Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Freedom Of Speech: LOLOLOL

Old
Freedom Of Speech: LOLOLOL - Mon Jul 11, 2011, 02:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
So, if you have any criticism of pokerstars or pokerschool, your posts are going to be deleted, is that right? What is the point of a forum,if you can`t express your opinions? Or do you have to break the rules and be a multi accounter before you are accepted. Not only is the "SKILL" league a joke, 70k+ members with 10k capacity in tournaments, but the moderators are a joke too, they close down threads for no reason, issue warnings and infractions for petty stuff, yet nothing seems to be done about the people who use profane language all the time and openly admit to cheating and rule breaking. i say we have a vote of no confidence in the moderators. the 3 who close threads most of the time are Too2Coo, ericnnancy and TrumpingJoe, i think its time for a change, its been proved that these 3 are not moderator material, the power has gone to their heads and they are starting to be disrespectful to the members with their arrogant replies to threads. this forum was really good before the moderators started spoiling it. LETS VOTE THEM OUT. POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 02:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I think you mis-understand that as a private forum, they have a "right" to deny anyone "freedom of speech" in that forum...

If you don't like it, start your own forum cupcake.

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 02:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
+1

your thread may get closed quicker than mine did

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Just because i let you in my house, it does'nt give you the right to wipe your dirty feet on my carpet.

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 03:05 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
Just because i let you in my house, it does'nt give you the right to wipe your dirty feet on my carpet.

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 03:16 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
wouldn't you prefer us to wipe them on the carpet rather than trailing mud all through the house?

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 03:37 PM
(#7)
Na i'd much prefer you to leave them at the door
th_DirtyCarpet-1.gif
other wise it will end up looking like this.

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
let that mud pile up and soon you'll have a brand new ''mud carpet''

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
I think you mis-understand that as a private forum, they have a "right" to deny anyone "freedom of speech" in that forum...

Thank God at least my ignoance about some things can be learned away! Stupid is forever, as the saying goes!

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post

[QUOTE=yahooza1;289002]+1

Last edited by hemetdennis; Mon Jul 11, 2011 at 04:07 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 04:09 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonarmy1566 View Post
So, if you have any criticism of pokerstars or pokerschool, your posts are going to be deleted, is that right? What is the point of a forum,if you can`t express your opinions? Or do you have to break the rules and be a multi accounter before you are accepted. Not only is the "SKILL" league a joke, 70k+ members with 10k capacity in tournaments, but the moderators are a joke too, they close down threads for no reason, issue warnings and infractions for petty stuff, yet nothing seems to be done about the people who use profane language all the time and openly admit to cheating and rule breaking. i say we have a vote of no confidence in the moderators. the 3 who close threads most of the time are Too2Coo, ericnnancy and TrumpingJoe, i think its time for a change, its been proved that these 3 are not moderator material, the power has gone to their heads and they are starting to be disrespectful to the members with their arrogant replies to threads. this forum was really good before the moderators started spoiling it. LETS VOTE THEM OUT. POWER TO THE PEOPLE

One can say these things, but you need to have some diplomacy. For example, if you have a problem, you can either rant about it, or offer suggestions. The first will get you nowhere, the second might generate notice. Sometimes you may have to try seeing it from the other person's perspective.

The site might well be overwhelmed by the response. They may have anticipated a doubling in the number of members playing, an increase from 5K to 10K. I would be surprised if they expected it to go from 5K to 70K. Perhaps they want to see how much of a dropoff occurs when the next month begins. Or they might have to wait until next month to expand the number of players per game.

Remember, this is the first month. The unanticipated will happen. It happened when the league first opened, and took a few months resolving. Give the staff some credit for intelligence, while laughing at their ineptitude at predicting the future. A talent you excel at?

The work of the forum moderators is a thankless, and as I understand, voluntary task. The cussing has become more inventive than the simple drop the vowel when typing deal. It isn't as catchable, or the instances are so many, they cannot all be instantly caught. Many of the threads I have seen closed turned into flame wars, or continued flogging a dead horse already getting lashed in another thread. To date, I'm surprised some threads stay open for as long as they do.

As to the multiaccounts and claims of cheating, these are being submitted to the wrong people. I cannot remember how many times the staff has said such things are under the control of PokerStars, and not the Poker Online School. Seems the more they say it, the more the members ignore it. In the past, some have reported these infractions to the appropriate authorities and action was taken.

There is the claim that the three moderators are allowing power to go to their heads. Appropriate? Perhaps the problem isn't power, but numbers. If there are but three moderators, and we have approximately 70K members, things might be getting dicy for them. They might be taking the easier way out simply due to the workload.

That offers you, and anyone with a similar viewpoint, an opportunity. Do one of two things. Either volunteer to become a moderator assistant, or nominate somebody you think worthy of such responsibilities to the Poker School. As they said in my generation - either become a part of the solution, or be part of the problem.

As a last point, notice who is writing this. The old hedgehog isn't even allowed to play and yet I keep coming back here.

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#12)
We have five moderators now. In addition to myself they are:
TOO2COO
ericnnancy
flophitter (Spain)
DRAW2GD (UK)

Old
Mon Jul 11, 2011, 04:17 PM
(#13)
And on that note this thread is officially ** CLOSED **

p.s. JDean is right. The management of this sites sets the guidelines by which ALL members are expected to abide.

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Mon Jul 11, 2011 at 04:19 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com