Old
Angry
10 thousand bingo game - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 01:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
this is now a donkfest with the new structure
rediculous if you ask me
i see people making the most insane calls/pushes and hoping to get lucky
i disagree with the changes. i may not continue playing anymore and just do facebook ones.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 02:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
Welcome to the new pokerschool Global SKILL League

Old
Skill League, My *** - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 02:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Open Freerolls = Worst Idea Ever!!!

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 02:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu123 View Post
Open Freerolls = Worst Idea Ever!!!
I don't think it qualifies as an idea.

MB

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 02:36 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Come on lads the skill is in beating these ATWD WIS players i no the fields are much bigger now but the ITM has got much higher with it so stop complaining and knuckle down, challenge it and improve your own skills by dodging the donks and and taking the big pots down and don't wait to long because as soon as the donks go the league will tighten up good luck

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 02:46 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
well first match with 10,000 made 8 hundreds,best hand for an hour was A K so with what i had left ,i left ,not sure what to think but will try a couple more,but it sucks now us canadians are not considered worthy anymore

welcome back hitman

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
2 hours and only made 703rd from 10,000. Twice at my table 7 people all in at the same time, hands ranged from 6-9 to k-10 ?????????????????????

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:02 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
De Hitman;286589snip
stop complaining and knuckle down, challenge it and improve your own skills by dodging the donks
snip
Voicing a valid opinion is hardly complaining.

I have been improving my game here since the new pso was launched last year. However to take the latest format seriously I would need a sleep-over and the overall amount of $ for the time taken to produce that can be made much much quicker via money table tournaments (and before I get any know-all comments - yes I do play for money and I am showing a profit thanks mainly to the people on this forum).

Dodging donks is OK but one can only dodge so many before getting nailed regardless of patience or whatever other strategy pso get the trainers (whom I don't think partake in the league themselves) to come up with.

Before this latest incarnation the league was a very useful place to practice and experiment in order to improve. PSO never seemed really bothered too much with it apart from flinging $17k a month at it (nice) and eventually getting some live training sorted (which even today is still fraught with technical issues).

PSO did not have (or did not want to have) a way to encourage those registered to actually play poker rather than bingo and used the reason "you need to know how to handle the loose players" etc. It takes about five seconds to learn how to handle such players but having to spend several hours a day with this variety rather than moving up the strategy ladder and deploying same (laying traps, looking at the multiple levels of thinking, practicing commitment strategy etc etc etc etc) just holds back the person genuinely trying to learn and improve. That is why Cowboy's Corral was such a success - members took it upon themselves to try and improve by encouraging poker rather than bingo.

That is not whining: it is a fact and shows PSO in a poor light. It reminds me of newly qualified graduates in their first job - they have the paper qualification but not the actual experience and cock up accordingly. Having said that I am not a shareholder nor a manager so I am not in the actual 'know' of what PSO expect to gain from this new structure. What I do know is I do not have the inclination to play against 9,999 others twice a day for several hours at a time. - I can use Hubble for that.

MB

Last edited by wwwMBeecouk; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 03:07 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:09 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
Come on lads the skill is in beating these ATWD WIS players i no the fields are much bigger now but the ITM has got much higher with it so stop complaining and knuckle down, challenge it and improve your own skills by dodging the donks and and taking the big pots down and don't wait to long because as soon as the donks go the league will tighten up good luck
i played 3 tournaments now and the last( the one i just got kicked off by such a fool) i was adjusted in my gameplay and suddenly anotherdonk pops up out of nowhere and kicks me on his river and send me packing with KK

this i never saw happen in the former form or at least almost never

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#10)
Played one game today, registered a few minutes late and the table I started at already had 2 players with 15-20,000 chip stacks, was lucky I got pocket Aces and managed to treble my stack but even then I only made it to about 800 as I watched huge stacks play and raise every hand...I think its going to be a long month.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
funny story had a sitter outer at my table today they did not play a single hand and they made it all the way to top 25% or just under it.....new strategy maybe......lol......good luck every1....scorp

