeroll chasers, it'll fall below their radar.

Problems solved!!! lol

Last edited by TheLangolier; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 01:48 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
or run them every 3 hours? that will make 3 extra games a day

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:49 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I think they should launch them every 5 minutes. That solves any time issue. Of course then you'll have people who don't multi-table complain that so and so plays 3000 tournies a month and it's not fair.

It would help with the donk-fest whining though. Due to budget constraints to launch every 5 minutes they would have to reduce the freeroll prize pool to .20c per tourney. That should cut down on the freeroll chasers, it'll fall below their radar.

Problems solved!!! lol

lol.....lol..........hiccup..................lol

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:52 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
PLaws

Superb and well thought out post bogweed

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:55 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post

Problems solved!!! lol
Nice one Dave, better still make em every minute with a 1500 starting ante

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 02:04 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
I think Plaws' point was that, skill-sets being equal, more frequent play is rewarded in these leagues.

Hence if the members in certain time zones, due to the timing of the league games, are routinely able to play more frequently than those in other time zones, they will as a group have a tendency to do better in the league than others.

Which rewards countries rather than play.

It has yet to be seen if this will be the case or not. But there's anecdotal evidence that this could be a trend.

I guess the counterargument to that could be that the Brits/Australians, Asians have all been at a disadvantage with PSO being centered around the North American time zone until now, so it's up to Canadians to adapt, which is understandably hard to do ...

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 02:45 PM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2010
Bring your 'A"game with you whenever you decide to play and let the chips fall where they may.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:14 PM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2010
i like the max per player idea------ 50 per month any way he wants to play them. 10 days at 5 a day or 2 a day for 25 days or whatever he thinks suits him.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:21 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Here we go again. I don't like this, I don't like that, this ain't fair, that ain't fair, he's better off than I am, I want what he's got. Blah blah blah

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:23 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi128 View Post
i like the max per player idea------ 50 per month any way he wants to play them. 10 days at 5 a day or 2 a day for 25 days or whatever he thinks suits him.
+1...

Old
action - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:25 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
a few week ago ps had this action with a whole bunch of tournaments per day and i could only subcribe for 1 at the time so indeed launch them a 100 times a day and let people choose wich ones to play, make them 50 cents instead of 20 to insure not only the freeroll hunters but also the cheapshots, everybody is complaining about time zones but for me the most nice tournaments are in the middle of the night so i mostly can't play them so i was glad the saturday tours are playing earlier

i must say ps is trieing for sure thank god for that

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com