Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

4TH Hand of PSO Tourney

Old
4TH Hand of PSO Tourney - Sun Jul 10, 2011, 08:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
I believe my actions in this hand secured my 502 finish in a 10K field
This was the 4th hand dealt to me
After some delibiration I acted in my best interests I think

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 08:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
Indeed Spike and so glad to see that you are doing so well in the League. Keep it up man!!!

And I might add that a top 300 finish in a field of 10,000 at the beginning of the month was worth around 60 points, and yet for anyone in the top 50 a similar finish is still worth 44 points at this moment in time. Anyone's talk of a throttle, or a choke, is really misguided!! Just keep finishing in the top 500 Spike as I know that you are more than capable of doing.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Indeed Spike and so glad to see that you are doing so well in the League. Keep it up man!!!

And I might add that a top 300 finish in a field of 10,000 at the beginning of the month was worth around 60 points, and yet for anyone in the top 50 a similar finish is still worth 44 points at this moment in time. Anyone's talk of a throttle, or a choke, is really misguided!! Just keep finishing in the top 500 Spike as I know that you are more than capable of doing.

Cheers,

TC
I'll keep trying

Thanks TC

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 08:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
since the 4th hand and you're playing bingo... I agree that you made the right move by folding. Way too costly if you lose it, compared to the gain.

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 08:44 PM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2010
That's Smooth Spike - but not as good as your position - i had a smile on my face when i saw u had knocked dirty sanchez off his perch lol - NOW GET THIS - PSO 18:00 kicks off last night - i'm at the toilet taking a leak - walk back in to the conservatory and my housemate tells me i have got kings !!!! But i'm timed out !!! The lying twodge !!!! i had 6 8 !!!! lol.
So the 2nd hand of the tourney comes up !!! guess what - he has the gift !!!! i catch KK !!!!!
So 2 *****rs go all in b4 me !!
AND GUESS WHAT ???
The first time i have ever folded KINGS !!!! - U must be now thinking you idiot !!!
now i can't rememer what 1 of the maniacs had - but the 1 who counts had...........No not AA - nope wrong again not AK - nope not QQ - yep u got it !!! 10 6 - Be afraid !!!
You can guess the flop - all my housemate said was he woud'nt have done what i did but nice fold.
In case your wondering - the flop came 10 2 6 - no K on the turn or river - Madness.
My Advice - unless you feel like u really need to bet...................
Play a game of PATIENCE for the first hour.
Spike best of luck m8. B
P.S if u or TopCat tell any1 i folded Kings i'm sending the boys round !!!! lol - Even in Germany TC !!! lol.

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 08:53 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2007
Keep folding guys; we may just be learning to play poker LOL

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 10:09 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
GOOD JOB OF LOOKING AT THE MO. AND NOT THE DAY

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 10:48 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
These "big folds" are pretty weak in normal MTT play (except maybe Spikes, because a RACE for stacks is a bit too early for his QQ, and what he is probably facing versus 2 players). The KK hand, I'm really not sure I'm folding that so early with only 2 in...

In LEAGUE PLAY, with cumulative scoring, and the hugely negative effect of an early out really damaging because that early out requires MULTIPLE good runs to off-set...then these are SMART MOVES!

Bravo to all those who recognize the difference, and keep it up. Chances are you'll end up ITM for the league pay outs month after month.

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 11:14 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
I'll keep trying

Thanks TC
thats a good fold spike thats why your on top off the leader board

Old
Sun Jul 10, 2011, 11:17 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer73 View Post
That's Smooth Spike - but not as good as your position - i had a smile on my face when i saw u had knocked dirty sanchez off his perch lol - NOW GET THIS - PSO 18:00 kicks off last night - i'm at the toilet taking a leak - walk back in to the conservatory and my housemate tells me i have got kings !!!! But i'm timed out !!! The lying twodge !!!! i had 6 8 !!!! lol.
So the 2nd hand of the tourney comes up !!! guess what - he has the gift !!!! i catch KK !!!!!
So 2 *****rs go all in b4 me !!
AND GUESS WHAT ???
The first time i have ever folded KINGS !!!! - U must be now thinking you idiot !!!
now i can't rememer what 1 of the maniacs had - but the 1 who counts had...........No not AA - nope wrong again not AK - nope not QQ - yep u got it !!! 10 6 - Be afraid !!!
You can guess the flop - all my housemate said was he woud'nt have done what i did but nice fold.
In case your wondering - the flop came 10 2 6 - no K on the turn or river - Madness.
My Advice - unless you feel like u really need to bet...................
Play a game of PATIENCE for the first hour.
Spike best of luck m8. B
P.S if u or TopCat tell any1 i folded Kings i'm sending the boys round !!!! lol - Even in Germany TC !!! lol.
thats a good fold to,you want your pairs to heads up because if any more people get involved then your kings lose value

