Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

how to avoid bad beats!!!!! help

Old
how to avoid bad beats!!!!! help - Tue Jul 12, 2011, 04:45 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
BronzeStar
hi everyone, sorry for my spellilng

so i need help. i play on pokerstars too but i more play local onloine poker. in my country poker bigen to grow up 5-6 month ago and too many people begun to play. so there are too many donks to earn money with, too many loose passive players, thay call with almost any hand, so i try to play as tight as i can,but i recieve too many bad beats. for example when holding JJ on BUTTON, one reised from UTG , 1 called, then i rereised 6X adn he calls, second folds. flop comes K J 4 different suit, he cheks i reised 9/10 of pot, he calls, turn comes 5, he checks, i bet the pot, he calls, and river comes Q, as i thought best curd in the deck, as a thought that he was so bad that he called such big reises with openender (Q_10) and i went all-in, and he showed me desester DDDDD he had 9-10 offf DDDDDDD the second hand i had AA .flop comes AK8 i bat the same way pot, turn is 10 i bet again pot, river comes J and he shows QQ for strait. and it happens too often to me, things like this.

give me advice, what can i do in such situations.

one thing more. can the program be making that? becouse there are too many players with a row, who can call with K4 all-in and they bust you when holding AA, and u cant win them with no cards. can be prog doin that fot making big pots for there rakes? one more. maybe IP adress is case? because when i play at home a loose, but when i play at the office i win. i tihnk aboute rows and program because for 6 month i was winning regulary, but month ago it begun and i cant do anything

Old
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 05:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
No, its definately not programmed that way. But in your case sometimes a good overbet may do the trick to get them out of the pot earlier.

And when playing these donks there isn't much more you can really do to avoid bad beats, and if they continue playing like this you know they will eventually pay out.

Old
Perfect Answer - Tue Jul 12, 2011, 08:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
I know how to avoid Bad Beats !!!!
Would you like me to share the secret ???
OK then i will !!!!!
Don't play POKER !!!!
It's full of bad beats !!!!! B

Old
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 09:00 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
If you thought he had QT, why did you go all in on the river ? That makes no sense.
Did you expect him to call that bet with air. Checking would do the same job in that case.
In this case he would bet of course, but that would give you some info (he might had hit a draw) and an option to reevaluate your holding and lose less or even win more in the few cases when the villain decides to bluff busted draw because you showed weakness.
You cannot avoid bad beats. But you can make them less costly if you play more conservative.
Keep the pot smaller unless you flop strong and you are the one who has the outs to complete the nuts. But in this way you lose some equity of course and by theory its less profitable in the long run.

Yes there are some conspiracy theories like that the turn is suckout and the river resuckout to keep the pot and rake bigger lol. But usually there is at least 10 percent chance the next card will be like that and I do not remember I would see it with higher frequency over the time. And nobody who is not completely insane is going to risk good business get caught cheating .

For sure it has nothing to do with IP address . The reason why you are winning at your office and losing at home is probably that you play differently. First in the office its earlier during the day, so your concentration might be better. You might play more conservative as you do not want the phone to ring in the middle of hard decision with marginal hand.
You can also play different kind of opponents in different times of the day (different countries etc.). If you are losing at home, play less, lower stakes or do some more profitable activities, like studying your game or just have a rest .

That are my thoughts, not an advise . The decision is up to you.
Good Luck
Space

Old
(#5)
BronzeStar
thanks to everyone ,, especialy to space, i'll keep it in mind. i'll get hand historys in this days and will ask u som e more questions. thanks too all

Old
(#6)
BronzeStar
o and . i bet on river because if he had Q-10 and hit Q i knew he would call, and he was tipe of player wich think that if thay hit K with AK thay can slowplay it, and they never reise, he could have it, i knew he could have also KQ wich would pay me off, so

Old
(#7)
BronzeStar
but it's all about experience in the end when esfandiari folded trip acec to chans trip aces he says : i would surelly call and then comlain about my luck that's all about me i guess

Old
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 10:11 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
yes, in that case it can be right though a bit risky, I would play it the same sometimes against short stack and not so much left to bet.
I just thought you put him exactly on QT and took this action. I understand now it was just an example to describe the opponent .

Last edited by SpaceHiker; Tue Jul 12, 2011 at 02:01 PM..

