Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

new league no bubble

Old
Default
new league no bubble - Tue Jul 12, 2011, 11:35 PM
(#1)
FarrahnsMom's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 242
As we head into the second half of the month i have come to realize the new league has no bubble.90 places paid is that the bubble......not........10k players hand for hand 1440 is this the bubble....spike8998 placed 1300ish and got a small negative ...not....this is the first time i have ever played in a tourny without a definite bubble ....now that the scores are getting bigger and more important could staff please tell us all ..in a 10k player tourny where is the bubble ty gl F.M.
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 11:41 PM
(#2)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
As we head into the second half of the month i have come to realize the new league has no bubble.90 places paid is that the bubble......not........10k players hand for hand 1440 is this the bubble....spike8998 placed 1300ish and got a small negative ...not....this is the first time i have ever played in a tourny without a definite bubble ....now that the scores are getting bigger and more important could staff please tell us all ..in a 10k player tourny where is the bubble ty gl F.M.
IF YOU MEAN PLUS POINTS IT DEPENDS ON YOUR SCORE
SAME AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN
GOOD LUCK

 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 11:54 PM
(#3)
FarrahnsMom's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
IF YOU MEAN PLUS POINTS IT DEPENDS ON YOUR SCORE
SAME AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN
GOOD LUCK

no Denis tell me where the bubble is ...must be hidden lol
 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 11:55 PM
(#4)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
no Denis tell me where the bubble is ...must be hidden lol

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BUBBLE ???

 
Old
Default
Tue Jul 12, 2011, 11:59 PM
(#5)
FarrahnsMom's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BUBBLE ???

ok 90 player sitngo pays 12 spots the bubble is 13 hence bubble boy
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 12:03 AM
(#6)
outcast13's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
no Denis tell me where the bubble is ...must be hidden lol
That is a good question where is the bubble sitting at ? Hand for hand is at 1440 only gain some points. I think the bubble is at 91, because itm is at 90 place.
Maybe i'm wrong ?
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 12:03 AM
(#7)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
ok 90 player sitngo pays 12 spots the bubble is 13 hence bubble boy

THEN IT'S 1441 WITH 10,000

 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 02:36 AM
(#8)
0HighTimes0's Avatar
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 840
This is what i was trying to ask in this thread/topic,
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...86-Pay-outs-10

10000-90-5301-108?

As every other tournament i have played the More players there is the
bigger place payed field/ smaller amount players less place payed field,
why would the smaller player field have bigger place payed?, IM not Questioning the ITM but the Places payed
10000 player game have 90 ? places payed, 1440 ITM
5301 player game have 108 ? places payed, 750 ITM

yeap i know its meaningless, and i know higher rank u are the more u lose points for same place (ive seen that in my own results) etc, every time i don't play tournament i lose 9-41 points in rank.

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Wed Jul 13, 2011 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: edit (itlics)
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 02:52 AM
(#9)
Da Sens Fan's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,118
they answered it pretty well in the other thread hightimes. With a 10k field you cant pay out less than a penny. The actual payout is meaningless
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:25 AM
(#10)
FarrahnsMom's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0HighTimes0 View Post
This is what i was trying to ask in this thread/topic,
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...86-Pay-outs-10

10000-90-5301-108?

As every other tournament i have played the More players there is the
bigger place payed field/ smaller amount players less place payed field,
why would the smaller player field have bigger place payed?, IM not Questioning the ITM but the Places payed
10000 player game have 90 ? places payed, 1440 ITM
5301 player game have 108 ? places payed, 750 ITM
spike8998 came in 1300ish out of 10k he scored a small negative so 1440 is no good after his score reached 2400 or so ...F.M.
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:37 AM
(#11)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
spike8998 came in 1300ish out of 10k he scored a small negative so 1440 is no good after his score reached 2400 or so ...F.M.

IF THE PRIZE POOL WAS MORE THEN $10 SPIKE WOULD HAVE GOT MONEY AND NEGATIVE POINTS
SO WHEN YOU SAY BUBBLE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POINTS
HOPE THIS HELPS
GOOD LUCK

