Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

some people think im a bad player

Old
some people think im a bad player - Wed Jul 13, 2011, 01:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
i know my stats are not good i know i never made the top 100 in the pso and i beleave these are 2 main reasons that some people not all consider me a bad player,also coming from canada is a down fall as people have called me an automatic donkey because im canadian,so when i play poker here weather its a pso game an mtt a sng or a cash game i get ppl calling me with with hands like 4,8 suited preflop against my pocket kings and the 4,8suited out flops me with the results off either losing almost all my stack or knocking me out off the tournament,so i guess the skill in the game is being able to get your 4,8suited to out flop my pocket kings takes more skill then for me to push my pocket kings knowing its the best,i guess for the reason that i wont call an all in with a hand like 4,8 suited will mean that i will never have skill or talent in this game

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 01:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Someone's having a bad day

I love ya Ron

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Someone's having a bad day

I love ya Ron
your cool dark this isnt 1day its my online career lol,almost 3years i played here lol and even callled all ins with aces that ended up winning and still been called a donkey lol,part off this is because im canadian alot off europeans and americans dont like canadians

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 01:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
Don't sweat it ron, it happens to all of us. I've never came across anyone who called me a donkey just because i'm Canadian tho, and i pities the fella who do! CANADIANS RULE EH!

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 01:29 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eagle23 View Post
Don't sweat it ron, it happens to all of us. I've never came across anyone who called me a donkey just because i'm Canadian tho, and i pities the fella who do! CANADIANS RULE EH!
to be honest i think canadians are premier poker players and for the most part my chips are all in with the best hand for the most part weather its post or preflop

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 01:50 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh1967 View Post
to be honest i think canadians are premier poker players and for the most part my chips are all in with the best hand for the most part weather its post or preflop
Make them pay to see your monster hand
You go in the pot with the best hand and get them to call knowing you are miles ahead is , imo, the right play , although saying that not every big hand is gonna win 100% of the time but they will win a lot more times than they lose
Keep on shoving and playing them monster aggressively

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 01:54 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2011
Being Canadian I get no sense whatsoever of a dislike, at least not because of ~being~ Canadian.

Being called a donk, idiot, pidor(whatever that means) is pretty normal around here. Don't sweat it.
!!

One recent example for me...At a cash ring table sitting six....

Two pair on board after the river. Based on what I had seen from the one fella, I did not believe he had hit any of it. Based on that, I call his sizable (too large) river bet with ace high. Turns out he had nothing and I won the pot, with my ace kicker. Maybe a dumb call but it was my read that got me there.

He wailed on me, calling me everything one can at a poker table.

I typed back to him that my read was correct, sorry about your luck and your bluff was called....You lose!!

Dont worry about what others say at the table...it is irrelevant. Play your game and continue to learn. It will pay off in the end.

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Wed Jul 13, 2011 at 02:04 PM..

Old
Wink
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 02:33 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
first of all i don't understand the whol fussss about being or not being canadian!! we all play poker right

my experience is that the most of the name calling players just suck in their game and just blame everyone.

now i am learning and also learning the hard way but what i see is people who play bingo hands with 84s and win get al sort of nh and vnh and thinks like great play. it makes them cocky. but when u wipe them of the table they start name calling if u beat them with 89s and u can call cheap in a family pot with T76 rainbow flop.

they just don't know better, they see it on television etc

just keep playing and i hope we can cross tables once so i can judge ur play!! i am still a fast learning fish by the way lol

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 02:53 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Of course Canadians are good at poker. If you don't play hockey or dog-sled, what else ya' gonna do during the 10 months of winter?

Hang in there Ron! Like the others suggested, don't worry what the others are saying. If they call you a donk or whatever, you can take it as a badge of honor, or know that if they think this, you'll be sure to bag 'em when it counts.

If it ever really starts to bug ya'..turn off that chat.

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 02:59 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I am American, and I love Canadians.

They are especially good when served with a nice cream sauce and a flaky biscuit!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-GOOD!

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:03 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
Geeese lighten up a bit Ronh, your gonna need to grow some thicker skin if you want to survive in this game. If i was to take on board everything that was said about me on the tables and forums I would of quit the day after i started. Such is life in the on-line poker world that people you don't no or will never meet will take advantage of another players persona and may use in-dignified tactics to tilt other players in a number of ways, whether it be there avatar, were there from or how they might play. You need to deflect such tactics to progress on-line or remove your chat box as soon as you get seated if it gets you so up-beat. The table is a battle ground and before you enter it you should put on your armoury because not every one out there is as nice as pie Please Ronh let your next thread be a happy one

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:03 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Seriously though...

There is an old saying:

"One to one, the harsh words of others can never wound you."

Either something someone says about you is "true", and it bears your consideration, and helps you to change for the better, OR...

It is un-true and as such should be beneath your notice.

Simply have confidence enough in yourself to know which is which, and act appropriately.

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
I am American, and I love Canadians.

They are especially good when served with a nice cream sauce and a flaky biscuit!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-GOOD!

And.....wait for it.......hairy boobs!

Tits

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#14)
[QUOTE=!!!111Dan;289468]Of course Canadians are good at poker. If you don't play hockey or dog-sled, what else ya' gonna do during the 10 months of winter?

Sooo wrong Dan,

For those 10 months of winter, we have no electicity in our igloos

Dale

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#15)
[QUOTE=dale442;289498]
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Of course Canadians are good at poker. If you don't play hockey or dog-sled, what else ya' gonna do during the 10 months of winter?

Sooo wrong Dan,

For those 10 months of winter, we have no electicity in our igloos

Dale

AAA Batteries are not that expensive lol

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:51 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
first of all i don't understand the whol fussss about being or not being canadian!! we all play poker right

my experience is that the most of the name calling players just suck in their game and just blame everyone.

now i am learning and also learning the hard way but what i see is people who play bingo hands with 84s and win get al sort of nh and vnh and thinks like great play. it makes them cocky. but when u wipe them of the table they start name calling if u beat them with 89s and u can call cheap in a family pot with T76 rainbow flop.

they just don't know better, they see it on television etc

just keep playing and i hope we can cross tables once so i can judge ur play!! i am still a fast learning fish by the way lol
If you type in NH or VNH or something along those lines to these morons, Yes it does make them cocky. That is what you want. If they remain cocky they will continue to make those same or worse mistakes. Giving you the opportunity to suck up their chips with your premium hands.

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:52 PM
(#17)
Well ronh I would tend to think that the players calling you with hands like 84 aren't doing it because they think YOU'RE a bad player but are doing it because THEY are bad players.

As to the peeps thinking that you're a donk because you're Canadian that's something you'll just have to get used to as it's a common stigma for being from the same country as effsea.

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 04:00 PM
(#18)
As to the peeps thinking that you're a donk because you're Canadian that's something you'll just have to get used to as it's a common stigma for being from the same country as effsea. [/QUOTE]

So us Canadians are being judged on Eff's personna??

Big bellied, fat arsed, beer guzzling bunch of..... Otis'?????

Oops...Well hell...if the shoe fits.....

Dale

buuuuurp.

Last edited by dale442; Wed Jul 13, 2011 at 04:07 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faery Tats View Post
And.....wait for it.......hairy boobs!

Tits

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 04:29 PM
(#20)
[QUOTE=Bill Curran;289501]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post

AAA Batteries are not that expensive lol

All those AAA batteries get used to power other toys during the loooong 10 month winter...Or so I'm told...

Dale

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com