Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

can we get some more in put on times ,from more players

Old
can we get some more in put on times ,from more players - Fri Jul 08, 2011, 06:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
well its the first week and its tough in the new leaue ,after loosing points i got from 3000s up to 600s with one game a day ,i am giving my best at this new league and now looking at the scores ,i may break the hundreds but i am not getting enough games to do much better,i hope you can adress the time schedule ,even half hour on the 1700 to 1730

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 07:03 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
I fully understand what you are driving at but, personally, I find the new timings much better.

Like yourself I am struggling to fit games in but the new timings are giving me a better choice in the games I can play. Previously there was too many games late night or very early am for UK players I found.

I would suspect though that these timings are likely to be adjusted when the new leagues come into force next month,

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 08:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
well its the first week and its tough in the new leaue ,after loosing points i got from 3000s up to 600s with one game a day ,i am giving my best at this new league and now looking at the scores ,i may break the hundreds but i am not getting enough games to do much better,i hope you can adress the time schedule ,even half hour on the 1700 to 1730
DO YOU THINK ADJUSTING THE TIME TO FIT YOUR SCHEDULE MIGHT MESS IT UP FOR SOMEONE ELSE ??
HOW ABOUT SOMEONE THAT THE START TIME IS JUST INSIDE THERE COMFORT ZONE AND CHANGING IT WOULD MAKE THEM MISS ONE
YOU CAN HAVE SOMEONE REGISTER FOR YOU AND PLAY WHEN YOU GET HOME
MISSING THE FIRST HALF HOUR IN THIS LEAGUE IS NOT A BAD THING

GOOD LUCK

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 09:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Rather than changing times, maybe PS could limit number of games per day to 3. That way the working people would at least stand a better chance vs the die-hards.

Just thinking
Bob

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 10:28 PM
(#5)
thanks guys ,i work ,to get pennies so i can relax and spend some money here i enjoy the league ,i play and learn ,so limit to 3 ok when do i get three.i work 8 til 5 ummm so miss the 5 i get one 21:00 and if i have a bad game ,tonight i get to make it up when ,we used to get three,one change would allow me two ,and i did miss a couple of the 17:30 if i had to stay and finish a job,but thats ok life happens,

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 10:32 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
DO YOU THINK ADJUSTING THE TIME TO FIT YOUR SCHEDULE MIGHT MESS IT UP FOR SOMEONE ELSE ??
HOW ABOUT SOMEONE THAT THE START TIME IS JUST INSIDE THERE COMFORT ZONE AND CHANGING IT WOULD MAKE THEM MISS ONE
YOU CAN HAVE SOMEONE REGISTER FOR YOU AND PLAY WHEN YOU GET HOME
MISSING THE FIRST HALF HOUR IN THIS LEAGUE IS NOT A BAD THING

GOOD LUCK

i hope the us does allow there players to play again ,and sorry i am single so no i cannt get someone to start a match for me,
do you work if so you may be in the same boat as me then what will your opinion be ,adjust times for you,

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 11:03 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
i hope the us does allow there players to play again ,and sorry i am single so no i cannt get someone to start a match for me,
do you work if so you may be in the same boat as me then what will your opinion be ,adjust times for you,
YES THE U.S. WILL PLAY AGAIN. SO YOUR SINGLE AND DON'T KNOW ANYBODY WITH A COMPUTER ?? MAYBE YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GET OUT SOME.
I DO WORK I HAVE FLEXIBLE WORK HOURS. BUT IN NO WAY WOULD I EXPECT THE START TIMES TO BE CHANGED JUST FOR ME.

GOOD LUCK

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 11:22 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I'm still working on the cuckoo clock solution

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 11:30 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I'm still working on the cuckoo clock solution
TAKE AN ALARM CLOCK, REMOVE BELL, STRIKER HITS MOUSE
SELL THEM ON EBAY

Old
Fri Jul 08, 2011, 11:35 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
YES THE U.S. WILL PLAY AGAIN. SO YOUR SINGLE AND DON'T KNOW ANYBODY WITH A COMPUTER ?? MAYBE YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GET OUT SOME.
I DO WORK I HAVE FLEXIBLE WORK HOURS. BUT IN NO WAY WOULD I EXPECT THE START TIMES TO BE CHANGED JUST FOR ME.

