Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

3 minutes to register, or no go.

Old
3 minutes to register, or no go. - Sun Jul 10, 2011, 01:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I am starting to get a bit pissed at the fact that this new league has over 67,000 players, and the fact that registration lasts 3 minutes because of the moronic 10,000 player limit that is put on tournies, this means that over 57,000 players have to sit out every tourney, and if you aren't right at your computer within 3 minutes of start of registration, you don't get in. It seems getting in to Skill league tournies are harder to sign up for than becoming part of the Royal family.

Staff, any way we can have a higher # of entries in tournies that are full almost every time. eg. the 9:00am,1:00pm, 5pm, or for that matter all of them. only allowing less that 1/6 of the players doesn't seem fair, I went to register for 1pm, and 3 minutes in to registration, the tourney was full.

I really figure that this thread has no chance of being paid attention to, as they have a very bad record for doing anything we say, but, feel if I just complain without asking for change is like saying I don't want Meatloaf for dinner, but you figure out what I want, so here it is.

Anyone else having a problem with this?? would like to hear, maybe enough of us we can get them to open up for greater % of players to play, and not get stuck sitting out.

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Sun Jul 10, 2011 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: last question.

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 01:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
sorry i posted a thread same problem ,if a tourney fills why not open a second

Old
3 minutes. - Sun Jul 10, 2011, 01:29 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
This is nuts, they need to open up to allow more than 1/6.7 players to play, this needs to change, as it is completely unfair, 3 minutes, when there's 160,000 + players that can actually register for the tourney, as you don't need the ticket anymore to play the "skill" freeroll if you don't pay attention to the leaderboard. so really, there's a possible 160,000 players that can register, and it's like trying to get to work on the traffic stuffed freeway, because someone said there's a $10.00 bill taped to the freeway, and 160,000 motorists are trying to find it.

This continues, and I see a lot of frustrated players leaving for the fact that they can't get registerred for tournies in their "playing time"(western world is 9 am, 1 pm, 5 pm, 9 pm.) (eastern world 1am,5 am, 9 am, 1 pm)

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#4)
the only way to avoid all the bull chit is to come in the top 1500 and have 20vpps ..august looks so good gl F.M.

Old
VPPs - Sun Jul 10, 2011, 02:51 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
need to work on VPPs, gonna see what I can amass with my small br this month, work slow, money low, so need to work on my BR first to be able to play to get VPPs(different thing completely, play for money/play for VPPs). gonna play a bit tomorrow and see if I can up my BR.

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 05:02 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
need to work on VPPs, gonna see what I can amass with my small br this month, work slow, money low, so need to work on my BR first to be able to play to get VPPs(different thing completely, play for money/play for VPPs). gonna play a bit tomorrow and see if I can up my BR.
stake very important get 20vpps you do not want to go thru anoyher month of this ...remember you need at leat 20vpps and come in the top 1500 to get in the premier league in august gl F.M.

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 05:06 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
We need that clock ticker from the Tv show 24, counting down the time until the end of month, when we move on to premier league.

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 06:31 AM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
I also have had problems with the full tables after just a few minutes. I don't think that extending the 10.000 limit is an option as a game is long enough as it is. Who knows how long will the game be if 20.000 or 30.000 register? The only solution I see is to return to the ticket sistem. I think that there will still be a good 3000-4000 players every tourney. That will also solve the donk problem to a certain extent. But hopefully I will be able to qualify for the premier league next month and all these problems will be left behind.

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 09:14 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
I am starting to get a bit pissed at the fact that this new league has over 67,000 players, and the fact that registration lasts 3 minutes because of the moronic 10,000 player limit that is put on tournies, this means that over 57,000 players have to sit out every tourney, and if you aren't right at your computer within 3 minutes of start of registration, you don't get in. It seems getting in to Skill league tournies are harder to sign up for than becoming part of the Royal family.

Staff, any way we can have a higher # of entries in tournies that are full almost every time. eg. the 9:00am,1:00pm, 5pm, or for that matter all of them. only allowing less that 1/6 of the players doesn't seem fair, I went to register for 1pm, and 3 minutes in to registration, the tourney was full.

I really figure that this thread has no chance of being paid attention to, as they have a very bad record for doing anything we say, but, feel if I just complain without asking for change is like saying I don't want Meatloaf for dinner, but you figure out what I want, so here it is.

Anyone else having a problem with this?? would like to hear, maybe enough of us we can get them to open up for greater % of players to play, and not get stuck sitting out.
You think that it is bad getting to the Lobby after registration has started only to find that it is already full ?

Try what just happened to me.

I had the Lobby open one minute prior to registration starting and ****ing Windows decides to update and automatically restart my computer, it took nearly four minutes to update and restart , and then I had to reboot PokerStars, by which time registration was full.

Getting there late is no-ones fault but your own.

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 10:28 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
if they remove the games from the regular freeroll lobby tab and place then in the "private" tab
this will decrease traffic a little and at least should allow for greater registration times

other than that the games are crapshoots so the registration process might as well be also

Old
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 05:04 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
I had the Lobby open one minute prior to registration starting and ****ing Windows decides to update and automatically restart my computer, it took nearly four minutes to update and restart , and then I had to reboot PokerStars, by which time registration was full.

Very true.

You should maybe change your update schedule for Windows if you don't want to be frustrated by this in future.

FYI: Microsoft releases it's critical and important security updates on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.

Set your updates to "weekly" on Tuesday's at say 3am and leave your PC on overnight on the night in question (2nd Tuesday of the month). That way, you'll never be inconvenienced by them again while you're waiting for PSO registration to open.

Old
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 07:55 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
You think that it is bad getting to the Lobby after registration has started only to find that it is already full ?

Try what just happened to me.

I HAVE MINE SET TO DO UPDATES WHEN I SHUT DOWN
NEVER A PROBLEM
GOOD LUCK

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 09:42 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
You could always use WINE and Linux

Old
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 11:17 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Do you not think there's already been too much wine around here lately?

Old
Fri Jul 22, 2011, 10:03 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Do you not think there's already been too much wine around here lately?

I'm just waiting for Roomi or Sensi to start slapping some big ol' piece of ugly cheese pic to go with those...or an ugly Packers fan...I guess that is any Packers fan.

Old
Fri Jul 22, 2011, 11:39 AM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post

I'm just waiting for Roomi or Sensi to start slapping some big ol' piece of ugly cheese pic to go with those...or an ugly Packers fan...I guess that is any Packers fan.
How very dare you!

Old
Fri Jul 22, 2011, 11:59 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Minute View Post
How very dare you!
Have you been to Wisconsin?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com