Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

what is this ?

Old
what is this ? - Mon Jul 11, 2011, 01:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010

Last edited by curvyroads; Mon Jul 11, 2011 at 07:29 AM..

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 02:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
NOW IT'S WORKING

Last edited by hemetdennis; Mon Jul 11, 2011 at 08:12 AM..

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 06:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
These kind of hands stopped bothering me a long time ago. I am not surprized when players in the new PSO call, raise or even go all-in with nothing. Odds are that if you play enough hands with such players they will sometimes get lucky with junk and beat you. The only thing you can do at such games is try to limit the damage, don't re-raise them, call and avoid going all-in as much as possible.
I wonder what you would have said if you had a hand like mine where I played pocket queens and the other players had AA, KK and AK and the table showed 4 hearts. Try to calculate the odds of something like that happening to you...
If you don't believe me, I posted the hand in the poker math section of the forum.

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 08:06 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonelG56 View Post
These kind of hands stopped bothering me a long time ago. I am not surprized when players in the new PSO call, raise or even go all-in with nothing. Odds are that if you play enough hands with such players they will sometimes get lucky with junk and beat you. The only thing you can do at such games is try to limit the damage, don't re-raise them, call and avoid going all-in as much as possible.
I wonder what you would have said if you had a hand like mine where I played pocket queens and the other players had AA, KK and AK and the table showed 4 hearts. Try to calculate the odds of something like that happening to you...
If you don't believe me, I posted the hand in the poker math section of the forum.

trust me, i believe anything anyone says about PS odds, the odds are violated here more than anywhere else that it became ridicules, i knew that hand would end up lost to a flush or a straight, that is why i was messing with him with the 4 bet maybe he'll get to his senses and give up...did u see how much he bet his straight draw out of position ? and he hit

i just took a screenshot of the beat and added it to my big collection of 101010 cracked by a donkey straight / flush

Old
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 07:02 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvyroads View Post
trust me, i believe anything anyone says about PS odds, the odds are violated here more than anywhere else that it became ridicules, i knew that hand would end up lost to a flush or a straight, that is why i was messing with him with the 4 bet maybe he'll get to his senses and give up...did u see how much he bet his straight draw out of position ? and he hit

i just took a screenshot of the beat and added it to my big collection of 101010 cracked by a donkey straight / flush

Wow min-raise, min-3bet.... you deserve it, you gave him plenty of odds to call. You're a huge donk that can't even win a freeroll

Last edited by Hen-Golden; Tue Jul 12, 2011 at 07:15 AM..

Old
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 07:25 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
This isn't really a bad beat at all. I'd plop it in the bad play category on your end, no offence :P
Just wondering what that min raise was about on such a wet board? Betting value against a dangerous board is very risky and I don't think you should be too upset when it bites you in the tushy. It's like getting on your knees and begging the poker gods to shaft you

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Thu Jul 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM..

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
you should have 3 or 4-bet on the flop instead of min raising, and shove on the turn.

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 04:02 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hen-Golden View Post
Wow min-raise, min-3bet.... you deserve it, you gave him plenty of odds to call. You're a huge donk that can't even win a freeroll
Nice post I bet you make lots of friends here

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 05:19 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2009
BronzeStar
I think the others are a little harsh ... TTT is so good here that you almost *should* extract this weakly, although the min-raising game is stupid, just shove after a while.

To all others complaining about being outdrawn .. maybe odds to call, but odds to reraise bet-by-bet all in? No. His opponent was a donk and got lucky.

I was out first hand recently with AK on KT8 board, two clubs. JcTc re-raise shoved me after a very aggressive flop bet to deter draws. I called and the turn was a club. Live with it and move on.
Also, be a little more aggresive on drawish board, but don't worry about losing hands like this, where he would clearly have gone all in no matter how you played it. Your advantage against players like him means you will profit in the long run.

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 08:17 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by taomage View Post
you should have 3 or 4-bet on the flop instead of min raising, and shove on the turn.
There's no reason in not shoving the flop, specially with the pot being bigger than 25 % of effective stacks, but you can keep giving advice like if you knew something

BTW, you should check what 3bet and 4bet means... how can you 3bet the flop if you're the raisor? How can you 4bet if he doesn't 3bet your raise?

Last edited by Hen-Golden; Wed Jul 13, 2011 at 08:22 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 10:57 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf70 View Post
I think the others are a little harsh ... TTT is so good here that you almost *should* extract this weakly, although the min-raising game is stupid, just shove after a while.

To all others complaining about being outdrawn .. maybe odds to call, but odds to reraise bet-by-bet all in? No. His opponent was a donk and got lucky.

I was out first hand recently with AK on KT8 board, two clubs. JcTc re-raise shoved me after a very aggressive flop bet to deter draws. I called and the turn was a club. Live with it and move on.
Also, be a little more aggresive on drawish board, but don't worry about losing hands like this, where he would clearly have gone all in no matter how you played it. Your advantage against players like him means you will profit in the long run.
at least one who understands how the hand was played and why, i forgot to mention that player was a donk, and i knew he was calling my shove anyway from previous hands he played, i was reraising him maybe that would make him give up on the draw because i knew he would hit which is the point of this post in first place.

ps: i know my play was bad and i wouldnt have played it that way if he was a "good" player

Last edited by curvyroads; Wed Jul 13, 2011 at 11:17 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 11:37 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hen-Golden View Post
dude what odds ? he just spent 80% of his stake to see the river on a draw, you are obviously here for something else rather than add something positive, if you would have done the same play if you were him because of what you call odds then we are playing different poker my friend,

fyi, even the greatest players can hardly win a freeroll, you cant even reach the final table without donking in a freeroll

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 12:00 AM
(#13)
here's another genius like you in a hand with good pot odds as you are saying
he must be watching too many high stakes poker cash games like u

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 12:05 AM
(#14)
Quote:
dude what odds ? he just spent 80% of his stake to see the river on a draw, you are obviously here for something else rather than add something positive, if you would have done the same play if you were him because of what you call odds then we are playing different poker my friend,

fyi, even the greatest players can hardly win a freeroll, you cant even reach the final table without donking in a freeroll
I believe he is referring to your flop min raise giving villain nearly 4 to 1 on the call. In which case he is correct in that you gave him the odds to make the chase. Perhaps not the kindest way to analyse a hand, but correct nonetheless.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 12:34 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
I believe he is referring to your flop min raise giving villain nearly 4 to 1 on the call. In which case he is correct in that you gave him the odds to make the chase. Perhaps not the kindest way to analyse a hand, but correct nonetheless.
i deff agree with u on the min raise on the flop, in this spot against a good player i play extremely agressive, i never even do min raises on a drawy flop after any made hand, but that player was a donk, and the last thing i wanted him to do is to go allin a after a big raise from me plus i wanted maximum value at minimum risk, and i thought he would give up on turn after another min raise in case he missed, unfortunately things got messy on the turn he was so confident to hit he even kept on betting out of position, and when the 7 hit i knew exactly what he had, the call was just to confirm

Last edited by curvyroads; Thu Jul 14, 2011 at 12:50 AM..

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 12:40 AM
(#16)
Unfortunately this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't spots against really poor players. You guys were destined to get your money in, you with +EV, unfortunately the poker gods are not always kind.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 01:43 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:

Obviously I'm not saying he played well, he couldn't have played it worse, but if you think he's on a draw, don't give him odds, shove and make him make a bad call... that's all

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com