Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

why so many idiots waste their time playing?

Old
Thumbs down
why so many idiots waste their time playing? - Mon Jul 04, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
I just have to vent out, i guess. I'm new to the league, and it makes me sick to my stomach to see all those stupid calls out there. It just sucks so bad and hurts the game. How can you call 1/8 of your chips against an all in with Q 5 different suits... am i missing something here?!? and end up winning the hand with a set... makes me want to barf. lol. Or people calling a 2000 raise with a 9 4 and manage to win the hand?!? just sickening. Anyways, i think i feel a bit better now.
Cheers everyone and good luck!

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 10:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
Q5o is terrible.

94o is the PStars Monkey Nutz however...

No seriously just note the idiots,keep getting it in good on them (shouldn't be hard) and abuse them as the mouth-breathing chip ATM's that they are.

Old
Mon Jul 04, 2011, 10:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Welcome to PSO. If you just joined PSO in July, you are in for a real treat.

In the good ole days, such as June, you had to be a member of PSO to play. There were about 500 people in a tourney. Sure there were a few donks, ok lots of them, but now there are millions. OK, make that thousands.

I just finished in 1224th place out of 7229. In the first hour I played 2 hands. Guy beside me went all-in on MOST hands. I won both hands I entered. First one with 72 off-suit. Yes, you read that right. In the big blind I limped in and limped to the river. Two players had big cards and caught nothing. I had a pair of sevens. In the other hand I called the all-in donk with my pocket pair of 66. It stood up against his A9 off-suit.

I am having my doubts about this new league, but will stay with it for now.

Maybe we'll meet at a table and patiently watch the donks beat each other up.

Herk

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 11:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I watched some player this morning donk his way to a massive $40K chip stack, only to blow the whole thing off in 1 hand against another player who had KK with his AQo. The donk shoved it all in, bad luck the other guy had KK. Not a good play to shove in a 40K stack with a 100K stack left to act, and the donk had at least 100 BBs.

I think the vast majority of these 10K players see these tourneys as just more astronomer freerolls but without a round 2, they can win money directly from this tourney. They probably don't know or care about the leaderboard or points or monthly prizes.

Old
wow - Fri Jul 08, 2011, 01:15 AM
(#5)
Well, my great experience continues.... something interesting happens in every tourney but, i think this one is by far the best. 10 min into the tourney tonight, i hit AKs so i taught i would raise, about 260 or so, this guy calls me... rainbow flop, so i raise agin and get called, ok.... turn card comes a K, so all in i go... only to see that i got called all that time by J7 who ended up hitting the str8!!! Great fun i tell you!!! cheers

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 04:58 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Have fun watching this one

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 06:31 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2011
if i go into my history i swear that same hand has burnt me in so many ways.... Not much you can do there other than just call or fold. (bad move).

But thats life with internet poker n freerolls

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 07:36 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2007
The only way to get points is to nit it up and slow it down and profile who you are playing against.

Even premier hands are at risk with loose callers/raisers.

I played two hands in two and a half hours: pocket Jacks and Aces and ended up finishing in the top 500.

It was boring as hell, I folded, pocket 6s, 7s, 8,s 10,s and even pocket Ks and pocket Qs. None of these hands would have won, so I am not sure if it was judgement or just luck on my part.

I would never normally play this way but if you want to accumulate points and avoid getting negative points it seems there is not much other choice. Play poker and you will be sucked out!!!

I hope this helps anyone who is struggling and wants to qualify for next month.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 07:57 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
l've been staying away from the forums lately, it tilts me at times, but anyways,

Where do you think your going to get the chips from?

Not from the good players, more donks and shove monkeys the better,

So watch your table, find the donks and shove monkey's, and double up

cheers

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 08:04 AM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2007
Thats true too Eff, (hope that you are well )

But you need to pick your spots carefully, if there are 4 0r 5 in the same hand, I am wary about getting involved, but if it is a one on one I will do my best to outplay them

I was moved 8 times today which was a bit of a pain in the bottom. I have to say things do improve as the game goes on.

TC

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 08:04 AM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
l've been staying away from the forums lately, it tilts me at times, but anyways,

cheers
Normally I wouldn't hesitate to give this opinion my 100% backing. But these are the first tournaments I've ever played where it's a better idea to target the decent players. Assuming you can find any

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 08:09 AM
(#12)
I will be running some sessions on the PSO handbook if you will moving forward in the live training. You need to understand that we are not playing these games for the tourney win we are playing as many as we can in the month for volume and we are ladder climbing so our play is quite different than a normal MTT.
On the bright side though I heard you saved a tonne of money by switching to GEICO!

