Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

PSO unplayable !!!!!

Old
PSO unplayable !!!!! - Tue Jul 05, 2011, 09:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
seriously PSO folks, do something about that donk 'n' win league, it's practically impossible to win a single freaking hand, i'm under 100 in the league but still it's really frustrating, there is no play at all going on there, every time i call donk allins with better hands i end up busting out, every freaking single time !!!!!!!! 7 out of 7 times, thats no variance !

** Unallowed link deleted **

SKILLS...

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Tue Jul 05, 2011 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Remove link

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 10:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
Congrats on your league position Curvyroads.

It is easy for us all to remember where we get busted out with premium hands; unfortunately we tend to forget when our premium hands have held and with your position in the League there must have been times that your hands have held.

It is hard to comment on this particular hand as you have provided no information, just a still of the result. It is certainly early in the tournament. Maybe you could post the hand history or put it into the replayer.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 10:34 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
zomg you lost as a 2-1 favorite! Outrageous! That's assuming all the chips went in preflop, which we don't know.

The complaint is so counter-productive. Whatever, the villains play is bad, K-rag from early position is bad. GET USED TO IT. You're playing in a freeroll league that has a lot of 1) newbies, 2) poor players who think they have a clue and really don't invest any time in learning or improving, 3) freeroll chasers who don't care about league ranking or good poker. All these category of player are prone to making poor plays.

Focus on the things you can control, don't waste energy on that which you can't. Work on improving your play. Learn how to protect a stack. Learn how to accumulate chips so when the inevidable bad beat comes (as if losing a 2-1 favorite is even remotely in the same zip code as bad beat), you have enough chips to survive it. Develop emotional control so a hand like this or series of hands like this don't tilt you (this one is very hard to do!).

Don't be mad at bad play, that's primarily where your chips come from. "Do something" about these bad players! I said the same thing to the floorman this weekend while playing live cash games... what I asked him to "do" was find more of them to fill the empty seats.

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 10:45 AM
(#4)
hello,

the hand was simply allin / call, that player was going all in in every hand

the problem is not that they are bad or too many, it's that they always win !!!!

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 11:17 AM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Then your problem is a figment of your imagination... they don't always win. Although when you're going through a bad run it sure can feel like it. lol

As for the hand, bad play confirmed, shoving K5o from EP on a 22 bb stack is not good. It's not as bad as it could have been (like if he limped then called off to a shove by you... at least open shoving he's leveraging fold equity and will get some better hands to fold).

Keep getting money in good, and run better.

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 11:55 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvyroads View Post
7 out of 7 times, thats no variance !
7 isn't a big enough sample size. try a few thousand.

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 12:25 PM
(#7)
Gotta agree,that's a pretty small amount of games to judge by.As The Lango said,learn to control your emotions and your game WILL improve.I found I've increased my winnings by about half by not letting the shove monkeys get to you.GL in the future!

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 12:32 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Post Deleted

Last edited by PlsDntBlffMe; Mon Apr 16, 2012 at 01:53 PM..

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 12:49 PM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvyroads View Post
7 out of 7 times, thats no variance !
Exactly what they said! 7 out of 7 times is PRECISELY varriance at work! Because it went against you, it's more noticable. This is a flaw of the human brain. We are hardwired to look for patterns, and we remember things that have a strong emotional impact. Put a tiny sample size of run-bad together with these tendancies of the human brain, and you get conclusions like the worst hand always wins, it's rigged, yada yada yada. I guarantee (unless you're extremely new to poker) that you have had equally small sample sizes of runs where your 2-1 favorites all held up. Yet this goes completely unnoticed by us because there is no emotional trama, it's simply the status quo at work... our AQs is supposed to beat K5o. So when it does, it's ho hum, next hand. When it does 10 times in a row we don't remember that it's 10 times in a row because it was always ho hum, wp sucker, next hand. When the garbage cracks us 10 times in a row however, this we remember much more vividly.

It's easy enough to break through this illusion and see reality... just start tracking every single all in preflop situation you're in, note the hands, run the equity, and note if you won or lost. It won't take long to see that sometimes the best hand wins (and sometimes YOU will get it in with the worst hand and suck out yourself).

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 01:01 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
i know what he means, its just like every other one of those weekly tourneys now, a huge donkathon, lets just go all in every hand and hope we win, sure enough theres so many of them, one of these *bleeps* win everytime

Old
Tue Jul 05, 2011, 11:11 PM
(#11)
hi,

when i said they win everytime i didnt mean one single player, i meant every one has his special time to win against u with trash hands, as for the 7/7 (bust outs) hands lost back to back with the best hand, they were all allins i called when my opponent didnt have a real hand, and where i was 2 to1 favorite minimum, i would care less if they were coin flip hands, even if it's less likely to lose 7/7 times in a coinflip.

KKvs82o, QQvsJ7s these are hands where i was like 80% favorite and i lost anyway

i raised 5BB with AA from a middle position, BU calls with 33 and UTG reraised me almost allin with 22, i called and BU went all in, UTG checked the turn and i dumped the rest of my stack...the board was 5523x, i mean common they only had 2 outs each, against the rest of deck for me and they both hit

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com