Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

new tips???????

Old
Talking
new tips??????? - Wed Jul 13, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
can any one help me out!! because i think the fools also wait for the first break in the PSO

but when i am trying to be patience and make it through the first brake i am mostly in possesion of about 900 to 1200 chips just because i see between 30 en 40 whole cards without a single premium hand or a premium hand way out of position wich i fold automaticly to avoid the madness of bingo

my points ( the 11.00 europe time) and the 1500 and 1900 are not yet included is around 1850 and must be around 1920 about now so it makes it difficult to get into positive points now because i have to finish under 2000 to break even. but the madness goes on far beyond that and every time i play supertight my premium hands get crunched just because i am a easy call,

900 against a 15000 stack is peanuts right so are there any guys who altered their stiles or is it just bad luck

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Tip #1: You will only get a group 1 hand (AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AKs) roughly 1 hand in 46. Acccept it.

Tip #2: PATIENCE!

Realize 900 v. 15000 chips does not matter in league play.

League play is about your cumulative score for the month, NOT your score in any single tournament. In league play, as long as you have ANY CHIPS you can out last 1 more person (possibly). Out lasting people puts you closer to your transition to positive points. ANY positive points amount, be it tiny, or huge, is GOOD in league play.

You will NOT be able to win the entire league in a single tournament on day 1 of a month, but you CAN do something (take a negative score) that makes it a LOT HARDER to win. So if you msut blind all the way down to the point you are all in to get to positive points, but that DOES get you to positive points...DO IT.

Old
Wink
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:04 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdean View Post
tip #1: You will only get a group 1 hand (aa/kk/qq/jj/aks) roughly 1 hand in 46. Acccept it.

Tip #2: Patience!

Realize 900 v. 15000 chips does not matter in league play.

League play is about your cumulative score for the month, not your score in any single tournament. In league play, as long as you have any chips you can out last 1 more person (possibly). Out lasting people puts you closer to your transition to positive points. Any positive points amount, be it tiny, or huge, is good in league play.

You will not be able to win the entire league in a single tournament on day 1 of a month, but you can do something (take a negative score) that makes it a lot harder to win. So if you msut blind all the way down to the point you are all in to get to positive points, but that does get you to positive points...do it.

the patience part for me is no problem,

but this morning i had about 900 chips left with 2400 people remaining and i get jj in the cutof, problem was that there where 4 limpers and blind 200/100 so i pushed and get called by all four.

So are u suggesting that if i see those 4 players limp i should fold because of league points???

Or is it just bad luck that u get crunched by donkeys who call everything because of their huge stacks??

That's a little confusing.

Don't get me wrong because i know every tourney is another chalenge but folding out of the tourney is doable and if needed i do so but i cannot muck my seldom premium hands everytime i see all those loose players hand after hand calling and raising

there are about 60000 of them so 6 out of 9 on every table play 40 out of 40 the first hour lol

tnx any way u are helping me enormous lol

keep up the good work

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I don't know about the others but personally I try and pick spots when short stacked with isolated battles. I'd rather have an isolated battle with pure junk, praying for two live cards than have a fairly solid holding - praying to survive 4+ calls.

The last thing you want to do is sweat about your stack in comparison to the big stacks. Some of those nutcases have a huge advantage over you in that they do not care about points. They will donk up a massive stack early, something point grinders will not often get to have. Remind yourself that you will get the last laugh when they win pennies and you are gunning for the big score at the end of the month.

As Jd said, it's all about survival. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_RVId9OkgI

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Wed Jul 13, 2011 at 03:13 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
the patience part for me is no problem,

but this morning i had about 900 chips left with 2400 people remaining and i get jj in the cutof, problem was that there where 4 limpers and blind 200/100 so i pushed and get called by all four.

So are u suggesting that if i see those 4 players limp i should fold because of league points???

Or is it just bad luck that u get crunched by donkeys who call everything because of their huge stacks??

That's a little confusing.

Don't get me wrong because i know every tourney is another chalenge but folding out of the tourney is doable and if needed i do so but i cannot muck my seldom premium hands everytime i see all those loose players hand after hand calling and raising

there are about 60000 of them so 6 out of 9 on every table play 40 out of 40 the first hour lol

tnx any way u are helping me enormous lol

keep up the good work
You could have limped with them and hope the Blinds don't raise, If you hit the flop great, but if you don't, you can fold with minimal loss.

After all at 100/200 the ante's have not kicked in yet, but even if they did you would still have the complete Orbit left, that you had before.

And if you time all your hands down this could mean an extra couple of hundred places.

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
i will be so glad as this month is over

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 04:51 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Fold all group 1-4 hands Shove all the rest.
This is a proven method. Just ask the shove monkeys

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 06:09 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshot View Post
Fold all group 1-4 hands Shove all the rest.
This is a proven method. Just ask the shove monkeys
tried it lol! u know what if we try it it won't work

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 06:22 PM
(#9)
Since: May 2011
Fold
Run the clock to zero
Fold
Run the clock to zero
Fold
Run the clock to zero
ect....

If you do this you will get positive points!! EVERYTIME!!

Do not worry about stack size. Just about everyone here can tell you their own story how they went from very few chips, to very deep in the tourney resulting in huge positive points for them!!.

Look up my stats if you like. I RARELY play ANY hand before I am in the points!! Still has allowed me to get quite deep in a few tourneys as well.

POSITIVE points is all that matters. You can never get there from busting out early.

Dale

Old
Wed Jul 13, 2011, 06:28 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Fold everything,donks will be there even at the 3000 left point.
Clock it like others have suggested and open up at 2500 left,still get negative points but it isnt as harsh.
Ive only had one really deep run and the donks where still shoving at that point as well with atc.
Just went out with Queens against Q7 last tourney,nothing you can really change about your game to survive in the jungle.

Old
Talking
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 09:47 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
lol ain't doing else lol fold clock fold clock etc watching shovemonkeys kill each other, getting tempted with cards lik A9s, 78s,98s in late position to call, i am well over 1900 points now so i am doing fine indeed and all the tips are helping very well but it still is a frustrating way of poker.

yesterday my wife had to keep watch for me and she is a fun player and isn't willing to learn so i told her to fold "ANYTING THAT LOOKS LIKES CARDS" and after 10 minutes and 4 hands she asked me what the fun part was!! i said the fun part is to take the chips in a later stadium out of the big stacks and end up high in the leaderboard

u had to see the look in her eyes, as if she had seen a gost

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 10:03 AM
(#12)
Your wife was playing on your account for you? That's a violation of Pokerstars TOS I believe.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 11:59 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2010
Yes it is Merc.
Wopke, there are only very specific times you may let someone else play your account, such as a power failure.
Please review the TOS for pokerstars.

Old
Wink
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 01:15 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
No i was playing myself but had to step away for about à short period of time. She only had to keep à watch for me. By the way i never let her play lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com