Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Table Theme customization - the table?

Old
Table Theme customization - the table? - Fri Jul 08, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Currently using a basic custom interface:

I was wondering if anybody knows how to customize the actual table top and whether it is an easy process or fairly complicated.

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Sat Jul 09, 2011 at 03:04 PM..

Old
Talking
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Fri Jul 08, 2011, 09:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Shaun Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee totally Love ur Back drop for ur table . I wouldnt change a Thing : ) Hope ur well ? Good Luck on the tables and Kick some (__!__) . Gotta watch it b4 I lose my right to POST LOL

Hugs ttysoon ,

Mary

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 12:34 PM
(#3)
Doing well, thanks. Except it seems nobody knows how to change the table top image

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 01:41 PM
(#4)
there was someone who knew how and yes it was complicated and involved you going into the Pokerstars programming packets so to not lose it when you log on
that was where i ran into problems / it turns out when you run pokerstars it updates its files automatically so you lose your table and it's replaced with the standard ones

there are also about 3-5 overlays to a table the ring, the felt, the writing on the table and the seats are for sure so you need to replace each one with a new layout

needless to say after reading lots of info on how to and several failed attempts i gave up and just stuck with the simple black table

you can find my tables and more info here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...t=custom+table

Last edited by joker41673; Sat Jul 09, 2011 at 01:44 PM..

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 01:46 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
there was someone who knew how and yes it was complicated and involved you going into the Pokerstars programming packets so to not lose it when you log on
that was where i ran into problems / it turns out when you run pokerstars it updates its files automatically so you lose your table and it's replaced with the standard ones

there are also about 3-5 overlays to a table the ring, the felt, the writing on the table and the seats are for sure so you need to replace each one with a new layout

needless to say after reading lots of info on how to and several failed attempts i gave up and just stuck with the simple black table

you can find my tables and more info here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...t=custom+table

Ahhh ok thanks. I was hoping it would be as simple as Full Tilt was to modify, guess not

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 03:03 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I changed my theme to the 'Marine Theme' way back in the middle of Winter when it gets dark around 5pm and there's snow up to our knees. But I don't remember if it had any effect on stuff like player notes or whatnot - it might have, but I wasn't really playing PSO during January, February. Now I'm scared to tell you how I changed it in case something like that happens!

I think I did it under 'View', and 'Table Settings' and then picked a theme that had to be downloaded or something. And I didn't have any error messages or anything like that. Not like with some other stuff I've tried to do and had to give up on when it didn't just work like I thought it would. But I don't know about saving data or anything like that.

The table themes aren't so cute. Most of them kind of look like the defaults - I wish they had more nature scenes ... of course there's always the option of turning off the computer and going outside if I want to see a nature scene (lol!)

The default looks kind of cool with your avi! But yeah, sometimes it's fun to have something new and fresh to look at

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#7)
Themes are no sweat, but playing around with chips, tables, cards, you need to be an expert at Photoshop and at script writing. I managed to do a table and player seat, but then needed to work on the script, that's when I lost it.

There are sites that will sell (I think) or you can download some nice ones

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 08:25 PM
(#8)
this is the table i'm using now

and this is my other one

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 08:32 PM
(#9)
Very nice, remind me to check out your table next time I'm on some gud drugz

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 09:50 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post

There are sites that will sell (I think) or you can download some nice ones

Hey, neat! I'll have to look around and see what's available!!

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:46 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
Currently using a basic custom interface:

I was wondering if anybody knows how to customize the actual table top and whether it is an easy process or fairly complicated.
Oh, wow ... I didn't know there was all of this custom stuff available! Oh, neat! I remember seeing the contest with Joker's entry, but I thought you'd have to know programming to have something other than what they give us.

Found some really neat themes on the net - hope it's not hard to download.

(will go with my hat lool)

(very soothing!)

(they keep showing this movie on channel 29 in Toronto - I've seen it about 10 times!)

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 03:49 PM
(#12)
May have to pop that first one on around Christmas hehe

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com