Old
if anone still interested adviceing me :D space help ;) - Wed Jul 13, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
so i deposited today 100 gel and started on 2 tables with 50 on each on 25/50 blinds i was henging out for about 30 minutes with no cards to play. than i recieved QQ on UTg reised 5X and middle pos called, everyone folds flop came J 7 2 2 diamond, i reised 4 in 5.61 pot and he pushed all-in with rest of 19 i called and he had 9-6 diamond and made flush. thats ok, nothing important looseing to flush draw, after that still nothing to play and after so 10 minutes i recieved 7-10 on big blind, i clicked on chek/fold but noone reised and a saw the flop 77A, i was short stack with 18 so i new i wasn't layng it down and reised it up, 1 player called, then came 10, before the turn i was hopeing that he had an ace, after that i was hopeing that he had a 7, i cheked he reised i moved all-in he colled with k-7 off (i dont understand what he was doing in thet play with that cards from middle: so he called my all-in and river came K and i lost again.

the same time on second table still nothing played i recieved 5-4 suited on big blind. UTG reised minimal to 1 , everyone called and i called. flop came 4 5 J . i reised , reiser folded, so did everyone and BUTTON cols. calling that minreise, and callin my reise i was putin him on the flop something like J10 J9 , or strait draw, so turn came 4, i made full, i reised and he stell caled, and then came 3 to complite his streight, i cheked he was short stacked, he moved all-in i called and he had JJ i loose again. andafter about 10 minutes i was something liike on 17 GEL chips. on BUTTON i had AK siuted, i reised 1 called flop came K 4 5, he reised i moved all-in he had 7 8 and made streight with 6.

and evereydeay i loose the same way, so what can i do , give me some more advice someone, this bigun month ago, before that i was good, now if i recieve AA i reise preflop some stupid moves all-in with A-j and he wins , with KK i always run into AA, today i called small stack rereise all in with AK he had KQ off, and he won, when i asked him what did u think i had when i reised UTG, he said " i didnt think about it" so what i want to ask: why is that that i dont recieve plaeble card, and when i recieve i make very strong hand but i steel loose, and if i throw away A-j or A-Q and then see that i was right doing that, then i make full on big blind and loose anyway.

i swere its everyday same, SPACE what can u say? dont you smell something wrong? i said about programe yesterday

i dont believe that i play bad when i am 70 % favorite someone moves all-in and i call. i have to fold that hands?
i have to play only quads?

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 05:37 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by atec_saldata View Post
so i deposited today 100 gel and started on 2 tables with 50 on each on 25/50 blinds i was henging out for about 30 minutes with no cards to play. than i recieved QQ on UTg reised 5X and middle pos called, everyone folds flop came J 7 2 2 diamond, i reised 4 in 5.61 pot and he pushed all-in with rest of 19 i called and he had 9-6 diamond and made flush. thats ok, nothing important looseing to flush draw, after that still nothing to play and after so 10 minutes i recieved 7-10 on big blind, i clicked on chek/fold but noone reised and a saw the flop 77A, i was short stack with 18 so i new i wasn't layng it down and reised it up, 1 player called, then came 10, before the turn i was hopeing that he had an ace, after that i was hopeing that he had a 7, i cheked he reised i moved all-in he colled with k-7 off (i dont understand what he was doing in thet play with that cards from middle: so he called my all-in and river came K and i lost again.

the same time on second table still nothing played i recieved 5-4 suited on big blind. UTG reised minimal to 1 , everyone called and i called. flop came 4 5 J . i reised , reiser folded, so did everyone and BUTTON cols. calling that minreise, and callin my reise i was putin him on the flop something like J10 J9 , or strait draw, so turn came 4, i made full, i reised and he stell caled, and then came 3 to complite his streight, i cheked he was short stacked, he moved all-in i called and he had JJ i loose again. andafter about 10 minutes i was something liike on 17 GEL chips. on BUTTON i had AK siuted, i reised 1 called flop came K 4 5, he reised i moved all-in he had 7 8 and made streight with 6.

and evereydeay i loose the same way, so what can i do , give me some more advice someone, this bigun month ago, before that i was good, now if i recieve AA i reise preflop some stupid moves all-in with A-j and he wins , with KK i always run into AA, today i called small stack rereise all in with AK he had KQ off, and he won, when i asked him what did u think i had when i reised UTG, he said " i didnt think about it" so what i want to ask: why is that that i dont recieve plaeble card, and when i recieve i make very strong hand but i steel loose, and if i throw away A-j or A-Q and then see that i was right doing that, then i make full on big blind and loose anyway.

i swere its everyday same, SPACE what can u say? dont you smell something wrong? i said about programe yesterday

i dont believe that i play bad when i am 70 % favorite someone moves all-in and i call. i have to fold that hands?
i have to play only quads?

WOW WHY WOULD THEY RIG IT FOR YOU TO LOSE ??

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 10:58 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the forum and pso atec_saldata.

