Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

stupid spammer

Old
Red face
stupid spammer - Wed Jul 06, 2011, 10:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
That's what someone called me when i mentioned the PSO website and forum in one of the games today. So I asked others and it seems a large number of people playing it don't even know what it's about, it's just another freeroll.

They'd never heard of the league (despite the name of the games) or the forum or the 44k in prizes or anything else to do with PSO!!

Seems a bit daft to have a promotion that even people playing in it don't know about.

Old
Wed Jul 06, 2011, 10:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
WHY AM I NOT SHOCKED ???

Old
Wed Jul 06, 2011, 10:40 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I told them I called support to get the break when we hit the bubble..lol

Dont bother recruiting,it will always blow up in your face.Just speaking from experience.

"Idiot so slow"
"Moron hurry up"

The funny part is these people tilt so bad when you clock it.

Old
Wed Jul 06, 2011, 11:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I told them I called support to get the break when we hit the bubble..lol

Dont bother recruiting,it will always blow up in your face.Just speaking from experience.

"Idiot so slow"
"Moron hurry up"

The funny part is these people tilt so bad when you clock it.

myself and another league member ,where getting the zzzzzzzzzzz so i said i would play slower and let hime get some rest,had aabout three or four of us slow playing ,its tough but it works
and is entertaining,i guy did nt speak english , an english site ,and the moderator tells them that this is an english site ,ummm they dont speak english ,sorry staff but was funny

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 12:34 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
myself and another league member ,where getting the zzzzzzzzzzz so i said i would play slower and let hime get some rest,had aabout three or four of us slow playing ,its tough but it works
and is entertaining,i guy did nt speak english , an english site ,and the moderator tells them that this is an english site ,ummm they dont speak english ,sorry staff but was funny
Why do so many peeps play if they are tired ?
I usually tell them to go to bed

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 06:41 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2011
LOL... seems the best way to tilt the freeroll hoppers is to play the clock on them... I did it too 3 different players last night and they all tilted within 2 hands of irratating them.

Long live the Time clock

- Good Luck and keep it fun at the felts

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 08:08 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2010
I wish I had an animated avatar
I would choose the clock off COUNTDOWN and play the little tune to go with it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2dhD9zR6hk

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 08:50 AM
(#8)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
i just give them some zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's back or else tell them that zzzzzzzzzzzz'ing aint gonna do anything to speed me up!!

and yes it is sooooo funny seeing them all tilt just because you are using your time

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 09:17 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Yes because all they are thinking is why are you delaying when only top 90 get paid? Gotta play aggresively and shove those 7-2s!!!

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 10:28 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
No wonder the US can't play anymore...EFF told us 7-2 was the bomb!!!

Tits

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 10:29 AM
(#11)
Quite funny this thread has turned into one about running the clock, up until now I have rarely done this and criticised others for doing so, I think its a bit unsporting and makes the game really boring imo and it isn't for me, usually....

But it is obvious most players in the new league really don't give a damn about playing poker and after I went out 6000ish with AA to a guy playing any 2, badly btw, and was eliminated after he sucked out a flush with his 73, I'm considering running the clock as much as poss as the vast majority are out within the first hour.

I might even sit out the first hour entirely so that I'm not tempted to get involved in hands with weak pocket pairs when I get them.

lol i feel a blog rant coming on hehe

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 10:36 AM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2011
I hear ya Varek... im new to the league and have resigned the fact that i am not going to do well this month, so I am trying to get my vpp's and get what i can out of the league. You have to find fun in it somehow, and well watching people tilt for the first hour of the tournament is quite amusing. (espessialy when it aint me )

I admit ive got into the donk battles with a couple people and my stats show it.. take the advice I keep ignoreing reread the sng course and apply that stratagy n u should do well.

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 01:00 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VareckRay View Post
That's what someone called me when i mentioned the PSO website and forum in one of the games today. So I asked others and it seems a large number of people playing it don't even know what it's about, it's just another freeroll.

They'd never heard of the league (despite the name of the games) or the forum or the 44k in prizes or anything else to do with PSO!!

Seems a bit daft to have a promotion that even people playing in it don't know about.
That's pretty common for all the promotions that go on around here, starting with the Skill League that began last year, to the different promos like the Warm Up and the Monthly $1k Added. The majority of players seem to be oblivious to what the PSO actually is. There's much more to it than just a few freerolls every day.

The message isn't getting out there as clearly and effectively as it should. Both sides of the equation seem to be failing in this regard, with PSO not delivering their message properly, and on the other side you've got an abundance of shortsighted freerollers who are looking for their next quick fix, and fail to see the bigger picture (monthly payouts, tickets, etc).

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 01:08 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VareckRay View Post
Quite funny this thread has turned into one about running the clock, up until now I have rarely done this and criticised others for doing so, I think its a bit unsporting and makes the game really boring imo and it isn't for me, usually....