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 09:08 AM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
Well played w/ a raise and a 3bet in front so early and sorry about that suckout last night.... I REALLY thought you were bluffin at it...lol to catch my 3 outer on the river was just sad! and like sand commented that was very remmenisent of pso early. quite the flawed thought process < shrugs . keep up the good work. stack em high! MT

Last edited by mtnestegg; Mon Jul 11, 2011 at 09:28 AM..

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 09:56 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
watttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt t

man o man o man, what was your reason for folding??? what that he had AA KK? or you actually wanted to avoid flip situations putting him on AK? lol Remember, if you want to avoid flip situations that implies your going to sit there and wait for KK and AA then try get people to stack off to you OR your post flop play is godlike and youl win a ton of chips from people by being super active...........both of these are obviously wrong implications and far fetched in general

In tournys its simple, "Win your flips" to win tournys you just goda win your flips that said....QQ is wayyyy too strong of a hand to lay down in this tournament! your going to get called by worse alot and even AJ AQ hands will stack off here.................

man please dont fold that anymore lol goodluck

Last edited by Oku_Ha_FooLs; Wed Jul 27, 2011 at 09:59 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 10:14 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oku_Ha_FooLs View Post
watttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt t

man o man o man, what was your reason for folding??? what that he had AA KK? or you actually wanted to avoid flip situations putting him on AK? lol Remember, if you want to avoid flip situations that implies your going to sit there and wait for KK and AA then try get people to stack off to you OR your post flop play is godlike and youl win a ton of chips from people by being super active...........both of these are obviously wrong implications and far fetched in general

In tournys its simple, "Win your flips" to win tournys you just goda win your flips that said....QQ is wayyyy too strong of a hand to lay down in this tournament! your going to get called by worse alot and even AJ AQ hands will stack off here.................

man please dont fold that anymore lol goodluck

Oku you're missing the key part of the puzzle here... PSO TOURNEY,lol.

PSO you have to check all prior poker savvy and your balls at the door to "play" right.

Think of it like this as it IS the reality of PSO...

It's a series of satellite tournaments that are all inter-connected with each other by a monthly leaderboard. The absolute worst thing you can ever do in a PSO is bomb out in the first 50% of the field as it will typically take you 2 to 2 1/2 good results to recoup the points.

Standard cash MTT/SNG and yeah,coming off this hand becomes a dicier proposition for sure. Me,unless I have notes indicating that either of the 2 raisers are very possibly holding AA or KK then yeah,I'm probably taking my chances. If I rail,I rail.

PSO though the fold is 100% the correct play IMO. When we Yanks could still play the drop dead one hand I NEVER wanted to see before first break in PSO was QQ because I knew it was going in the muck pre-flop 90% of the time and I was going to feel like I needed to take a shower afterwards.

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:17 PM
(#14)
OOkayyyy then well il just c how i fare in this PSO ive only been at it for several days and already made 4000th if that means anything, wish i woulda known bout the league earlier lol]

Owell goodluck all

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:24 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
OOkayyyy then well il just c how i fare in this PSO ive only been at it for several days and already made 4000th if that means anything, wish i woulda known bout the league earlier lol]

Owell goodluck all

NO THAT'S NOT VERY GOOD
YOUR ONLY MAKING 13 POINTS PER GAME PLAYED
AND AS YOU GO UP IT GETS HARDER TO GET POINTS
SO FROM SOMEBODY THAT IS CALLING OTHER PEOPLES PLAYS BAD IT'S REAL BAD

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:29 PM
(#16)
Well if I were you given the levels that you play at the 150 VPP's a month would be no sweat for you to obtain so maybe make a push the last few days and try to crack the top 1500 for the month to get in the Premier League.

