Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Why turn the pso into a 10,000 player shove n luck fest????

Old
Why turn the pso into a 10,000 player shove n luck fest???? - Sun Jul 03, 2011, 01:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
The "old" pso was a bit of a pain tbh with alot of all ins but i cant understand why pokerstars turns the pso into a "all in" with any 2 shove fest??.....I mean 10,000 players is too many for a start!...All the good players wont get chance to do well with all the jammy suck outs from the any 2, each hand donks!...Where is the skill in gloryfied bingo hoping get lucky to win the hand??....Luck is part of the game! not the point of the game! but this new pso goes against what pokerschool stands for? which seems strange?..Put 50 of pokerstars pro's in the 10k player game and see how well they do with all in every hand! LOL.

Old
Sun Jul 03, 2011, 02:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
10,000 is not that many. Ever seen the fields in the sunday millions!
With the larger fields it is much easier to get positive points and ITM.
Also with all the "extra" weak players in the field it's easier to increase your stack.

There is going to be times when your monster hand gets crushed by 7-2 off suit but the times you increase your stack without even trying will outweigh them.

Good Luck at the tables

Old
Sun Jul 03, 2011, 03:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
10k players is too many imo, however in the 2 tournies i have played today i got down to around 2500 players before i played a hand that wasn't my big blind and got Ko'd in one at 1040th.
i'm still in the other one with 642 left and i have only played 12 hands. so it is possible

finished 597th playing 13 hands

Last edited by Murdoch25; Sun Jul 03, 2011 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: put my result

Old
Sun Jul 03, 2011, 03:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
The first tourney I played this month I was a bit taken aback by the difference in structure and number of players etc but it's not so bad.

Most go out very quickly, it's no different from any other freeroll really. Guess thats what sucks about the new format but it has got a lot more people involved in the league which is a good thing for PSO in the long run, it is a business after all.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com