Don't get it in your head that the programming is rigged. That is just an excuse for players who, well, are losing. It is variance...losing when you're the favorite.
If you truly believed that it was the fault of the game itself, would you continue? Of course not. Now lets get passed that and continue on your learning.
I would suggest that you get some hand histories posted and let people help you with the analysis of those hands. The knowledge that some have is quite remarkable. And they love to help.

Well..that's about it, hope you enjoy everything and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Old
(#12)
BronzeStar
thanks dan i want to put here my hands but i dont know how to do it, i mean hand replayer video. i read here courses about tournaments but i steal need some courses for cash play wich i couldnot find here. can u advice anything for me?

Old
(#13)
BronzeStar
and else, what happened after my 6 month streight winning. maybe i lost self-confidence last month?
is it all about psychological thing?

or maybe my tight agressive strategy doesn't work? or maybe i am doin something wrong?

i really feel that i am not a donk player, but there is something that i am missing.

i do well in tournaments, we have a live tournament here in september 1100 buy in. so its really big play for me because i am playng small stakes, so i decided to play satellites for it, i had to win 2 tikets to get the main ticket, and i won it from the first try, sit&go strategy which i read here really helped me in it, but i steal cant do anything in small buy-in tournaments, where too many donks play, every hand all-in play, and stupid people out there. so what i want to say, i do well while playng with normal ones, but i cant do anything against real donkeys. give me some advices and please give me some link for online cash game strategy or online training, especcialy for playng against loose passive players

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 09:38 AM
(#14)
Since: Feb 2011
Hiya, there are several vids here in pso on cash play, click videos then scrol down and click live training videos then click videos by thelangolier (28 vids there) #2,3,6,7,8,9,10,12,14,20,21,and 24 are all on cash play. also, if you like 6max, felix's vids are good as well. just keep get ur $ in good things will turn around. remember almost no hand is 100% post flop and 0 are pre. expect suck outs. variance happens. gl out there. stack em high! MT

Last edited by mtnestegg; Thu Jul 14, 2011 at 09:43 AM..

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 10:19 AM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2010
Until you get the replayer working for ya' (one of the videos where MT is talking about, is instructions on the hand replayer/odds calculator)..you can just paste a Hand History here..others can even plug it into the replayer for ya' once you put it in here.
What you want to do is...either use the last hand info while you're at a table (it's in the top left corner of your table that you're on, and copy it and paste it here. (If you're not familiar with copy/paste, let us know) Or you can...
..in the main pokerstars lobby, click requests tab up top..then select hand history. Fill in the box with the appropriate hands you want to retrieve, and they'll email that to ya'. Then once you open the email, copy everything below your email addy (not allowed in forum) and paste it in a new thread in the hands analysis forum.
Take your time and don't get discouraged if you don't get it the first time or two...you'll get it.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Thu Jul 14, 2011 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: MISREAD.....CHECK VIDEO ON HAND REPLAYER ATEC!!!!

Old
(#16)
BronzeStar
thank you both but i dont talk about pokerstars with pokerstars i;m OK. i complane about our local online poker

Old
(#17)
BronzeStar
WOW SHOKED!!! thank u mtnestegg adviceing that lessons. that was exactly what i need. i'v listed just 1 lesson yet and my had is already akeying with too much information i;ll take part in next live session with u boys thank u all for attention

Old
Hi - Fri Jul 15, 2011, 04:50 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
I know how you feel. It was happening to me all last month. I lost big part of my bankroll in this way lol. Have to say I play only the small stakes, so absolutely its not a large amount of money. This month I am doing a bit better. The main reason why I lost so much were not the bad beats though. The problem was that I still tend to get tilt for a bit after and to do mistakes when all these bad runs come.
For example at cash tables I know that certain type of players would 3 bet only AA and nothing else, but still after folding KK 3 times in a row to these 3 bets, the 4th time I give up, say to myself, its not possible that those are AA again and get stacked lol.
The same thing, some players will go all in only with nuts on the river, but I still tend to call with 2nd nuts. I simply cannot fold. At least I stopped doing it when the pot is small to the bet size and I am not pot committed yet .
The best sessions I had were those where I was patient and waited for the situations where I am the one with 1st nuts or AA vs. KK. Or where I managed to identify those players who just wait for AA and are willing to get stacked when you hit a set against them.
During waiting for these hands I tried to collect small pots especially from players who fold to c-bet on flop or second barrel on turn with high frequency or when scary card appears. Of course sometimes my air gets to the river and showdown, but that helps me to get paid when I get a real hand. The best fun is when the air like J high wins the pot lol. Of course I do this when the pot is really small or when my hand has some showdown value or chance to improve.
Good luck with your game
Space

Last edited by SpaceHiker; Fri Jul 15, 2011 at 04:54 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com