 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 06:52 AM
(#12)
De Hitman's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 299
If there are 10k players in the tourney then the bubble 1440, but how points are distributed depends a lot on what ranking points you have at the time of reaching the bubble. ie. Player 1 has 1500 ranking points and finishes 1400 out of 10k he would receive around 25pts. Player 2 has 2400 ranking points and finishes 1400 out of 10k he would receive around -1pts in both cases the bubble was 1440 yet player 2 received negative points because his ranking points have reached a stage were he now needs to finish below 1000 out of 10k to achieve + points. Once the number of entries starts to drop, ie 8000 players then the bubble would drop to around 1320. So remember the more ranking pts you have prior to stating the game the higher you have to finish past the bubble stage to achieve a decent + score for that game. This also works in reverse. ie If Player 1 was to get knocked out early on lets say 8000 out of 10k he would receive a negative score of around - 30 pts. If Player 2 were to get knocked out in 8000 out of 10k he would receive a negative score of around - 80 pts. This is why you start to see the leaders scores slow down once they reach a certain points range in this case it seems to be 2500 as it gets harder for him to consecutively make good plus points in every game he plays, and risks big negative points for not making it past 10% of the field. These points can give you a good marker on what sort of score you will need to reach your goal whether it be top 1500 or top 10. Hope this can help you. good luck
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#13)
FarrahnsMom's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
If there are 10k players in the tourney then the bubble 1440, but how points are distributed depends a lot on what ranking points you have at the time of reaching the bubble. ie. Player 1 has 1500 ranking points and finishes 1400 out of 10k he would receive around 25pts. Player 2 has 2400 ranking points and finishes 1400 out of 10k he would receive around -1pts in both cases the bubble was 1440 yet player 2 received negative points because his ranking points have reached a stage were he now needs to finish below 1000 out of 10k to achieve + points. Once the number of entries starts to drop, ie 8000 players then the bubble would drop to around 1320. So remember the more ranking pts you have prior to stating the game the higher you have to finish past the bubble stage to achieve a decent + score for that game. This also works in reverse. ie If Player 1 was to get knocked out early on lets say 8000 out of 10k he would receive a negative score of around - 30 pts. If Player 2 were to get knocked out in 8000 out of 10k he would receive a negative score of around - 80 pts. This is why you start to see the leaders scores slow down once they reach a certain points range in this case it seems to be 2500 as it gets harder for him to consecutively make good plus points in every game he plays, and risks big negative points for not making it past 10% of the field. These points can give you a good marker on what sort of score you will need to reach your goal whether it be top 1500 or top 10. Hope this can help you. good luck
thanks hitman ....in the old pso we had a bubble ..500 players paid 54 places and so on ..it didnt matter how mant pts you had you knew to make it to the money basicaly to double your pts...in the new league ..juty anyway there is no bubble ..at least trustysam put out a break even point so we now have some clue as to where the points begin ..gl ty F.M.
 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 11:07 PM
(#14)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
thanks hitman ....in the old pso we had a bubble ..500 players paid 54 places and so on ..it didnt matter how mant pts you had you knew to make it to the money basicaly to double your pts...in the new league ..juty anyway there is no bubble ..at least trustysam put out a break even point so we now have some clue as to where the points begin ..gl ty F.M.

IN THE OLD LEAGUE GAMES YOU COULD GET ITM AND STILL GET NO OR ONLY A FEW POINTS

 
Old
Default
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 11:41 PM
(#15)
TrustySam's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,291
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
at least trustysam put out a break even point so we now have some clue as to where the points begin
I can make more charts if you find these helpful!

Approx. Points for Around 2100 on the Leaderboard (10,000 people)
1st Place...... 70 (plus 60 point bonus for coming in first - 10th place is around 70 points)
10............... 70
300............. 50
625............. 30
750............. 25
1000............17
1300............. 9
1440............. 6
1500............. 2
1600............. 0
1750............ -2
2000............ -6
2500.......... -12
5000.......... -22
10000........ -32


Approx. Points for Around 2000 on the Leaderboard (10,000 people)
1st Place...... 73 (plus 60 point bonus for coming in first - 10th place is around 73 points)
10............... 73
300............. 54
625............. 34
750............. 28
1000........... 20
1300............12
1440............. 9
1500............. 5
1750............. 1
1800............. 0
2000............ -3
2500.......... -10
5000.......... -20
10000........ -30

 
Old
Default
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 02:13 PM
(#16)
De Hitman's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 299
GRRREAT POST SAM + 1,000.000
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 02:06 AM
(#17)
TrustySam's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,291
BronzeStar
Thx Hitman!!!
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 02:08 AM
(#18)
hemetdennis's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,019
BronzeStar
YES SAM VERY GOOD INFO.

 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 02:21 AM
(#19)
TrustySam's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,291
BronzeStar
Thx Dennis!!!
 
Old
Default
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 09:58 AM
(#20)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Did you guys know that Sam also posted the thresholds for break even points depending on your score? May be a good idea to put all of this in a new thread Samantha, and we can see if a mod might sticky it for the community.

Grrrrrrrrreat stuff .... goooooood kitty.

Thanks Sammy!
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com