Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Where did I blow it????

Old
Where did I blow it???? - Sat Jul 09, 2011, 06:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
first how do I post a replay of my hand?

The replay would be nice but this will do:

PokerStars Game #64327747366: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2011/07/09 6:05:28 ET
Table 'Suevia III' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: rotlichthary ($1.69 in chips)
Seat 3: darlingbeibe ($7.36 in chips)
Seat 4: Odin302 ($1.93 in chips)
Seat 5: WildYetty ($3.06 in chips)
Seat 6: cajabaja ($0.88 in chips)
Seat 8: SnakeUkr ($0.84 in chips)
Seat 9: PsyB69 ($2 in chips)
Kukucs Norbi will be allowed to play after the button
SnakeUkr: posts small blind $0.01
PsyB69: posts big blind $0.02
pokeroky2011: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to WildYetty [Qh As]
rotlichthary: calls $0.02
darlingbeibe: calls $0.02
Odin302: folds
WildYetty: raises $0.10 to $0.12
cajabaja: folds
SnakeUkr: folds
PsyB69: folds
rotlichthary: calls $0.10
darlingbeibe: calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [Jh Td 8d]
rotlichthary: checks
darlingbeibe: checks
WildYetty: bets $0.30
rotlichthary: calls $0.30
darlingbeibe: folds
*** TURN *** [Jh Td 8d] [9h]
rotlichthary: checks
WildYetty: bets $1.02
rotlichthary: raises $0.25 to $1.27 and is all-in
WildYetty: calls $0.25
*** RIVER *** [Jh Td 8d 9h] [3d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
rotlichthary: shows [Kd 5d] (a flush, King high)
WildYetty: shows [Qh As] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
rotlichthary collected $3.36 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3.53 | Rake $0.17
Board [Jh Td 8d 9h 3d]
Seat 2: rotlichthary showed [Kd 5d] and won ($3.36) with a flush, King high
Seat 3: darlingbeibe folded on the Flop
Seat 4: Odin302 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: WildYetty showed [Qh As] and lost with a straight, Eight to Queen
Seat 6: cajabaja (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: SnakeUkr (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: PsyB69 (big blind) folded before Flop

Did I really play this that bad?

**** the so-called winner left the table right after the hand (jack a***)

Last edited by WildYetty; Sat Jul 09, 2011 at 07:02 AM..

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 07:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey Yetty. You should put posts like this in the hand analysis under Education, were you will get a response from players there who analyse hands. And my thought is after the flop you was betting a straight draw against a possible flush draw and as the flush draw beats your straight then you should throw caution to the wind, try and keep the pot small in the future unless you have the nuts out there. remember a little win is better than a big loss.

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 08:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Don't think u played that bad and its him making THE bad call. Sorry for u hè got 2 diamonds wich made him stick. Therfore u have to keep in mind that u are beat when hè is on flush hunt and hits. But i know your feeling

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 09:24 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
You failed to take stack sizes into account when you made this play. That was your mistake. You bluffed the flop, then bluffed the turn, which might be fine if the other guy had more money to lose. Since he had an easy decision to shove on the turn and you couldn't fold, you should have expected the raise. You basically decided on the turn that ace-high would be good enough to show down, which it normally shouldn't be. Try not to bluff short stacks too hard. Also, consider toning down the c-betting in multi-way pots. It's not profitable to habitually c-bet into three or more players on the flop, although you can do it sometimes.

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 09:34 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
You failed to take stack sizes into account when you made this play. That was your mistake. You bluffed the flop, then bluffed the turn, which might be fine if the other guy had more money to lose. Since he had an easy decision to shove on the turn and you couldn't fold, you should have expected the raise. You basically decided on the turn that ace-high would be good enough to show down, which it normally shouldn't be. Try not to bluff short stacks too hard. Also, consider toning down the c-betting in multi-way pots. It's not profitable to habitually c-bet into three or more players on the flop, although you can do it sometimes.

he didn't bluff the turn

Cbet on flop was fine I guess, though pretty wet board and you are not getting many off their hands at this limit.
Turn looks pretty standard, making him pay to chase. Your equity was 75% so you're loving getting the money in all freeking day in this spot.

Remember, never focus on immediate results, but rather on how well you played it and whether it will be profitable long term. Getting your money in on this turn will definitely be profitable long term.

Sometimes you blow the hand away, sometimes it blows you

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Sat Jul 09, 2011 at 09:53 AM..

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:03 AM
(#6)
Against someone you don't have extremely specific reads on, you're absolutely wrong, Da Sens. I'll give you a minute to figure out why.

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:06 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Against someone you don't have extremely specific reads on, you're absolutely wrong, Da Sens. I'll give you a minute to figure out why.

If you're not attempting value / pricing draws on a straight like this in 2NL, fearing the K-Q then you are just a nit. Please explain yourself pp, I'll give you a minute to elaborate.

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:08 AM
(#8)
Darn it, you're right. nm

Enjoy your poker. Listen to Da Sens. He beats me at thinking.

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 10:08 AM
(#9)
lol :P

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 12:56 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2011
LOL... Thx for pointers guys.

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 12:58 PM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2010

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 01:02 PM
(#12)
lol this post made me realize how spoiled I have become with all the hand re-players out there. Analysing a hand using the old-school hand history method makes my brain hurt now.

Gj spike - You're still a ..... wait can't insult you properly here

Old
Sat Jul 09, 2011, 01:27 PM
(#13)
** Moved **

Old
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 04:29 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
played the hand fine, unlucky result

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com