Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

other poker games

Old
other poker games - Thu Jul 14, 2011, 01:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
just wonderingis there any one here that likes to play other poker games, i myself enjoy limit razz amd limit 2,7 triple draw low ball!

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 01:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Definitely! Kinda hoping pso finally brings in some PLO tournies now that we have some numbers
Holdem is actually one of my least favourites

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 06:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
HORSE, OMAHA (Hi/Lo), RAZZ, STUD (Hi/Lo)

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 07:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
I like 2-7 low tripple draw .50/1 limit aswell good game for making your vpp's also like badugi and limit omaha hi/low

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 07:53 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
you name it i play it, though my play in some of these games are pretty bad, namely badugi and 5 card draw but only recently took them up.

a HORSE/8 game/10 game tourney would be nice huh

good luck

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 08:21 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooza1 View Post
you name it i play it, though my play in some of these games are pretty bad, namely badugi and 5 card draw but only recently took them up.

a HORSE/8 game/10 game tourney would be nice huh

good luck
Hey Yahooza you should practice playing badugi as it can raise your vpp's quickly and there is some good profit to be had in it, play it like you would 2-7 choosing only to play hands with only 1 card to spin look for hands that are low ie a234 best hand and you cant go wrong, making $10-$20 in 1 hour and around 20 vpps is easy done with a full table.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 08:37 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Hitman View Post
Hey Yahooza you should practice playing badugi as it can raise your vpp's quickly and there is some good profit to be had in it, play it like you would 2-7 choosing only to play hands with only 1 card to spin look for hands that are low ie a234 best hand and you cant go wrong, making $10-$20 in 1 hour and around 20 vpps is easy done with a full table.
yeah man, it's a very good idea. badugi was a major tilt game for me though, i'd usually pick starters like you mentioned, some a23's, 234's etc etc, would never hit my badugi(well maybe 10% of the time i would) and the guy who drew 4 the first draw, 4 the 2nd draw and 4 the 3rd draw would end up winning. these were however astronomer freerolls and therefore i shouldn't judge the game by those standards. can't hurt to give it another shot, will probably get addicted to it like the rest of the forms of poker.

top 3 games for me:
2-7 SD
Razz
Omaha high, hold em makes like 6th on my list, it's a true gamblers game

good luck

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 09:22 AM
(#8)
Stud 8, Omaha H/L, Razz, and Horse were the games I used to try to get the weekly round 2 tickets in. I like those best.

Old
Thu Jul 14, 2011, 09:39 AM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
Play a few myself. Omaha, 5 card draw (Don't get why more people don't play this more) and 2-7 single draw are my main area's outside of Hold-Em. Will get around to learning some more soon enough.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com