Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

as per PSO Staff sticky re more hands

Old
as per PSO Staff sticky re more hands - Fri Jul 08, 2011, 03:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
This was played in the PSO Global League second hand after the first break.

I had been sat at this table from the beginning and so had the other guy salamon10.

He had played a very very wide range of openers almost atc.

A flat call was usually one Face with any other or low connecters.

I had seen him raise under the gun 5XBB with KQo and all in under the gun with JJ.

in middle to late positions he called with a single face card but raised with any two face cards unless the pot had been raised before him to 4XBB or over, and then he would call.

He seemed to have little or no idea as to what other peoples bets meant, even when he had been beaten by people a few times, he didn't seem to realise that if they bet they had something.

so with foregoing meagre info, did I play this one wrong or am I just crap, period ?

PokerStars Game #64301085754: Tournament #411630559, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2011/07/08 14:04:43 ET
Table '411630559 556' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: katyapleshu (4036 in chips)
Seat 2: lexa-33-ru (715 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 3: Amouage (1990 in chips)
Seat 4: temaiv2222 (10860 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 5: TheDre5001 (1485 in chips)
Seat 6: Bill Curran (5390 in chips)
Seat 7: vambest (810 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: salamon10 (3420 in chips)
Seat 9: Hoggel1974 (6375 in chips)
TheDre5001: posts small blind 100
Bill Curran: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Bill Curran [4c Kd]
vambest: folds
salamon10: calls 200
Hoggel1974: folds
katyapleshu: folds
lexa-33-ru: folds
Amouage: folds
temaiv2222: folds
TheDre5001: folds
Bill Curran: checks
*** FLOP *** [4s Ks Tc]
Bill Curran: checks
salamon10: bets 200
Bill Curran: raises 400 to 600
salamon10: raises 2620 to 3220 and is all-in
Bill Curran: calls 2620
*** TURN *** [4s Ks Tc] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [4s Ks Tc Th] [Ah]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Bill Curran: shows [4c Kd] (two pair, Kings and Tens)
salamon10: shows [Ac As] (a full house, Aces full of Tens)
salamon10 collected 6940 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6940 | Rake 0
Board [4s Ks Tc Th Ah]
Seat 1: katyapleshu folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: lexa-33-ru folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Amouage folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: temaiv2222 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: TheDre5001 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: Bill Curran (big blind) showed [4c Kd] and lost with two pair, Kings and Tens
Seat 7: vambest folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: salamon10 showed [Ac As] and won (6940) with a full house, Aces full of Tens
Seat 9: Hoggel1974 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 03:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
If you are in plus points, you played it fine.
If you are deeply in negative points still (you could be, depending on your score), this is too rash for a monthly league set up.

(Forgive me, Bill, since Black Friday, I have not had any real "reason" to sort thru the implications of the new scoring system, so that statement is based on pre-black friday league scoring.)

For a "normal" MTT, this is not that bad at all...

You got a guy who has shown he will play WIDE.
He gives you a free flop form the BB, and you flop 2 pair.
You TRY a more "standard" check/raise line with a hand which stands to be the best, but this player simply will not LET YOU follow a standard line; he 4Bets you all in (for about 65% of your chips or so).

You have plenty of reaosn to think your 2 pr hand is currently best here, so you have plenty of reason to call a shove. I'm sure you also recognized you MIGHT be beat here, and without the info you had about his "rash" bet patterns, you may have had reason to fold, but with that info on his rash-ness...no way.

When they went in, you were ahead, so what more do you want?

Sometimes they get lucky even when you make the right move Bill!

Good Hand.

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 03:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Thanks JD.

after the flop I thought that I had the best hand, but wanted to find out how he defined HIS hand, hence the check.

when he min bet, I THOUGHT I was in front ( as I was ) I put him on a hand similar to mine, i.e. K rag. based on his earlier betting I didn't put him on K4 or KT as I think he would have bet at least 4XBB after my check if he had either, and I think I was stretching it a bit to put him on the King to be quite honest he was more likely to have just a Ten.

when I raised and he went all in, I thought he was just trying to take the pot uncontested, as he had seen me fold to an all in, on previous hands where I had already invested in the pot.

It never for an instant entered my head that he was slow playing aces, as previous patterns indicated that he would not do this, he would either raise massively or go all in.

Fooled me BIG TIME

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 05:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
Thanks JD.

after the flop I thought that I had the best hand, but wanted to find out how he defined HIS hand, hence the check.

when he min bet, I THOUGHT I was in front ( as I was ) I put him on a hand similar to mine, i.e. K rag. based on his earlier betting I didn't put him on K4 or KT as I think he would have bet at least 4XBB after my check if he had either, and I think I was stretching it a bit to put him on the King to be quite honest he was more likely to have just a Ten.

when I raised and he went all in, I thought he was just trying to take the pot uncontested, as he had seen me fold to an all in, on previous hands where I had already invested in the pot.

It never for an instant entered my head that he was slow playing aces, as previous patterns indicated that he would not do this, he would either raise massively or go all in.

Fooled me BIG TIME
Still...

In this spot you are AHEAD of AA.

You are only worried aobut KT or a set.

Your defined range on him for this shove is so LARGE that KT or a set is a pretty tiny portion of that range.

If a large portion of the range needs to hit to catch up, and only a small portion is ahead of you, then playing for all your chips isn;t a bad thing t all in a normal MTT, or after the plus point threshold of the PSO.

So again, good call.

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:35 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
hmm well i thought you played the hand well unlucky

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:37 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
lol i just got some genious to call off my 200bb stack 4 bet shove he had 56 off and got running flush vs my AQ......hehe these sorta things happen in crapshoots like the PSO.........tourny dosnt really start until you pass the 1000 mark imo :/

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com