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 04:41 PM
(#12)
Ok people I apologise If my post sounded patronising, It wasn't intended to be. I was just trying to rally a few of you into giving it another go. And i have played all 4 myself so far, so I no exactly were use are all coming from as my KKK got hammered by an all-in shove after the flop and he hit runner, runner to make the nut flush on the river busting me out in 7000 out of 9000 then the game after my AK was busted by KJ when he hit the J on the river and went out 2600 when i stood a good chance of making it to ITM points. But my point is its early doors and it will take a bit of getting you used to how it plays out over the coming days, Lets not forget its the first day and PSO will tweak it as the days draw on. And we must not forget that the goal is at the end of the month and not in the daily games were playing. we will get lucky in some and get are ar** kicked in others that's poker at this level and i for one do enjoy that challenge. Personally I do believe Pokerstars are doing a great thing here 1. they are a business at the end of the day and have to think about there own profits, and on the other hand there are massive opportunities for some of us here with little of our own money put in and big prizes at the end, Yes we do have to pay rake to achieve the big prizes but who here would open up a home game and fund it with there own money with nothing back in return. Lets give them some time to tweak the format and give them some encouraging feedback instead of sounding like were a bit ungrateful. Again I don't wont to sound patronising, but just remind some of you what we have here, as I for one was one of those Donks not so long back (Some might say i still am ) and came here and learnt how to adjust my game to run deep in MTT's now im doing it on a regular basis. I just need help with my cash games as that's were im getting hurt. But i can honestly say before i came here i was a donk who loved nothing more than going to donk-vestivals and as soon as i realized I could improve my game here, I soon changed and I believe some of the players coming here today for the first time will see what's on offer and change aswell, But if that fails then give them 10 mins 1 to 1 with some of the great players what reside here and they will deffo change, untill then lets enjoy them and try and out play there bad play. Good luck all.

Peace and out. De Hitman.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 04:47 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
well first match with 10,000 made 8 hundreds,best hand for an hour was A K so with what i had left ,i left ,not sure what to think but will try a couple more,but it sucks now us canadians are not considered worthy anymore

welcome back hitman
Thanks Plaws good luck out there m8

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
Its sort of free, its a rollacoaster that you dont want to come off, enjoy the ride and hopefully make a few $$$$$$$$

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:00 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
my last game i got donked again! the guy raised all in with A5 when i was sitting KK and the board showed something of 336 or something he had about 23k and i had 20k well away in the tour and for a few the allinns where gone so i thought finaly we can play and i hoped for the 1/16 there my stack was groing, a river ace shattered my dream!!

conclusion:
play stiff as hell for more then the firts hour and even after be very carefull what u do

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:26 PM
(#16)
This is just sick... The 'League' is now open to people that haven't even signed up on the Poker School Online/other School sites... It is a huge donk fest...

I ran into AA early on in the tournament and raised 2.5BBs in the Hijack position. The SB called. There was a pretty dry flop and he raised me all in... I called as I thought he had nothing... He had King high (with a Jack). so he needed runner runner to win, so I felt pretty smug at this point. Sure enough, Turn and river throw me a J. Nice one.

I don't think I will be getting 150 vpps per month, and I'm sure a lot of the other poker players here that only play micro stakes at PSO will be getting that many either. This is a school, remember, we aren't all high rollers that can afford to risk a lot of money per month just to get 150 vpps for the Premier leauge.. And even if we do, there are so many donks out there that will bust us with trash and we wont even make the cut off...

I think there does need to be a change to the leauge. I enjoyed the smaller games that we have had before, it was a good standard of poker and skill was needed to run deep. Now luck is just needed.

In the words of Forrest Gump; "And that's all I have to say about that."

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 05:32 PM
(#17)
Since: Mar 2011
well said could not have put it better its crazy and noone likes it now all i can suggest is joining late as poss and burning clock to max let a lot of them knock each other out and then play gl but this is a poor show

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 09:21 PM
(#18)
All horse's crap, if you ask me. I usually don't get mad when I am knocked out of tournaments.. Bu this is just silly.. My AK on the button busted by A4 UTG+1 is just ridiculous. I wont be playing again this month.. For next month, who knows?

It has been nice playing with the better players around the site. Maybe we'll meet again?

Until then, it's goodbye from me.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 09:44 PM
(#19)
Since: Sep 2010
the peanut gallary running this show has no idea what poker is or should be ....they ****ed it up royaly...go ahead ban me for swearing ..like i give a hoot

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 10:03 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Gday, I think if we all just adjust our games to this new format, we can start seeing better results…..if you can make the premier league, you will have worked hard…..my tips would be, minimise your mistakes and pick your spots well when playing aggressive.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com