Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

I am unable to see Any of the videos for the courses

Old
Question
I am unable to see Any of the videos for the courses - Sun Jul 10, 2011, 10:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
I am asking here because none of the other forums seem suitable.

I am a retired Computer Programmer, so I understand how they work and I have Flash installed which works on all other sites.

If I try to view, for example, the "Starting Hands and Position" video I get an 'Initializing' progress bar which shows roughly 50% and stays there.

For any of the courses that has a "here's some example hands" all I get is a blank space.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Maybe there is a setting that Poker Stars requires.

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 02:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I was able to play that video without trouble. My browser is Firefox 5.0. If this problem persists please contact support@pokerschoolonline.com and include a link to the page with the video.

Old
Cool
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Thanks for the reply.

I am also using FF 5.0 (well actually I'm on 6.0beta1 as of yesterday but I had the problem on 5.0 too).

Oddly enough I had spotted the link to support just before viewing your reply. I'll contact them.

Thanks again.

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 09:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Minute View Post
I am asking here because none of the other forums seem suitable.

I am a retired Computer Programmer, so I understand how they work and I have Flash installed which works on all other sites.

If I try to view, for example, the "Starting Hands and Position" video I get an 'Initializing' progress bar which shows roughly 50% and stays there.

For any of the courses that has a "here's some example hands" all I get is a blank space.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Maybe there is a setting that Poker Stars requires.
Welcome to pso and the forum Henry.
It sounds like something in your browser. I watched one last night with no problem..using google chrome.
You may want to post this question in the live training forum so that the instructors see it. They may be able to offer assistance, and should probably be made aware of issues.
If you could, post a reply after you hear from support if you are still having issues.
Let us know if you have any other questions.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com