Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Hi guys

Old
Hi guys - Mon Jul 04, 2011, 07:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Just wanting to say hi to this community as this is my first time posting here. Anyone from 2p2 here? I used to post abit and read ALOT there lol.

Anyways while im here, quick question. On the leaderboards it says im eligable for the 150 VPP prize, except ive only earned 19 VPP so far this month (lol micros). Is this because I earned a ton of VPP last month or something? IDK how it works really. Ill probly end up shot-taking $20 husngs anyways as usual lol so w/e.

Nice to meet you all.

Oh and shipping daniel negreanu 1c doesnt make you run good, I tried it.

Shipping me $100 works though, srsly.

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widzywidzy^^ View Post
Just wanting to say hi to this community as this is my first time posting here. Anyone from 2p2 here? I used to post abit and read ALOT there lol.

Anyways while im here, quick question. On the leaderboards it says im eligable for the 150 VPP prize, except ive only earned 19 VPP so far this month (lol micros). Is this because I earned a ton of VPP last month or something? IDK how it works really. Ill probly end up shot-taking $20 husngs anyways as usual lol so w/e.

Nice to meet you all.

ON VPP'S IT'S WHAT YOU EARNED LAST MO. FOR THIS MO. LEADER BOARD
SO YOU WANT TO EARN 150 THIS MO FOR NEXT MO.

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 07:46 PM
(#3)
Oh and id also just like to add that I think you guys have put together a sick points system, it really benefits good play (and also rungood which I dont have but whatever ;D)

The only small problem I have with the tournament schedule is that there are a bit too many tournaments per day in my opinion. I mean, ofcourse it is unfair to have all tournaments for American timezones because then players from say, Russia, would have a disadvantage as the tournaments wouldn't be in their timeframe and they would have to be playing at like 4am etc, but I think the current system gives extremely poker addicted players and players that have next to no social life a HUGE advantage. You're gonna get a bunch of good players who are gonna actually be very geeky and play 6 tournaments a day, then sleep for 4 hours and do the same again. Obviously the strategy for these players will be to play super tight and make sure they gain atleast a small increase in rank each tournament, meaning that if they double up once every tournament they will do insanely well. This obviously only works over a great period of time because if they play 5 or even possibly 6 tournaments per day they are playing as much as 186 tournaments a month. This removes a large portion of variance from their overall monthly playing time and they will undoubtedly do better than someone who is equally skilled and finished in roughly the same position in each tournament, but only played say, 2 tournaments per day, giving them a 62 tournament month.

Of course, this is all just random theory and everyone is entitled to use the system to their advantage as long as it is within the rules. Just pointing out a few things if anyone didnt already think about it. Im sure im not the only one who feels this way :p

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 08:05 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Oh and id also just like to add that I think you guys have put together a sick points system, it really benefits good play (and also rungood which I dont have but whatever ;D)

The only small problem I have with the tournament schedule is that there are a bit too many tournaments per day in my opinion. I mean, ofcourse it is unfair to have all tournaments for American timezones because then players from say, Russia, would have a disadvantage as the tournaments wouldn't be in their timeframe and they would have to be playing at like 4am etc, but I think the current system gives extremely poker addicted players and players that have next to no social life a HUGE advantage. You're gonna get a bunch of good players who are gonna actually be very geeky and play 6 tournaments a day, then sleep for 4 hours and do the same again. Obviously the strategy for these players will be to play super tight and make sure they gain atleast a small increase in rank each tournament, meaning that if they double up once every tournament they will do insanely well. This obviously only works over a great period of time because if they play 5 or even possibly 6 tournaments per day they are playing as much as 186 tournaments a month. This removes a large portion of variance from their overall monthly playing time and they will undoubtedly do better than someone who is equally skilled and finished in roughly the same position in each tournament, but only played say, 2 tournaments per day, giving them a 62 tournament month.

Of course, this is all just random theory and everyone is entitled to use the system to their advantage as long as it is within the rules. Just pointing out a few things if anyone didnt already think about it. Im sure im not the only one who feels this way :p
DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE CHOKE POINTS WHEN YOU GO UP THE LEADER BOARD
SO A GOOD PLAYER THAT PLAYS LESS WILL BE HIGHER THEN A MID PLAYER THAT PLAYS A LOT

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 08:49 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:

Nice to meet you all.

Thanks for the intro and welcome to the league and the forum!
You are eligible for the 150vpp prize this month. Like Dennis said, you need to earn 150 every month to remain eligible for the biggest payouts.

Quote:

Feel free to join in the discussion in the general forum and pokerschool forum. You should find a couple of threads on the subject. ....Including this one......
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE CHOKE POINTS WHEN YOU GO UP THE LEADER BOARD
SO A GOOD PLAYER THAT PLAYS LESS WILL BE HIGHER THEN A MID PLAYER THAT PLAYS A LOT

Old
Hi - Mon Jul 04, 2011, 11:39 PM
(#6)
Hi ! Nice to meet you. I am new here too. Good luck on and off the felts.

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 11:44 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by babysosoft View Post
Hi ! Nice to meet you. I am new here too. Good luck on and off the felts.
WELCOME AND NICE TO MEET YOU

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 02:29 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Post Deleted

Last edited by PlsDntBlffMe; Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 01:48 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com