Do yourself a favor and read the material about the two Leagues that it's going to split into next month. Also bone up on the scoring throttles,or "chokes" if you prefer,and how they affect your scoring potential as your monthly score rises.

We Yanks get back on my azz is chomping at the bit to get in on this (though given my $0.22 ABI in cash MTT/SNG's I'll have to be a serious grind monkey to get 150 VPP's,lol).

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:29 PM
(#17)
why do you care about how i am doin in the PSO?? do you think it's important to me? ive only been at this PSO thing for several days now less than a week what do u think i find it hard? lol

c'mon just chill out folding QQ for points really? inevetably you will later find yourself shortstacked probably getting no good hands and blind away is that how you should play PSO tournys? not go for the win? i really don't understand what the big fuss is about playing a PSO tourny SHOULD be exactly like playing a normal MTT FFS!!!! have you not done the MTT quiz?? lol the quiz is a joke and super easy but thats not my point.......in that quiz just for ur info it says that PSO league tournys should be played the same as a normal MTT.........sigh so your telling me in a normal tourny you will fold qq ther? wow awsum fold then :P hehehe

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:37 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
NO THAT'S NOT VERY GOOD
YOUR ONLY MAKING 13 POINTS PER GAME PLAYED
AND AS YOU GO UP IT GETS HARDER TO GET POINTS
SO FROM SOMEBODY THAT IS CALLING OTHER PEOPLES PLAYS BAD IT'S REAL BAD

Meh,I wouldn't say that at all Dennis.

CoTe and Spudder47 are about as good as it gets ever in PSO games and they're averaging 15 and 13 points roughly,respectively. Now as it is harder to score as one rises due to the chokes Oku is off the pace a little but not by all that much.

Oku you should play these hard the last few days and in volume to hope to get a little bit of a heater and crack the top 1500 for the month. It's not as far-fetched as it looks on it's surface,trust me.

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:43 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
HERE IS WHERE YOU PAT YOUR SELF ON THE BACK FOR GETTING TO 4000TH PLACE

Owell goodluck all
Quote:
why do you care about how i am doin in the PSO?? do you think it's important to me? ive only been at this PSO thing for several days now less than a week what do u think i find it hard? lol

c'mon just chill out folding QQ for points really? inevetably you will later find yourself shortstacked probably getting no good hands and blind away is that how you should play PSO tournys? not go for the win? i really don't understand what the big fuss is about playing a PSO tourny SHOULD be exactly like playing a normal MTT FFS!!!! have you not done the MTT quiz?? lol the quiz is a joke and super easy but thats not my point.......in that quiz just for ur info it says that PSO league tournys should be played the same as a normal MTT.........sigh so your telling me in a normal tourny you will fold qq ther? wow awsum fold then :P hehehe
SO YES I THINK IT"S IMPORTANT TO YOU
AND IF YOU THINK THE LEAGUE IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER MTT
YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION
PLAY ANOTHER WEEK OF IT AND THEN SAY IT'S JUST LIKE ANY MTT
GOOD LUCK I KNOW YOUR GOING TO NEED IT

Old
Wed Jul 27, 2011, 11:48 PM
(#20)
Quote:

I'm assuming a fair amount of this was directed at Dennis for slagging your score off,hehe,but to answer some of your questions here....

Yes folding the QQ in this spot IS the proper play in PSO.

Short stacked and blinding off in PSO is NOT a bad result typically. (I know,I know...)

Wins don't mean all that much in PSO. (I've had 2,in one I'm almost sure the guys in second and third got just about as many points as I did because of our differences in point totals for the month---that's the scoring throttles I mentioned earlier at work).

There is some divergent info between the CORE quiz (that's the one you need to pass for inclusion in PSO) and the MTT quiz. I really don't recall as to whether either mentions PSO by name but if it does say that you should play PSO anything like a normal MTT that's a piece of information that I would put in the delete file.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com