Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I've lost the balls .... .

Old
Exclamation
I've lost the balls .... . - Tue Jul 12, 2011, 09:43 AM
(#1)
ruiten7's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
I'm playing in the 2nd tourney today .... on a table with raving lunatics ... and we are 40 mins in ... and I don't dare raise a good hand .... I am so afraid that a nut will call with 7 J off suit and bust my a**!
Anyone got any ideas??? 'cos if I don't make the cut ... I'll have to jump out of the window, cos all thats left is another month of 10000 (probably nice?!) mainiac's

 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 09:56 AM
(#2)
adamsmith008's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 31
BronzeStar
A new sports car advertising slogan -""" 0-100 faster than a donk can hit all in."""""
 
Old
Talking
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 10:09 AM
(#3)
ruiten7's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
(#4)
Brizer73's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 270
I know exactly what your saying R - I would say i'm a tight player but now i just think even with a premium hand some1 is gonna make a crazy call with 9 2 or some other trash and get lucky.
Certainly makes you think abit more. B
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#5)
FarrahnsMom's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiten7 View Post
I'm playing in the 2nd tourney today .... on a table with raving lunatics ... and we are 40 mins in ... and I don't dare raise a good hand .... I am so afraid that a nut will call with 7 J off suit and bust my a**!
Anyone got any ideas??? 'cos if I don't make the cut ... I'll have to jump out of the window, cos all thats left is another month of 10000 (probably nice?!) mainiac's

you can fold till it goes hand for hand ..depending on your pt total 1440 is pos pts ...then wait for a good hand ...i was in the 5am at 1440 players left i had 390 chips got a hand and tripled up and went on to come in 230 ....so what im saying is do not start to play poker until the bubble 1440 gl F.M.
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 10:37 AM
(#6)
Faery Tats's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 316
BronzeStar
Fold your way to positive points and use your clock.

Tits
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#7)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
you can fold till it goes hand for hand ..depending on your pt total 1440 is pos pts ...then wait for a good hand ...i was in the 5am at 1440 players left i had 390 chips got a hand and tripled up and went on to come in 230 ....so what im saying is do not start to play poker until the bubble 1440 gl F.M.
Hey FM, i thought at a score of 1500, a player got to positive points around 2500. I guess I need to go look for where I saw that...maybe look over some players' stats so I don't give misinformation. Could it be positive at 2500, then maybe 1440 for, like you say, the supposed "bubble?"
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 11:54 AM
(#8)
Drywallman3's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faery Tats View Post
Fold your way to positive points and use your clock.

Tits
and play tighter than a tic's azz
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 07:03 AM
(#9)
BeijingBill's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 8
BronzeStar
On a 10k player game the positive points start at 2500 but go up linearly, at 1440 they start to go up logarithimacaly so you start getting a larger amount of points for each position after 1440. so far i have managed to finish in these positions often enough when not getting donked out early.
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 12:38 PM
(#10)
Bill Curran's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeijingBill View Post
On a 10k player game the positive points start at 2500 but go up linearly, at 1440 they start to go up logarithimacaly so you start getting a larger amount of points for each position after 1440. so far i have managed to finish in these positions often enough when not getting donked out early.

That is only strictly true for players with 1,500 points or less.

 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com