Gidee Up!

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 08:35 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
I will be running some sessions on the PSO handbook if you will moving forward in the live training. You need to understand that we are not playing these games for the tourney win we are playing as many as we can in the month for volume and we are ladder climbing so our play is quite different than a normal MTT.
On the bright side though I heard you saved a tonne of money by switching to GEICO!

Gidee Up!
What do you live under a rock?

Nice job last night cowboy on the live training. Should be some valuable lessons in this subject.

Old
bad enough... - Fri Jul 08, 2011, 08:39 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_hba View Post
Have fun watching this one

well, i have to admit, this is bad enough, but at least he didn't fish for it up to the river to hit is full house.

Old
your right - Fri Jul 08, 2011, 08:51 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post

cheers

I have to agree with you, keep those shove monkeys coming, the odds are in our favor. i believe i used this to vent out a bit and have some fun hearing about similar stories.

Cheers!

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 01:39 PM
(#16)
playing in the 1pm ..i cant believe it QQvsJ2 suited yeah my queens held thats my 1st show down win for the month of july wow i have 34oo chips lmao

Old
It takes some getting used to - Fri Jul 08, 2011, 02:19 PM
(#17)
It's a freeroll. Most of the sloppy players think that if they get lucky, they can turn it into a win. They think it's all about being lucky often enough. (Like Darvin Moon -- or as I see it, Joe Cada).

I see this sort of thinking a lot in the .10 360 SnG which used to be straightforward to beat but has gotten harder now that 11% of every buy-in goes to PS.

My buddy bankrolled me with $10 late May, I gave it back to him a day later. I've been playing ever since. Roughly 300 games. I'm still hoping to win enough to allow me to make it to the bigger buy-ins where the players tend to be more rational, but it's a struggle.

It's annoying going out with a strong hand AA, KK to a bingo player. It's even more annoying in the league tourneys when it can have negative consequences. Nonetheless, I will call with AA and hope for the best. It's all you can do.

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 04:36 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkiePoker View Post
It's a freeroll. Most of the sloppy players think that if they get lucky, they can turn it into a win. They think it's all about being lucky often enough. (Like Darvin Moon -- or as I see it, Joe Cada).

I see this sort of thinking a lot in the .10 360 SnG which used to be straightforward to beat but has gotten harder now that 11% of every buy-in goes to PS.

My buddy bankrolled me with $10 late May, I gave it back to him a day later. I've been playing ever since. Roughly 300 games. I'm still hoping to win enough to allow me to make it to the bigger buy-ins where the players tend to be more rational, but it's a struggle.

It's annoying going out with a strong hand AA, KK to a bingo player. It's even more annoying in the league tourneys when it can have negative consequences. Nonetheless, I will call with AA and hope for the best. It's all you can do.
Corkie if you are in the league make sure you come in the top 1500 and have at least 20 vpps...julys league is a joke ..so if you have the above you will qualify for the augusts premier league...the poker has to get better because it can not get any worse..gl F.M.

Old
PSO skill league? - Fri Jul 08, 2011, 05:26 PM
(#19)
It's awful.No one respectcts a decent raise everyone limps in and even AA is not worth anything early on.Too many big stacks too early so skill and reads count for nothing.I'm gonna play 1 or 2 more before I decide to pull out.it's not enjoyment any more. may take my small bankroll elseware.

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 06:19 PM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
The only way to get points is to nit it up and slow it down and profile who you are playing against.

Even premier hands are at risk with loose callers/raisers.

I played two hands in two and a half hours: pocket Jacks and Aces and ended up finishing in the top 500.

It was boring as hell, I folded, pocket 6s, 7s, 8,s 10,s and even pocket Ks and pocket Qs. None of these hands would have won, so I am not sure if it was judgement or just luck on my part.

I would never normally play this way but if you want to accumulate points and avoid getting negative points it seems there is not much other choice. Play poker and you will be sucked out!!!

I hope this helps anyone who is struggling and wants to qualify for next month.

Cheers,

TC

hey TC ,i am still disapointed in the number of games i can play during the week,so i took darkmans advice and kept a positive attitude,i was at 3000s last sunday and worked up the the 6 hundreds ,its long slow and at times boring ,but slow play and when you get a chance to play a hand ,ask am i all in ,if so you double up ,i have had kk win and i have folded ,and would have lost ,its tough but i am trying ,i was going to get more vpps but i aam on a bad run,lol so i have stopped spending lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com