But it is obvious most players in the new league really don't give a damn about playing poker and after I went out 6000ish with AA to a guy playing any 2, badly btw, and was eliminated after he sucked out a flush with his 73, I'm considering running the clock as much as poss as the vast majority are out within the first hour.

I might even sit out the first hour entirely so that I'm not tempted to get involved in hands with weak pocket pairs when I get them.

lol i feel a blog rant coming on hehe
its actually the thing to do here since over half the field is gone by the 3rd round off blinds,the pso and global league are very different and require different stratgey,in the pso the field was smaller and in my opinion with the play being tighter there was no need to run the clock since it would not garentee positive point results!in the global league players are getting eliminated at a faster rate and if you fold every hand in the first hour your garented to get in the top 25% most off the time,then after first break if you keep getting crap hands run down the clock till you reach the cutoff number with 10k entrants it 1440,iv only played 6 tournies and made positive points in all so now i say gl every one and may your pocket rockets hold

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 01:30 PM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
That's pretty common for all the promotions that go on around here, starting with the Skill League that began last year, to the different promos like the Warm Up and the Monthly $1k Added. The majority of players seem to be oblivious to what the PSO actually is. There's much more to it than just a few freerolls every day.

The message isn't getting out there as clearly and effectively as it should. Both sides of the equation seem to be failing in this regard, with PSO not delivering their message properly, and on the other side you've got an abundance of shortsighted freerollers who are looking for their next quick fix, and fail to see the bigger picture (monthly payouts, tickets, etc).
Yep. .... I can't recall the number of players that I would encounter who were clueless about so much. I would invite them to the forum and they never came...it's like they didn't want to get TOO involved, just enough to win some change here and there. And talking about pso at cash tables seemed to be fruitless..most would say "can we talk about poker?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh1967 View Post
its actually the thing to do here since over half the field is gone by the 3rd round off blinds,the pso and global league are very different and require different stratgey,in the pso the field was smaller and in my opinion with the play being tighter there was no need to run the clock since it would not garentee positive point results!in the global league players are getting eliminated at a faster rate and if you fold every hand in the first hour your garented to get in the top 25% most off the time,then after first break if you keep getting crap hands run down the clock till you reach the cutoff number with 10k entrants it 1440,iv only played 6 tournies and made positive points in all so now i say gl every one and may your pocket rockets hold
Remember when we started, those who've been here a year? Man was staff ticked about the clock running then! Staff, you must not have much hair left now!

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 01:30 PM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
and on the other side you've got an abundance of shortsighted freerollers who are looking for their next quick fix, and fail to see the bigger picture (monthly payouts, tickets, etc).
Not sure there is a bigger picture for the freeroll hoppers. The vast majority of them suck at poker. That's why they hop freerolls... if they were anywhere close to winning players they'd have a br and be playing for real money. They don't care about things like learning, strategy, and online poker schools. One would think the monthly league prize money would be a strong enticement, but that would also require them caring about things like learning and strategy.

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 07:07 PM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I'm so behind with my studies

If only people knew how helpful they were I think they'd find the time to take a break from the action

I tried telling some people about PSO too when the action was hand-for-hand and there were only 4 of us playing because of all the sitters. Because they played really well and I checked their name and noticed they weren't registered.

But I don't speak spanish, and they didn't speak english, so it kind of felt my description of 'el Global Ligue' was getting lost in translation

I guess that's kind of promising that 30,000 new people have signed up for the league since the beginning of the month. Because I was ranked 24,000+ after the first day and there were only 25,000 people at that time. So hopefully if they took the time to sign up, they'll spend some time exploring the site and what it has to offer as well

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 12:22 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Yep. .... I can't recall the number of players that I would encounter who were clueless about so much. I would invite them to the forum and they never came...it's like they didn't want to get TOO involved, just enough to win some change here and there. And talking about pso at cash tables seemed to be fruitless..most would say "can we talk about poker?"

Remember when we started, those who've been here a year? Man was staff ticked about the clock running then! Staff, you must not have much hair left now!
i sighned up in the begging but i only played once because i worked mandatory overtime all off 2010,i diddnt feel i could make 5 tournaments a month at the time so i diddnt play,i diddnt play till about feb this year

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 12:34 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh1967 View Post

Hi Ron hows things?

I tried running the clock but it really isn't for me, kinda made me more cautious all round and I finished ~2600 for -4 points. Played the next as I usually do and finished 79th so I think I'm gonna just play my usual game and just suck up the bad beats lol, I get positive points most games so am confident I can dodge most of the bullets

Did have a bit fun with a couple of guys who didn't like waiting but in the end I think it affected my game more than is worth it. I like the competive side of poker, running the clock I find mind bendingly boring, feels too much like how I used to play and even if I say it myself I'm a better player than before I joined PSO, my itm finishes on PS has risen 10% in the last couple of months with stuff I've learnt here starting to come together better (more on the other site I play on but the tourneys average only 500 entrants not 5000, big difference)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com