GOOD LUCK

yes i know ppl with computers but this is my game played on my computer by me,i have played with some great ppl in the league and have learnt a lot
i want to improve my skills by sitting here and playing not registering and waiting to come on in an hour, if im in a game and i come across some top players,i want the chance to compete and learn,and yes one nite iseecookies handed me my but on a platter with an extremely well played QQ he got the trips and i had two pair ,but that defeat taught me well,the point is i would like my chance to play

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 12:01 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
yes i know ppl with computers but this is my game played on my computer by me,i have played with some great ppl in the league and have learnt a lot
i want to improve my skills by sitting here and playing not registering and waiting to come on in an hour, if im in a game and i come across some top players,i want the chance to compete and learn,and yes one nite iseecookies handed me my but on a platter with an extremely well played QQ he got the trips and i had two pair ,but that defeat taught me well,the point is i would like my chance to play
YES THAT DAMN COOKIES WILL DO THAT
DID I SAY HAVE SOMEONE PLAY FOR YOU??
FROM WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL ONLY MISS THE FIRST HALF HOUR YOU CAN STILL PLAY,
BUT IF YOUR REG. YOU CAN PLAY.
BUT THAT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE YOUR MAIN PROBLEM, HOW DOES LIMITING THE NO. OF GAMES SOMEONE CAN PLAY LET YOU PLAY MORE? I DON'T SEE ANYTHING CHANGING IN THE LEAGUE FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS SO THE BEST THING TO DO IS ADAPT TO THE SYSTEM AND DO YOUR BEST BUT TRYING TO GET THE TIMES CHANGED JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY IS STARTING TO GET OLD. IT IS WHAT IT IS GET OVER IT
AND LET THE OTHER PEOPLE PLAY AS MUCH AS THEY WANT
GOOD LUCK

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 12:14 AM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
INTRODUCING THE ALL NEW PLAWS LEAGUE

NEW TIMES
NEW DATES
NEW PLAYERS
AND ALL NEW POINT STRUCTURE

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 07:23 AM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2011
Said it before and I'll say it again....

This new PSO format is looking certain to hand the top spots to those players who can hit 3 or 4 tourneys per day - the time rich.

To go deep in any single PSO, you've got to be prepared to hand-over 5 hours of your life and to bag a decent league spot, you've got to be able/prepared to put in 10 to 15 hours per day.

It's wrong, in my view.

Maybe it could be improved if they reduced max fields to 5 or 6k players, ran the tourneys on a 3hr schedule and capped the max entries per player, per 24 hours to 2 or 3 PSO tourneys.

All I know as a 9 to 5 worker, is that to challenge the top of the league, I've pretty much got to get inside that 90 player bubble every time I play.

Last month, that could have been done with the 3 hour schedule and smaller fields. That was probably too easy - but this has gone too far in the opposite direction.

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 08:39 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
You can't make the max field 5-6k, it would be full in 2-3 minutes and mostly members would be left out. It's not enough that i can only play few tourneys a day I have to miss those too because it's full before i can click the register button?

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 08:44 AM
(#15)
Since: Sep 2010
I believe the old pso league had the same problem for anyone who did not have a lot of time to invest in it check the leaderboards back a few months other than for a select few the bottom 500 of the top 1000 usually played a lot less tourneys on average it is not about the new league the issue has always been there .I have said this before the actual tournaments are and leaderboard prizes are an opportunity to build your bankroll with no risk ...only reward ,the school and what it teaches are in the videos and lessons taught at live training .Learn to separate the two and take it for what it is worth,I myself take my 3 bucks or whatever I get hopefully more....lol and try to apply what i have learned here at the cash tables or in other tournaments for real money.gl every1....scorp

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#16)
cleaning up

Last edited by PLaws62; Mon Jul 11, 2011 at 05:25 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:46 AM
(#17)
ok i asked dont need to go on any more,here is a point ,uk has one time zone,gmt.
and i believe there is a number,europian countries that have one time zone,
canada has ten ,
i am eastern standard time southern ontario
atlantic daylight time is one hour ahead of us ,so if i lived there i would have an hour to get home and ready,and the second of the day would be at ten,so cdt gets the chance to play two
i know others are working different hours but ,most countries work a 8 hour day and free time around that,i have said my point and wanted some feed back ,i would imagine russia has multiple time zones ,and i know the us does

sorry darkman you are corect i should have said atlantic and i have corected that

Last edited by PLaws62; Mon Jul 11, 2011 at 05:34 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:49 AM
(#18)
will have to make do

Last edited by PLaws62; Mon Jul 11, 2011 at 05:26 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 12:06 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Am I being thick? Why would Central time be one hour ahead of Eastern?

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 02:00 PM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
delete

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com