Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

The "Original Drunk Tank" still going...

Old
Wink
The "Original Drunk Tank" still going... - Fri Jul 01, 2011, 06:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Hi everyone. Just want to first start off by saying a BIG THANK YOU to Effsea for allowing the US players and everyone else to keep playing int he original Drunk Tank he opened. For those of you who have been coming in and playing it's great!!! We have fun and even though we are playing for fake money, we have a blast. A bunch of us who have been playing have been trying to come up with ways to get more people out and about and into the games. We finally came up with a little friendly challenge for July and if it gets some more people to play we will continue it and try to add a few more things to add to the mix.

For July, we made up two teams who will be playing for top points and bragging rights. Anyone who has played at least two games from the prior month has been added to the teams. For those who didn't please stop in and play so you can be added into the next months Challenge.

Start Time is 10pm Eastern (for those who are usually in the game that's an hour earlier then Junes start time)
Chip Stacks: $3000
Type of Tourney: Knockout
Buy-in: $500 + $30

So here are the teams, and the few suggestions to make it fair to everyone..

The Odd Team consists of the following players:
Johnny Oak
Brkn80
JerseyRon
Effsea
Sandtrap777
Chelle867
Joker41673
I needsome$$$
Roomik17
Mphnascar
Razzys

The Even Team consists of the following players:
JWK24
Julestubby
Faery Tats
Moxie Pip
Kvance1972
BttredMdgt
GALadyluck
Joe Dawg 57
Nobisquit
Tom905
Ssuglia

This is a fun challenge and a friendly competition...NO ganging up on opposing members OR taking it easy on your own members.

Play as you normally do and at the end of the month after the final game is played the points will be tallied to see which group gets bragging rights.

Teams will be reassigned by player position and all new players who have at least 2 games in will be added to the new teams.

All odd number placements will be on the odd team and all even numbered placements will be on the even team. We will post a list of teams each month.

I will add weekly updates to this thread as to how the teams are doing.

Good luck to both teams and hope to see some new faces at the felt.

Johnny and Tits

Last edited by Faery Tats; Fri Jul 01, 2011 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: added start times and chip stacks

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Well done Tats!

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Sounds like a very good idea

I have always enjoyed the tank games, the people are great, and nobody has ever laughed at a donk move I've made. LOL( I don't know how you hold it in, but thanks). Really now, it is a great group. What makes it even more special in my opinion, is the number of Canadian players who come to the table. They could just as easily have played a cash game and made some bucks, but instead choose to hang with those of us using monopoly money. They are with us for the friendship and camaraderie. True friendship is one of the great gifts life gives us for free.

I'll try to be sitting in on as many games as I can. I miss the people and the chat. Sometimes I just can't make it or end up sitting out due to stuff going on at home. I am glad to see the buy-in amount lowered from what it used to be. I wouldn't have been able to play very many games at the bigger buy-in, but I got a generous donation from brkn80 and at least one other person. Thanks bunches, it means a lot

Wishing everyone good luck and good cards. Look forward to seeing you tonight.

Old
Fri Jul 01, 2011, 09:18 PM
(#4)
Anyone else needing a boost of play money, please don't hesitate to ask. Many of the players would be willing to help with a transfer. Thanks to brkn for helping mphnascar.

This should NOT be the reason you can't play.

Old
Standings July 1st Even Odd Challenge - Sat Jul 02, 2011, 12:12 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Well tonight was the first night of the Even Odd Challenge Tourney and it was a nice turnout. We had 8 players come out to join us and the game lasted an hour and forty two minutes.

Odd team players:
Johnny Oak - Finished 1st
Brkn80 - Finished 5th
mphnascar - Finished 3rd

Even team players:
Buttredmdgt - Finished 2nd
Faery Tats - Finished 4th
JWK24 - Finished 6th
Nobisquit - Finished 8th

Players not on teams this month but will be added next month as long as they get 2 games in for July:
EasyChips4U - Finished 7th

Odd Team Standings Points - 4.69
Even Team Standings Points - 3.31

The more people we get to play in these games the more places get awarded points. SOOOOOOO, even if your not on a team this month come out and support the team your rooting for by playing.

Thanks to all who came out tonight and see everyone tomorrow night!!!

Johnny and Tits

Old
Monthly Birthday Bash....... - Sat Jul 02, 2011, 12:45 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hey Drunk Tank members, we came up with another little twist. Once a month we are going to have a Birthday Bash game for whoever's birthday it is that month. The birthday guys and gals will have their buy-ins shipped to them prior to the game, all you have to do is come out and play with your birthday chips and party hat.

A week before the Birthday Bash I will list the names of the people celebrating for that month, if any member would like to sponsor a birthday guy or gal just PM. The night before the Bash I will list everyone who sponsored the birthday players.

Format:

NLHE Knockout
Top 20% payout
Starting Chips $5000
Buy-in: 500+125+30
Date: Second Sunday of every month
Time: 8 PM

Birthday Bash results do not apply to club standings and statistics so they will not affect the monthly challenge tournies.

All we need from you guys is the month you were born and we can get this started for this month.

January

February
1)Johnny Oak
2)Tom905

March
1)JerseyRon

April
1)Brkn80
2)Joker41673

May

June
1)Chilli2U

July
1)Faery Tats
2)kvance

August

September
1)Julestubby25
2)mtnestegg

October
1)JWK24

November

December

Johnny and Tits

Last edited by Faery Tats; Tue Jul 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Adding Birthdays

Old
This is a great idea - Sat Jul 02, 2011, 01:10 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Nice idea that you and Johnny came up with Tats. I am sorry I missed tonights game but I will try to make as many of the games as I can because I really enjoy playing with you guys and gals.

