Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

is this good?

Old
all in with AA - Wed Jul 06, 2011, 11:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
WhiteStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=0A3C01A143

Last edited by theemathas; Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: insert attachment

Old
Wed Jul 06, 2011, 11:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
way, way, way too loose. Early in a tourney you should be playing a TON tighter. K2 off is an auto-muck from any hand other than the BB (and only see the flop from there if it's free). You do not want to be in a hand by opening the betting, by limping with absolutely nothing. Especially early in a tourney, if you wouldn't raise with the hand, then fold it.

with being in the hand, the only way you'll find out if you're ahead or not is to make a pot-sized bet since you have top pair (and are probably outkicked by someone). If anyone calls it or raises you, it's an automatic fold to any additional bet because you will not have the best hand.

Old
Wed Jul 06, 2011, 11:19 PM
(#3)
WhiteStar
sorry wrong hand posted!!

Old
Wed Jul 06, 2011, 11:25 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Not the K2o hand?

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Wed Jul 06, 2011 at 11:27 PM..

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 01:05 AM
(#5)
WhiteStar
I had aces on that hand (first hand of a sng!) and I went all-in.Is that good?

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 01:13 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Generally I'd say no, but being that it's the first hand, it's likely that someone will think you're a maniac, or they'll be loose themselves, and they'll call you. Now you just have to hope they hold.

It gets more in depth than this though. As always...it depends.

Are you first to act? In position? Do you have any stats/notes on the players left to act?

Again, generally, it's pretty wreckless, but depending on the buy-in, money paid and places, I can see mixing it up once in a while with a first hand shove of aces.

Welcome to the forum and pso!

Old
Thu Jul 07, 2011, 01:21 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Generally I'd say no, but being that it's the first hand, it's likely that someone will think you're a maniac, or they'll be loose themselves, and they'll call you. Now you just have to hope they hold.

It gets more in depth than this though. As always...it depends.

Are you first to act? In position? Do you have any stats/notes on the players left to act?

Again, generally, it's pretty wreckless, but depending on the buy-in, money paid and places, I can see mixing it up once in a while with a first hand shove of aces.

Welcome to the forum and pso!
I agree. It depends on the type of tourney and where the table is at. If multiple people are already all-in, then I'd actually consider mucking them. If you're in late position, then I'd raise and be ready to call someone else's push. The type of tourney and position and previous actions will be the key.

If it's a PSO tourney with multiple in the pot, they're headed to the muck. It's not worth the risk of getting a big negative league result.

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 08:45 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
horrible call pre, just fold pre........

and even so you should bet fold that turn card, why check? you dont have the greatest showdown value with K2 to be calling overbets on the river with lollll..........

IMO bet fold the turn, and if he calls turn then chk fold the river........

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com