Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

150 vpp

Old
Default
150 vpp - Sat Jul 09, 2011, 12:45 AM
(#1)
dale442's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 553
When I first heard the high dollar requirment for the premier league of a 150vpp, I thought I had no chance. Well dang if I didnt hit it in 8 days!!!! So surprised!!

Combination of a couple of marathon ring games and then, more importantly, PLO has gotten me there. And with positive cash flow as well

Now all I have to do is qualify for the premier!! Looooong month to go.

Dale
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 01:01 AM
(#2)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post
When I first heard the high dollar requirment for the premier league of a 150vpp, I thought I had no chance. Well dang if I didnt hit it in 8 days!!!! So surprised!!

Combination of a couple of marathon ring games and then, more importantly, PLO has gotten me there. And with positive cash flow as well

Now all I have to do is qualify for the premier!! Looooong month to go.

Dale
YOU MEAN AFTER ALL THE POST SAYING IT CAN'T BE DONE WITHOUT BREAKING YOUR BR AND NOW YOU SAY IT CAN BE I AM SO CONFUSED NOW
GOOD JOB HAS ANYBODY ELSE DONE THIS ??
HMMMM MAYBE THE CHANGES ARE NOT SO BAD
GOOD LUCK

 
Old
Thumbs down
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 02:07 AM
(#3)
O.Vasile's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 31
BronzeStar
Good Job...I done it 2...but losing 300 $
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 03:26 AM
(#4)
77wopke77's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 482
BronzeStar
about 150 points in 5 days costed me aboou 30 dollar!!!!
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 03:54 AM
(#5)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Vasile View Post
Good Job...I done it 2...but losing 300 $
FOR REAL IF YOU CAN'T PLAY GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE 150 VPP'S FOR A LOW AMOUNT IS IT PROFITABLE TO GET THEM???
WHEN YOU CAN EARN THEM AND NOT AT LEAST BREAK EVEN THEN YOUR NOT GOING TO WIN MUCH OF A PRIZE FROM THE LEAGUE.
THINK A LITTLE COST/ BENEFIT
GOOD LUCK


Last edited by hemetdennis; Sat Jul 09, 2011 at 05:16 AM..
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 04:46 AM
(#6)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,225
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Vasile View Post
Good Job...I done it 2...but losing 300 $
Away from cash games, that's about how much you need to stake in order to get your 150 VPP's.

So you lost everything you played?
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 08:56 AM
(#7)
KOingDonks's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 322
Got 150.24 VPPs in 7 days, but cost me $30 to get 20 VPPs, then i deposited $38, and made another 130.24VPPs now bank roll 65 cents lol, considering i got 150.24 VPPs and im doing ok in the league this month, ill try to get 50$, then in the hunt for 5000$ next month Premier league, wish me luck good ppl oh and u haters can wish me luck as well lol GL all and GL donkeys
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 08:58 AM
(#8)
Mikey_hba's Avatar
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 45
BronzeStar
Gl mohammed :d
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:30 AM
(#9)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Vasile View Post
Good Job...I done it 2...but losing 300 $
A walk through the stat sites that cannot be mentioned would suggest that you're spinning a bit of a ripping yarn.
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:39 AM
(#10)
FarrahnsMom's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 242
im taking my time its the morning of july 9th i have 85 vpps and im up 10 dollars ...shouldnt be a problem gl all F.M.
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:51 AM
(#11)
77wopke77's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 482
BronzeStar
189.64 only this month but it took my bankroll eventaly! i totaly deposited about 60 euro's and my bankroll stayed around that much, went up and down a little till suddenly out of the blue i had 3 monsterous bad beats in a row blowing my bankroll.

how ever now i can focus on getting as high as possible on the leaderboard so we can trie to do better next month
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 12:01 PM
(#12)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
189.64 only this month but it took my bankroll eventaly! i totaly deposited about 60 euro's and my bankroll stayed around that much, went up and down a little till suddenly out of the blue i had 3 monsterous bad beats in a row blowing my bankroll.

how ever now i can focus on getting as high as possible on the leaderboard so we can trie to do better next month

Not sure why getting high on the leaderboard in a freeroll league has anything to do with your bankroll management, you may need to expand on that.
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#13)
TrustySam's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,291
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Vasile View Post
Good Job...I done it 2...but losing 300 $
It's easy to lose the money and hard to make it back, isn't it?

When I first started out on PokerStars, I learned all the rules and read a couple of books and got lucky with some cards and thought maybe there was some easy money to be had. Then by the time the 'heater' cooled off, I had dug a bit of a hole for myself that compelled me to seek out all the learning resources available on PSO, and I've started to dig myself out of the hole. Took me maybe 5 hours total to dig the hole, it's taken me a couple of months to make progress digging myself out of it!

Getting there, but I'm still at the point where after a tourney, even STT's, I'm a little mentally fatigued from having to put a lot of thought into the decision-making. And multi-tabling - after an hour of that, I literally need a nap!

I guess I've decided to make turning a profit outside of PSO my primary goal with the hope that the 150VPP's'll come naturally over time when my game progresses, rather than the other way around. Although the prizes through PSO are sure enticing! It'd sure be nice to have those 150VPP's! I guess for me they'll come when they come

Tough choice to make though - the prizes sure do look nice for those with 150VPP's
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 03:44 PM
(#14)
dale442's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 553
Not sure about losing money (BR) in order to obtain the VPP's?? Seems to defeat the purpose of getting to the premier. No guaratee of getting any of your lost money back.

Dale
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 03:52 PM
(#15)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Vasile View Post
Good Job...I done it 2...but losing 300 $
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOingDonks View Post
Got 150.24 VPPs in 7 days, but cost me $30 to get 20 VPPs, then i deposited $38, and made another 130.24VPPs now bank roll 65 cents lol, considering i got 150.24 VPPs and im doing ok in the league this month, ill try to get 50$, then in the hunt for 5000$ next month Premier league, wish me luck good ppl oh and u haters can wish me luck as well lol GL all and GL donkeys
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
189.64 only this month but it took my bankroll eventaly! i totaly deposited about 60 euro's and my bankroll stayed around that much, went up and down a little till suddenly out of the blue i had 3 monsterous bad beats in a row blowing my bankroll.

how ever now i can focus on getting as high as possible on the leaderboard so we can trie to do better next month

WOW....I guess you guys have NO clue about bankroll management
You should do a bit of research on the subject. Plenty was posted in these forums. You can also do a search on the internet.

WOW....... thinking about vpp's before bankroll management

WOW..... why should I care, you're the ones feeding us......LOL
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 03:54 PM
(#16)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
WOW....I guess you guys have NO clue about bankroll management
You should do a bit of research on the subject. Plenty was posted in these forums. You can also do a search on the internet.

WOW....... thinking about vpp's before bankroll management

WOW..... why should I care, you're the ones feeding us......LOL

WOW ....... this is community
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#17)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
WOW....I guess you guys have NO clue about bankroll management
You should do a bit of research on the subject. Plenty was posted in these forums. You can also do a search on the internet.

WOW....... thinking about vpp's before bankroll management

WOW..... why should I care, you're the ones feeding us......LOL
WOW YOU MEAN THERE IS MORE TO PSO THEN THE LEAGUE

 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 04:01 PM
(#18)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
WOW ....... its not me myself I ?
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#19)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
WOW ....... this is community
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
WOW ....... its not me myself I ?
?????????
 
Old
Default
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#20)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
?????????
Nuff said
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com