Hopefully, this will get attract more people because its always nicer to play with a full table even if its just for bragging rights and fun.

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 07:57 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
way to cool tats

hiccup

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Thanks Eff, we're trying to keep everyone together... Now you just need to come in and visit once in awhile...LOL

Tits

Old
Sat Jul 02, 2011, 01:02 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
way to cool tats

hiccup
And it's not just me Eff, it's Johnny and everyone else trying to come up with things to have fun in the club and keep it going until the US p0layers can play again.....HICCUP

Tits

Old
Drunk Tank Birthday Bash - July - Sat Jul 02, 2011, 11:18 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
NLHE Knockout
Top 20% payout
Starting Chips $5000
Buy-in: 500+125+30
Date: Second Sunday of every month
Time: 8 PM

JULY 10th @ 8pm

Birthdays being Celebrated:

Faery Tats

If there is anyone in the club who's birthday is in July please let me know so we can add you to the list so you can play the nights Birthday Bash game FREEEEEEE!!!!!

Remember, the people celebrating birthdays for the month will be sponsored by a member so they can play for FREEEEEEE!!!

If anyone would like to sponsor a member for their birthday please PM Faery Tats.

Johnny and Tits

Last edited by Faery Tats; Sat Jul 02, 2011 at 11:27 PM..

Old
July 2nd Results - Sun Jul 03, 2011, 01:47 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Results - Game 2
7 Players
2 hours 9 minutes

Odd team players:

Brkn80 - Finished 3rd
Johnny Oak - Finished 4th

Even team players:

Julestubby25 - Finished 2nd
JWK24 - Finished 5th
Faery Tats - Finished 6th
Buttredmdgt - Finished 7th

No Team:

Chilli 2 U - Finished 1st

Players not on teams this month but will be added next month as long as they get 2 games in for July:
EasyChips4U - 1
Chilli 2 U - 1

Even Team Standings Points - 6.51

The more people we get to play in these games the more places get awarded points. SOOOOOOO, even if your not on a team this month come out and support the team your rooting for by playing.

Johnny and Tits

Last edited by Faery Tats; Sun Jul 03, 2011 at 11:52 PM..

Old
Results - Game 3 July 3rd - Sun Jul 03, 2011, 11:57 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Results - Game 3
5 Players
1 hours 22 minutes

Odd team players:

Even team players:

Faery Tats - Finished 3rd
JWK24 - Finished 4th
Julestubby25 - Finished 5th

No Team:

Chilli 2 U - Finished 2nd

EasyChips4U - 1
Chilli 2 U - 2

Odd Team Standings Points - 7.69

Johnny and Tits

Last edited by Faery Tats; Tue Jul 05, 2011 at 11:30 AM..

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 01:56 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faery Tats View Post
Well tonight was the first night of the Even Odd Challenge Tourney and it was a nice turnout. We had 8 players come out to join us and the game lasted an hour and forty two minutes.

Odd team players:
Brkn80 - Finished 5th
mphnascar - Finished 3rd

Even team players:
Buttredmdgt - Finished 2nd
Faery Tats - Finished 4th
JWK24 - Finished 6th
Nobisquit - Finished 8th

EasyChips4U - Finished 7th

Even Team Standings Points - 3.31

Johnny and Tits
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

all Odd team members finished in odd places.

all Even team members finished in even places.

Coincidence?

...or is it RIGGED!!!!!

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 02:01 AM
(#15)
Post Deleted

Last edited by PlsDntBlffMe; Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 01:47 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 11:25 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsDntBlffMe View Post
Is this open to any PSO member? I'm very interested to play as it looks really fun. Pretty sure I can make it in time for the games too assuming the times listed are ET. Please PM me the Club ID and Invitation Code. Thanks
Hi Pls, I will contact Johnny so he can send you the info. We would love to have anyone who wants to play and have fun with us on board. We are a motley bunch but we DO have fun when we are playing. I think we actually learn a little bit too. As we get through the summer we are going to try and think of some other challenges and tournies that we can come up with.

While it is a play money Home Club, I think there are still ways we can get the whole real challenge feel...

Johnny and Tits

PS don't forget to PM me your birthday month so we can add you to the Birthday Bash's

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

all Odd team members finished in odd places.

all Even team members finished in even places.

Coincidence?

...or is it RIGGED!!!!!
It's absolutely rigged...LOL

We wanted to do an East meets West or US vs Canadians, just didn't have enough members playing to do it. So this was the best way to get people involved..

Tits

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 12:17 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faery Tats View Post
It's absolutely rigged...LOL

We wanted to do an East meets West or US vs Canadians, just didn't have enough members playing to do it. So this was the best way to get people involved..

Tits
Actually I wanted it to be shirts and skins, but some of the ladies balked at that.

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 11:29 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Oak View Post
Actually I wanted it to be shirts and skins, but some of the ladies balked at that.
Now, now....I would never complain about being nekkid!!!

Tits

Old
July 4th Results - Tue Jul 05, 2011, 11:35 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Results - Game 4
6 Players
4 hours 4 minutes

Odd team players:

JerseyRon - Finished 1st
Brkn80 - Finished 2nd
Johnny Oak - Finished 6th

Even team players:

Faery Tats - Finished 3rd
tom905 - Finished 4th
Julestubby25 - Finished 5th

No Team:

EasyChips4U - 1
Chilli 2 U - 2

Odd Team Standings Points - 13.69

Johnny and Tits

Last edited by Faery Tats; Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 11:17 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com